It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Crysis

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Use the spoiler, Aaron! Use the spoiler.... (tag)

I don't really see how pics could really be to big a spoilers, we know loads about the story already anyway.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:48 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I'll post some installation screens.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Skillers wrote:
98%.... Interesting. I somehow doubt it's that good, though, the story doesn't seem to have much to it. I would say 90s, but 98% is probably going to be a bit much.

PC Gamer US: 98%
PC Games (Germany): 94/100
PC Action (Germany): 92/100
Middle East Gamers: 10/10
IGN: 9.4/10
Gametap: 10/10
Gamestar (Germany): 94/100
Gamespot: 9.5/10
GameReactor (Norway): 10/10
GamePro: 4.75/5
GameDaily: 9/10
EuroGamer UK: 9/10
CVG (PCZone): 9.2/10
1UP: 8/10

That's a list compiled by http://www.incrysis.com

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Any score that is given out of 10 without decimal I never like. And PCZone do percentages.

But yeah, 90-95% seems about right. Must read the 1UP review though.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:26 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

EA have lied to us.

The promise that people who preordered officially will be able to play 2 days before the official release date is a complete lie.

Typical EA.

People have gone out to their local stores and bought the game before the 'priority' people who spent more money and preordered officially.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Skillers wrote:
Any score that is given out of 10 without decimal I never like. And PCZone do percentages.

But yeah, 90-95% seems about right. Must read the 1UP review though.

1UP seemed to mince it quite a bit, but did not give it less than 8. It was interesting to read though.

EDIT: According to people on the InCrysis forums, it is a bit innacurate and one of the poorer reviews (not as in a poor review of the game, but as in the review itself is poor).

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12957&p=2

Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

What could you expect, Aaron?

Anyway, Met, while the review wasn't the best, saying that people on a fansite think it's a bad review doesn't really justify it, after all, they are fans.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:40 pm 

Skillers wrote:
What could you expect, Aaron?

Anyway, Met, while the review wasn't the best, saying that people on a fansite think it's a bad review doesn't really justify it, after all, they are fans.

Good point good point. I was pointing out apparant factual inaccuracies according to people who have played the game.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

By the way...

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Nice, you played it yet?

Also, you bought a BF2 booster pack?

Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:06 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I played it for about 1 minute before I went to work, haha! I'm going to be playing it as soon as I get home.

As for the booster pack... yes I bought that for my brother when Euro Force first came out. I think we played it for about 30 minutes before I felt physically sick and raped that I just paid £5 for a god awful excuse for a booster pack. It does very, very little to enhance the game in any way, and the weapons/vehicles are inaccessible in the rest of the BF2 games.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

LOL, OK, well report to use what it's like!

Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:56 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Well...

It's bloody good!!

Apart from the fact that my system grinds to a standstill when I get to a very foresty section. I am running the game at 1280x800 in DX10 mode with no antialiasing and no anisotropic filtering. At a guess, it runs close to 10FPS, but probably less than that. Had to switch to low detail mode at this stage (where it went up to, at a guess.. 40FPS?)

Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Use the ingame monitor to check your FPS.

Personally I think they could have made it run slightly better. It doesn't appear well optimised.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:44 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

And now I'm experiencing the infamous cave system bug. I can't access the caves network because of a bug where the rocks have fallen inside the cave. Gotta wait for a patch I guess.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

So the destructible environment means you actually can't continue?

Would it be possible to go back a few saves and hope?

(And wow, that bug sucks, would probs confuse people too)

Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:38 am 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I tried for ages to work around it but there's no fix at all. I even tried restarting the level, bear in mind that I am on the Delta difficulty mode, so that's no easy feat! ... But the cave was still blocked. I think it's a scripted, procedural event. The rocks are meant to fall in to the cave after you enter.

I made a joke thread about it on http://www.incrysis.com, claiming that I have completed the game!

Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I just hate it when people cant be bothered to read a someones whole post. It's pretty clear most of the people who replied to you hadn't read your whole post.

What a waste of your joke. :(

Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Clicky

Post made of win.

Replies made of fail.

LOL, nice one.

It's also another proof that too many people just read a title and reply. Those people are made of fail.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:18 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
They thought he was serious... :roll:

Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Si wrote:
They thought he was serious... :roll:

They thought his 2 hours was a typo. :/

Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Or that he had speedrun it, lol.

Anyway, Crysis is now available in shops, though I notice a lack of collectors edition over here.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:52 pm 

It's an exclusive to game.co.uk

Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ah, that sucks, it's not too expensive though, hmm...

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:17 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Well, what can I say... have been playing Crysis for about 10 hours now.
I started the game in Delta mode as soon as I got it (don't wanna be a noob and run through the easy modes).

What a buggy game!!
Not as buggy as BF2, but buggy enough to annoy me considerably.

Started up a thread on the http://www.incrysis.com website here: http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=14066

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:57 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next