It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Guild Wars2

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rebellion935
kyhas wrote:
yeah that was good heroes killed it except end zones and then templates killed that. but you could go play by yourself if no one was on without inturruption

Templates didnt kill that. It was build websites posting the best builds for certain areas which basically made it really easy for people. Observer mode had killed PvP builds since everyone knew the top players builds.

Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I guess you've all seem the new trailer?

It looks nice.

However, it is basically confirmed that Guild Wars 2 will remain a heavily instanced game, with cities probably being the only true open zone.

I will not be buying this game.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I would like to see this new trailer seeing as the only one shown so far has been that one with all the concept art and no actual evidence of instancing.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

There's a new one out that shows some in-game footage :)

http://www.massively.com/2009/08/20/are ... 2-trailer/

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/faq/ wrote:
How is Guild Wars 2 different from other MMOs?
While Guild Wars 2 adds a persistent-world experience, it retains the unique characteristics of the original game, including strong narrative, extensive instanced gameplay, anti-grind design philosophy, and strong support for competitive play.

Highlighted in poo colour to emphasise how I feel about this.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:09 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

The trailer doesnt show any form of instanced gameplay at all. It just shows different environments. I dont see whats so bad about instanced gameplay. Games like WoW and that feel barren anyway in most areas since you never see anyone anyway half the time and the few people you do see wont interact with you anyway.

For all you know the in game footage shown could always be apart of the "persistant world experience" shown. To be honest all I have seen from you is "bawww I hate instances please take them away". Instead of constantly saying its crap you could actually say why you think its crap?

Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Apologies for confusion, but I didn't say that the video showed instanced gameplay...

The only thing that points towards the game being heavily instanced is on the official websites FAQ, not the video.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
Just play on the highest populated server... nagafen

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/101/1015971p1.html

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/guild-wars-2-preview_4?page=1

http://www.pause.com/index.php/guild-wars-2-exclusive-a-few-questions-with-mike-obrien/

Each one of these says Guild wars 2 has a persistant world.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Interesting. We'll just have to wait and see.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/d ... -overview/

Still will be heavily instanced also:
Quote:
How is Guild Wars 2 different from other MMOs?

While Guild Wars 2 adds a persistent-world experience, it retains the unique characteristics of the original game, including strong narrative, extensive instanced gameplay, anti-grind design philosophy, and strong support for competitive play.

Thu May 13, 2010 7:29 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Hello.

Who else is interested in this game?

A lot more information has been released especially in the last couple of weeks.

Personally it's not my kinda game - I don't like the look of the combat, interface or classes after watching the recent videos so it's really a no-go for me. It does look like it's extremely popular though and there are lots of people really looking forward to it. More so than RIFT and Tera it seems.

Update: FAQ still hints at extensive instanced gameplay. IMO this sucks.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:22 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
azcn2503 wrote:
IMO this sucks.

I'd think we'd noticed that already :P

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:52 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Lies, should be pretty good, i'm lookign forwrd to it

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Hello

I would just like to say that apart from the cool comics and nice artwork, I dislike everything on this page:
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/c ... ing-death/

Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Steam Login Name: mini-rennac
How much would Guild Wars 2 be costing is it Month sub?

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
GW1 was buy the game+expansions only, no subs, so I would expect GW2 will be the same.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:21 pm 

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Steam Login Name: mini-rennac
Ahh cool cool, sounds good then may have to get it if enough people form here will get it as well. Not like DDO...

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

im a definite rennac :)

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

What are you looking forward to the most in Guild Wars 2?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

The death and combat system has got me really interested. especially the difference of combat to typical stand there and attack them with numbers kind of fighting. As for the death system i completely agree and likw what they have done. Although some people like the feeling of healing others, losing healer classes isn't major i believe. Personally im still looking for more classes. Paragon, assassin, ritualist or dervish to the line up.

Finally the story. I enjoyedguild wars for its story and i hope to enjoy GW's2 for the same reason.

You may only be limited to 10 skills but i like it.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Personally I think this is the next stage in dumbing down online RPG's but again if people are going to be playing it then I might as well make the one-off purchase so that you guys can group up with a real person.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:44 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I don't believe PC gamer when they, on the cover, claim Guild wars 2 to be the savior of the MMO.

BUT

I do believe it is different enought to change the MMO as we know. ITs all very info overload in abundant skills of varying purpose. Guild wars does it different and i think its a good thing.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:44 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

All I can see this being at the moment is the next Guild Wars game. I don't think it is worthy of being called an MMO because it's missing the key element of being massive what with all the instanced gameplay. It is an online RPG.

As for them calling it the saviour of MMO's... I think quite the opposite. This mentality that everything can be achieved solo or with bots, that you can pick up and play and achieve something in 5 minutes is a load of bull. Playing games like that offers little sense of achievement because there are no epic experiences that took you a long time, that rewarded a rare item, that you can genuinely feel like you worked hard toward...

I personally can't wait for another game like EQ2 (how it was in it's released state or at least to GU11) where things were really difficult, required you to group and spend hours online. It was good then. It's going more the way of WOW now, making things too easy.. everybody has the same gear (inspect anybody and you can bet a lot of money that they are wearing the "Challengers xx gear").. all to appeal to noobs and people that have not played MMO's before or want an easy 10 minute experience...

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/h ... monuments/

monument calculator :)

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Cool feature

Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next