It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: Thorpe Park roadtrip, early November

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I am now back in Newport.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Suggestive_Leg
Oooh, I'm going to drag you to Kama lounge and force feed you a teapot.

Anyway, yes just over a month to go. It's time everyone really started to get on this.

I admit, I'm being a bit awkward with being at work until 6pm, but I'm sure we can work around it. If John, Dave everyone who is trekking to the 'Port manages to congregate around Newport trainstation, and keep themselves occupied then that's fine. I'll meet up with you all at about 6.35ish when I can get off the bus. Choosing the train station because it's fairly simple to get to.

But yes - suggestions etc. Go for it.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Well it's £13 single for me to go to Newport if I order now :P So that'll be like 15~18 nearer the time :P I need to know how much to give Lamsey too :P

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't worry about the petrol and toll - I'll be covering it

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Steam Login Name: siggs_gbr
What're the costs if we can't make it up to the 7 people? I'm just trying to approximate my total monies needed including train to Liams

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Steam Login Name: lamsey
We need to book in advance regardless of whether it's a group booking or not. We probably need to think about booking these sooner rather than later.

Individual tickets are £39. With 7-9 people it's £30.60. With 10+ it'd be £28.20.

Also, I can only take five people (including myself) in a journey, so unless someone else comes with transport, I'll need to make two trips to get everyone there on the day (feasible but not ideal). I will see if any of my local friends are up for it too.

Another detail: if I'm picking up folks from Newport on the Sat, I'll leaving around 4 and getting back around 8ish, so probably best to aim to arrive at mine either before or after those times.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Ok can people just post now if they're coming or not so we can get our numbers right. Three weeks to go - plenty of time to organise. Get on it.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

I'm still not fully decided on this, although it is tempting. One of my big concerns is diabetes related.

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Can totally understand that, fella

Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I should be totally in :) Will have to nail down specifics with Lamsey/Suggestive, but my timetable isn't bad and I doubt my Monday lecture will be important :P

Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Does anyone have any ideas on what sort of time they want to be back? In particular as in whenever we leave, it somehow results in myself being back in Newport by 10pm or earlier. Does anyone have any opinions on this or what time they would prefer to be back, etc?

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: will2k123
I imagine I'll be able to scive uni on the monday. Only got 1 thing that day.
Just need to either get Kyle involved for a lift or sort out train schedule, then someone to meet me/pick me up at the train station?

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Don't have the time to come, got a full day Monday (lectures from 9-5 only a lunchbreak) and can't afford to scive.

Have fun.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hawke wrote:
...can't afford to scive.

It's cool, half of people can't afford to go :P

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I'd like to book the tickets a couple of weeks in advance, so it would be cool if everyone could commit to a yes or no before the end of this week. Remember, to get the £30 price, we need to book in advance as a group. Can someone please ask Si if he's still interested, haven't spoken to him lately. Not sure if Kyle is interested too.

I'll continue to keep the opening post up to date with what I believe to be the current state of affairs.

Edit: also, for those doing the Newport thing, I'm happy to take people back on the Saturday night or on the Sunday morning, if people need to get back for uni. That being said, to get the most out of the park it'd be best not to have to leave Thorpe too early, since it's open till ten.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Right, status for me.

I want to go, but the cost/inconvenience I may cause of travelling may be the thing that ruins this.
Two parts. First getting to yours Lamsey, depending on cost/times either getting to yours via train or meeting with Dave, Nikki, etc. if theres room and then if youre picking them up, I basically follow.
On the day itself, I make it six by your post, so there I cause another pain. Would there be a convenient train/etc. to get to TP from your place and back, that way we avoid that problem.

Basically if we can sort out part 1 and theres a good answer to part 2 without costing £999999..................... then we are on to a winner.

Although... I am finding out my finalised Uni timetables for Fridays tomorrow, I should be free but I shall reply how that goes when I has the infos.

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Steam Login Name: will2k123
Someone's going to have hold my hand through this cause I've not done train travel before and I don't know what I'm doing when I get to wherever Liam is or anything.
I'm a lost little sheep
*Big eyes*

Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Lord Metritutus wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas on what sort of time they want to be back? In particular as in whenever we leave, it somehow results in myself being back in Newport by 10pm or earlier. Does anyone have any opinions on this or what time they would prefer to be back, etc?

