It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: TTDLX (Transport Tycoon Deluxe) Help needed

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Can anyone give me advice on how to start playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe as i cant seem to do anything.

Any advice/walkthroughs/cheats helpful,

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
This is a mini starting tutorial, some of it requires the [url=http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/latestw.zip]patch[/url];

Find two compatable businesses, such as a coal mine and power station (this is the default landscape). These are the best as you only need to be worrying about 1 resourse, coal. It is also profitable.

Build a train station at the both the Power Station and Coal Mine. With the patch you can build in pause, hich makes it easier). The station should be 2 stations wide and about 7 long, or more if they are far apart. When you are building, make sure you have the catchment area on. Make sure the stations do not capture anything but the coal mine/power station, this makes it much easier.

At each station, put 1 peice of straight track out the front and back of each platform. Connect one of these from the coal mine with one from the power station. Try to make sure the track stays level, and as direct as possible. Connect the track next to the line to the line, and put a signal on the other side of the junction (at each station).connect the two tracks at the back of the station, and bring a track round the front of the station, attaching it to the already made junction. Make sure it is signalled properly (one at the front and back of the station). Attach a depot to the junction at the back of each station.

You may be thinking it's a bit complecated, but it allows better expansion later.

Build a train at the coal mine depot, with 2 of the fastes trains available (hold ctrl) and 2 coal wagons per length of station-1. Hit the arroe button, tell it to go to the coal mine, setting it to full load, and then the power station. Hit go and unpause.

Congratulations, your first business is up and running!

A standard coal train will make 5 to 10 tousand pounds per trip, on a standard trip.

I have made a map with a coal mine and power station in both the north and west corner, which are cnnected by train. The train has 4 Ginuz A4 Steam engines (that can take it to 160mph) and 24 coal trucks. A full load brings in ?225,000, and it can do 2 or 3 trips a year, it's awesome! It paid for it's costs extremely quickly.

Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:50 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Even simpler. Get two towns near each other and make two bus shelters and build a depot (thats the important bit). Send the bus from one stop to the other using the arrow on the vehicle screen.

Thats easier.

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, I guess it is. You get more pride out of a Train system, plus if you can do trains, you can do most the stuff on TTDLX.

Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:26 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Yes, but trains are muc harder to set up than Road, air and Boats because you have to bulild the track too. If you cant get the signals working dnt worri, Grim will probably show how to do then correctly eventully in his game diary for TTDLX

Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:05 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That's why building a train is a good idea - it builds your skills up fast. Also it's the most profitable.

As for my game diary, I haven't had much time to play recently, though maybe in a couple of weeks.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:03 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

ok. seeing as i have had MANY people asking me if i can right a help guide, me and grim have decided to right one. we may eventually put it upo on the main web page, but will alos be here possibly.

by the way, inow have about 1000 vds!

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, should I write the train section of the guide? I've been having a lot of practice with my coal network (more info coming soon...). Should we include saves (OpenTTD compatable)?

Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:55 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

yeah. im doing the passenger part and stuff about planes and boats. Trains is really grims area so he can do that bit.

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

So, waht about example saves?

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:01 pm 

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

FINALLY, i may get good, i havent tried this yet, but it should work. Thankyou

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:56 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It probably won't happen, but I may be able to put something together if I have any spare time.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:16 am 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Yeah i agree. i think i started wrinting someting a while ago for this. Ill try and fins it and post it here.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Sounds cool, if I find some free time I may contiribute a bit about trains, especially complex networks.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:09 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Yep thats what u do best. but hey im still almost as good with my raods and simple rail lines!

Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

But you've seen some of my networks...

Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:14 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Ok ill be starting the first proper version after the exams i will right this help text as i wish to have a huge game over the net! lol!

(I thikn 5 more)

Tue May 09, 2006 6:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm