It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: APB "GTA MMO" - All Points Bulletin

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
i wasn;t interested not my type of game

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

EVE's interesting, but I found it complicated and the tutorials....not much help. Never paid for it, only ever played trials. If they did a lifetime subscription option I'd probably pay for that.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
I'm not interested in any mmos!

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

well when I played it was generally just me star trekkin' across the universe

I got some nice 0.0 space with a smaller corp and ratting out there was damn fun but the alliance wanted more land and pissed off CVA (protip, they are big, you don't piss them off) so we wended up with nothing

and met, the game is really complicated for the first two days, after that you're flying through windows (II had most of it automated by the end anyway)

Sat May 01, 2010 6:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Automated = macros? If so, that's kinda against game rules.

Me and Wigo never got anywhere due to a lack of people, and couldn't really be bothered with politics, so never ventured into low sec.

Sat May 01, 2010 11:34 am 

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Yes, alot. and you missed out 0.0 is badass space it's all governed by the people, tribe mentality kicks in

Sat May 01, 2010 5:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I read loads about it, but was never in a strong enough (ie corp/alliance) position to go there.

Sat May 01, 2010 7:24 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Yeah this game is pretty hyped on Massively so I might check it out also.

Tue May 04, 2010 8:29 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

in 2010 a crack Techious unit was sent to space for a reason they forgot, these men promptly flew about a bit and blew up rats. Today, still wanted by goonswarm they survive as unfortunate soldiers. If you want to pvp, and no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can blow up the T-Team

(I get to be "Howlin' mad" Murdock, Aaron has to be Face, Skillers is Hannibal and ..oh god, Met as Mr T?)

I Ain't gettin' in no pod Foo'!

Tue May 04, 2010 9:27 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

So we've all applied right?

Would be awesome to get an EQ2 sized raid in APB and generally wreak havoc. Surely nobody would be expecting like an 8 strong gang of Techious players doing a bank job or something crazy like that... I wanna steamroll up in that place. Oh and I want a tank and it needs to fly.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Also you guys need a video to sell it to you a bit more:

Watch this video on Youtube.

Watch this video on Youtube.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I'm still on the Beta, but when I tried to do it, groups had really small limits on so couldn't really play.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

What are the limits on groups? That's a big factor for me.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

4, IIRC, really put me off.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:08 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

That makes me sad :(

I'll probably give it a miss.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

I am in the beta but have not actually played it.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Nannal wrote:
Game's gonna be awesome, I will be involved.

Just put myself in for the beta, Will be interesting to see If i get a response.

Fud<ing liar

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

http://www.massively.com/2010/06/14/one ... tress-apb/

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:43 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

For all those that didn't get in the beta...

http://www.massively.com/2010/06/15/tak ... #continued

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
managed to play this yesterday for an hour or so before it died. was quite fun, debating weather or not to get it. anyone else thinking about it?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I was considering it when they were yapping about their "super awesome pay system", but went feck it when that pay system turned out to be super meh.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:28 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!

Fun, but laggy, but fun, but laggy

Still fun though

but rage inducingly laggy

Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

i only got any real lag in the social district when there was 9001 people pimping there char at the same terminal, which i suppose i could forgive if the action districts stay lag free.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:05 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

And after 3 months, it's dead.

I'd say it's probably a mixture of not providing strong enough gameplay and a pretty poor business plan.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:41 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

pitty, the customisation was the best i've ever seen.
but the gameplay was really weak.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail