It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: The Steam Deal Thread

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Indeed 21st, my mother birthday v,v

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
buy your mum l4d ;D

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
i dont really like football manager, too many buttens i got confused on the demo

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

On football manager, I get bored doing all the stuff so I end up closing the game after about 5mins ;( and I love football!

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

bah fifa games are so cooler, coz you can play 1, sim 6, play 1, sim 6 ect

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I play all of them when I have fifa ;D. Wolves ftw!

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

:O GTFC (Div2 3rd from bottem :D woop)

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

top of the championship. nuff said

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

:O Shlaag

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
10% off raycatcher?

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Steam makes a lot of money with those weekend deals you know?
for the 2 days half prize of L4D the turnover raised 3000% thats <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> insane.
World of Goo had even 1470% more turnover O_O

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Wrong. Your numbers are from this, but have completely the wrong context.

The numbers given are average numbers over all weekend deal.

That post was from before WoG was even on weekend deal.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:54 am 

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

i have that from a german pc gamer magazin. and i was talking about sellings :/

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well that magazine is wrong then, those are the correct figures. The fact that both articles contain "1470" kinda implies the German magazine has lost something in translation.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:06 am 

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

I will try to translate the article as goog as i can

*wait please, underconstruction*

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:09 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Valve experimented on their Gaming Platform Steam with the Prizes. So they offered L4D for 2 days for the half of the normal prize. The sellings increased about 3000%. Gabe Newell said:
"At this time we made more money than at the realeasing of the game" That even works with games made by Games which arent developed by Valve, which are sold over Steam. Valve let the Developers choose how low they want the game offered. The Result was clearly: the lower the prize the more Win did the Developer make. 10% deduction was about 35% Revenue. 50% made a revenue of 320%. A quarter Price like World of Goo increased the Revenue to about 1470%.
...etc etc. the rest doesnt have anything important

i hope this is okay ><

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

"A quarter Price like World of Goo increased the Revenue to about 1470%."

The keyword here is like. It doesn't mean that WoG had those figures, but other games that were reduced the same amount averages out to it.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:27 am 

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

But Steam Deals are still making Valve rich. they even make more money with cheaper games. He said that the Gaming Industry has to think about the game's prizes, but people are still buying games when they come out. and not wait like 2-3 month. when the game is a lot of cheaper.
seriously. in the last time i only bought cheap games. i also play old games. i poo on graphics unless the game is good. Freelancer or Vampires: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Those games are both epic. and both made in 2004. you have to see how many people are still playing Freelancer and keeping the community alive. there still patches coming out for the mod i play.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I work for EA and can tell you this is not a good policy.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

wut? are you really working for EA, i dont believe this.
and why should it be a bad policy playing old games and keeping them alive?

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

He's insulting EA :P

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:48 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!

Im a doctor and i can tell you this is a clear case of "I am a doctor" syndrome.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Nannal wrote:
Im a doctor and i can tell you this is a clear case of "I am a doctor" syndrome.

i lolled ^^'

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

think of it like this, their a buisness, they make money, were custermers and shouldnt moan that us buying cheaper games makes them richer :D were happy, their happy, even dave (nanals bro) is slightly chuffed

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Dave could be any one of like 8 million people around here lol. And I don't think anyone is complaining about cheaper game prices!

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 26  Next