It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Would you like to see an increase in the slot count?
Not bothered 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
No 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Yes - 18 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Yes - 20 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
Yes - 22 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Yes - 24 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Yes - 26 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Yes - 28 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes - 30+ 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post Post subject: Re: Techious Team Fortress 2 Slot count increase?

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
I see, well that would be more reasonable.

I'll be honest and say I don't care what randomers want on a server.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well randomers become regulars who become friends, right?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Once I know them I would consider what their opinion on a matter is. In terms of a randomer leaving the server because he doesn't have the choice for RTD being on (i still think those issues should be decided on the forums btw!) then no I don't care about that person.

The server has been doing perfectly fine as it is with being filled etc :). You can't convince everyone to be happy with the next map that's going to be on. Randomers come and go based on maps or whatever. Do I care about their opinions on what the next map should be? Not really. I prefer a rotation so every map gets played.

But hey, you can feel free to disagree ;D

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
18 Slots would be awesome, two more People because Server is almost always full. We can also have at least one of each Class and could do some Highlander Events or other Events.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm gonna feel me some freeness.
I also like random map rotation, I just can't stand well.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Harry wrote:
I'm gonna feel me some freeness.
I also like random map rotation, I just can't stand well.

I can't stand half the maps on rotation, but I deal with it just fine :P
Also, if it's random, there's a chance that you'll get dustbowl, goldrush, dustbowl (or something similar). And as much as people love dustbowl, I don't think they'd be willing to play it again so soon after playing it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:12 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

When I said random I meant a pre defined list rather than people choosing the map!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Harry wrote:
When I said random I meant a pre defined list rather than people choosing the map!

I think what Hawke meant was the possibility of the same map being randomly chosen twice in a row, or close to that.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Usually those plugins have the "don't play map again for X maps", don't they?

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:16 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Lord Metritutus wrote:
Harry wrote:

I think what Hawke meant was the possibility of the same map being randomly chosen twice in a row, or close to that.

I am pretty sure he is saying this because at some point we had Well (CP/CTF) next to each other on the rotation which caused some confusion/frustration :/

I'd like to see more Hydro love :)

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

DHR-107 wrote:
Lord Metritutus wrote:

I am pretty sure he is saying this because at some point we had Well (CP/CTF) next to each other on the rotation which caused some confusion/frustration :/

I'd like to see more Hydro love :)

Pretty sure this happened once and I fixed it. And it happened a few other times with some different maps but that was some sort of mysterious bug which I 'think' was fixed by a server restart. Although I'm sure this all happened ages ago. :P

Skillers wrote:
Usually those plugins have the "don't play map again for X maps", don't they?

I've not used one before so I don't know for certain, but it would definitely make sense.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:11 am 
 Profile E-mail