It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: I hate EverQuest 2!

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I intend to hopefully play it at some point this week and make up my own opinions on it. Until then it is just an MMO that I think Aaron spends far too much time on.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
doesn't stop it form stealing your customer base's money and time causing them to leave EQ for periods of time to play :D

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
So, I made a new character on the Techious account called: Techious.

Techious the Troubador.

Basically, this is how the game starts out...

The welcome screen!

Mid way through customisation of this character, there are a lot of options available

The first few windows you see, a new quest to accept and the welcome box (at this point I also import my UI settings from my other toon Stubble)

The clutter out of the way, the new quest is ready to be accepted

At this point, the game gives you tips on how to move and target and attack, but I have disabled those tooltips.

Techious isn't very powerful at the moment

Meanwhile, Stubble has just logged in (in Extreme Performance graphics mode) and is sitting in Kaladim, a Level 60+ zone

Stubble sends an invite to Techious

Stubble is too high above Techious' level (the message at the bottom of the screen)

On Stubble's end... he is trying to mentor, but can't because Techious is Level 1, and needs to be at least Level 10!

So I get to work...

Techious starts killing these little rock worm baby elemental things for his first quest

Techious then realises half way through killing them that this is an AWESOME TRIAL ACCOUNT! It wins him a cool cloak that makes him run 25% faster.

I claim the item, and it is in the inventory as a 'pack' containing the cloak and some experience boosting potions

There it is, I just double click on it to equip

Killing...

Level 2 from that :) it is so fast to gain levels... All the above completed in under 2 minutes.

Techious turns around - there is another quest in the distance

Some girl crying about bees, she wants you to swat them down

Beating up a bee, the skills are raising extremely fast since the new game update, it used to be a super grind, making it difficult to maximise the skills for your level, but now it is very easy! The defense, parry, piercing, slashing etc skills are going up. When they go up, they increase your chances of blocking, avoiding, and hitting the enemy, for example.

Level 3 came around very quickly.

Got a nice new buff for groupmates

And a damage spell

After handing in the bee quest, I see some more quests in the distance, back from where I came

Now I have a Level 3 quest and 2 Level 4 quests

Killed a creature and it dropped an upgrade to my Strength and Stamina groupwide buff

Hit Level 4 after killing a couple more creatures... it is extremely fast.

I get a new buff - the speed buff! With the 25% boost from the cloak and the 16% for this groupwide buff, he runs at 41%... My Level 68 Brigand runs at 40% and this dude is only Level 4!!!

Techious is getting stronger!

The 41% run speed visible on screen

An upgrade to the song (buff) that enhances casting ability of group members - Troubadors mainly asist spell casting groups but also provide melee buffs as well!

Speaking of buffs... here's a buff that you have to achieve through the Alternate Advancement system (AA), it enhances all criticals by 7.5%, which when augmenting all group members can make a huge difference!

Here's another earned buff that increases double attack chances for every rank it goes up. 8 points can be placed in this skill.

First named creature to kill as part of a quest - Yellowjacket

Techious is too awesome for Yellowjacket, Yellowjacket crumbles beneath me

Go Techious!

Not quite as good stats as Stubble... but he'll get there!

Now killing wolves for another quest.

Maxing out the ranged skill (attacks will almost always land now)

Then hitting Level 5 pretty much straight after

A new bow, a nice upgrade

Some not so exciting gathering

It's a good thing I made this character look swell so I can look at him lots

Executing a heroic opportunity for additional damage (the special effect), this opens up at Level 5

Yeah there is a disarm skill too, have it too low and you could blow your groups faces off! Not such an exciting item this time because the spell doesn't work for the Troubador class, but you could sell it to other plays on the broker (market).

Trying to fly... Fae can float!

New weapon

Doesn't look too special

Got a helmet now

Stats are rising slowly

A climbable tree trunk in front of me

Climbing

Quest hand in on top

Jumping down to my next quest update in the distance

Making my way in to the cave, an aggro goblin guards the entrance

I kill it and get to Level 6.

Getting boring? This is where it changes...

Now Mezi logs in and self-mentors to Level 10 using the newly introduced Chronolocking ability...

Mezi's stats at Level 10, quite overpowered for the job

A group is formed with Techious, and Mezi makes her way to see him. Techious is somewhere in the distance...

Making my way out of the tree tops in an acorn lift

A buff that I can place on you, increasing your attack speed by 36%

Another buff I can place on you, granting you a 39% chance to inflict an additional 79 to 96 damage on your target, this would be your most damaging ability

And this is Mezi's highest damage-per-second ability - every time YOU make an attack, I inflict mental damage between 125 and 183 for each hit (15 second recast with 3 triggers)

Time Compression - an awesome ability from my Alternate Advancement lines, allowing me to speed up the casting time, reuse time and recovery time of all abilities for just ONE person, unfortunately I cannot cast it on myself, or I would be too OP!

Techious and Mezi meet for the first time

The buffs are cast on Techious, but they scale down to pre-10 damage levels.

Techious is getting beaten around when he tries to take on more than two things at a time... so...

Mezi takes control from this point on...

Level 7...

In about 30 seconds, an entire room cleared, and now Techious is about 80% through Level 7 already!

Mezi is fast...

Techious hits Level 8 (hovering the cursor over his name from Mezi's side)

And on Techious' side you can see in the chat window that he has become Level 8

Killed about 10 more creatures and nearly Level 9 (this was less than a minute...)

Handing in the quest outside got Techious to Level 9

Level 10 after just 2 more quests and a bit of killing, taking about 3 or 4 minutes (there was some running around involved)... WOW! Plus a reward of 10 gold which at Level 10 is a large amount.

I stop Chronolocking and try to mentor Techious, but encounter my first error of the day... I cannot mentor him, apparently he is in combat...

Techious logs off then back on again...

Mentoring works again.

Why have I done this? Mentoring an apprentice grants them a boost to their experience gain, and provides me with a boost to my AA gain!

Mezi can view Techious' quests from her end, and gets straight to the killing!

Oh wait, what the hell!? 200% experience gain when grouped with your good old buddy mister azcn2503!!!

So that's why leveling has been extraordinarily fast!

Somewhere down the line, Techious hit Level 11 and is already 50% through the level!

And is now already over 60% towards Level 13, and grabbing a new weapon...

Which still doesn't look cool but oh well... Fairies just don't look awesome I'm afraid

Hope you can join me soon...

Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Skillers wrote:
DON'T DO IT MET!

What's the harm?

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: I hate EverQuest 2! BIG PICTURES WARNING!

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
You could become like Aaron :o

Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:53 am 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I'm not a bad person :'(

I don't think people realise just how helpful EverQuest has been to me this year... it has helped me get through some difficult times!

Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:46 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Just wondering if anybody else wanted to join me on a trial invitation? You'll get triple experience along with some other claimable rewards, including more experience gain potions. Plus you get to talk to me, in voice chat, for real - probably the greatest thing about my offer.

Met has accepted the trial now and will probably play this weekend.

The game download is about 8GB, so if you accept and download now, you can be sure it will be ready to play by the weekend :)

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I recommend as many people get the trial at once so we can try it as a group. Things might be more interesting that way. Community weekend/evenings on Everquest 2 anyone?

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

It would be absolutely amazing with a 6 group!

I will need your email addresses sent to me in a PM if you would like to take part in the 14 day free trial, you will get a triple experience bonus (when grouped with me), a cloak increasing your run-speed, and more experience boosting potions!

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
lol i'll get a trial! oh wait never mind actually ^_^

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I don't mind emailing one to you.

Should we use the in-game voice chat or shall we use a Mumble channel?

Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
I'm willing to try the trial again, It'll have to be on another email but whatever

Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Yeah that's cool :) just PM me the email address and I will gladly send one to you.

Just a reminder to all who wish to join: All my characters are on the good side, so I can help you even more if you join good instead of evil.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:11 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I however joined the evil side, which does not look anywhere near evil enough, aside from the names.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

M є τ r ɪ τ u τ u s wrote:
I however joined the evil side, which does not look anywhere near evil enough, aside from the names.

Yes :P Met was making me laugh, pointing out the purple glowing walls and flying blue glowing skulls. I tried taking him somewhere evil but only being Level 9 we got spanked by everything.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:45 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

The title of this thread makes me sad.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:42 am 
 Profile E-mail