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
As will implied but didn't say im not able to make it due to me and my GF doing out 'own thing' that weekend for our anniversary. sorry peeps.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:36 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Lord Metritutus wrote:
Lord Metritutus wrote:

Back on which day?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I think the plan was to stay over at liams place overnight on the Sunday too, met but I can understand if that is going to cause some issues :/

Will in terms of trains it is your call - head to Newport or reading - whichever is cheapest for you. I can help out with times and whatnot.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Si wrote:
Back on which day?

The day we go out.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I've updated the OP with the latest info - plan is to discuss this tonight on Steam. If anyone not listed is interested then let me know ASAP so we can sort things out. I'll be booking tickets as soon as everyone has confirmed.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Lamsey wrote:
EDIT: Final plans below.

Roll call: Lamsey, Nikki, Siggs, DHR, Mr. Will, Si, Met (7 people - enough for group booking at £33 each)

Plan:
  • Sat ~4pm - Lamsey leaves Wokingham
  • Sat ~6pm - Lamsey picks up Si, Dave, Met, Nikki from Newport
  • Sat ~8pm - Lamsey returns to Wokingham
  • Sat evening - grab some takeaway and watch a movie, or alternatively head to pub
  • Sun morning - head to Thorpe Park (5 people in car, two will need to train it)
  • Sun evening - leave Thorpe, head back to mine (again, two via train)
  • Sun eve/Mon morn - Lamsey delivers people back to Newport, Siggs and Will elope depart

Unknowns:
  • Is everyone listed above definitely happy for me to buy a ticket at £33 on their behalf? I want to do this ASAP.

I am fine with this. I can either Paypal the money or give it to you in person.

• Exactly where and when am I picking people up from Newport (suggest near Nikki's work at 6pm to save time)?
  • When are Siggs and Will arriving on the Friday? Before 4pm or after 8pm is ideal

Just to Clear up, the above has no plans for Friday? Or are they coming down earlier?

• Who is doing the trains to Thorpe? Closest station is Staines - there is a shuttle bus to Thorpe (alternatively I can ferry people depending on timing)
  • When do people need to leave? I am happy to take people back on the Sunday evening or the Monday morning. If we do the Sunday evening, then Met needs to be back in Newport by 10pm to do his night jab (which means leaving TP at 7pm at the very latest - TP is open till 10pm).

Stuff to bring:
  • Any required clothing, toiletries, etc. Late-night non-female nudity will not be tolerated. Please bring a towel if you're showering, as I only have a couple of spares.
  • Booze for the evenings if you have particular tastes (I will have some stuff available)
  • At least a couple of people will need to bring sleeping bags. I have a double bed and a double futon, plus my own sleeping bag and thermalrest.

I've got a sleeping bag I can bring, will probably have a rucksack for the majority of my stuff. I'll need to sort a train to Newport too, so I'll have to sort that, I'll have to meet Nikki/John at the train station cause I have no idea where to go :P I'd like to know if we are coming back Sun/Mon I don't mind on either but I would like to book the train in advance and don't want to get stuck :)

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

DHR-107 wrote:
I am fine with this. I can either Paypal the money or give it to you in person.

In person is fine, bank transfer is also an option (I can give relevant numbers).

DHR-107 wrote:
Just to Clear up, the above has no plans for Friday? Or are they coming down earlier?

Good spot, have corrected that.

DHR-107 wrote:
I've got a sleeping bag I can bring, will probably have a rucksack for the majority of my stuff. I'll need to sort a train to Newport too, so I'll have to sort that, I'll have to meet Nikki/John at the train station cause I have no idea where to go :P I'd like to know if we are coming back Sun/Mon I don't mind on either but I would like to book the train in advance and don't want to get stuck :)

I'm thinking for the Sat, pick people up at the station around quarter to six then getting Nikki as she leaves work at six. Need to double check how that will work traffic wise.

On the Mon, my current theory would be to leave Wokingham around 9ish to get people to Newport for around 11, if that suits everyone?

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail