It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Thorpe Park roadtrip, early November

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: lamsey
EDIT: Final plans below.

Roll call: Lamsey, Nikki, Siggs, DHR, Mr. Will, Si, Met (tickets booked at £33 each - cash or bank transfer is fine)

Dates: Sat 29th - Mon 31st

Plan:
  • Sat ~3pm - Lamsey picks up Will & Siggs from Wokingham station
  • Sat ~3.45pm - Lamsey leaves Wokingham
  • Sat ~5.45pm - Lamsey picks up Si, Dave, Met from Newport Station
  • Sat ~6pm - Lamsey picks up Nikki as she leaves work
  • Sat ~8pm - Lamsey returns to Wokingham
  • Sat evening - grab some takeaway and watch a movie, or alternatively head to pub
  • Sun morning - head to Thorpe Park (5 people in car, Siggs and Nikki will go by train)
  • Sun evening - leave Thorpe, head back to mine (again, Siggs/Nikki via train), more food/movie/pub as required
  • Mon 9am - Lamsey leaves to deliver Si, Met, Dave (+ Siggs?) to Newport station, Will (+ Siggs?) depart
  • Mon ~11am - Arrive in Newport

Stuff to bring:
  • Any required clothing, toiletries, etc. Late-night non-female nudity will not be tolerated. Please bring a towel if you're showering, as I only have a couple of spares.
  • Booze for the evenings if you have particular tastes (I will have some stuff available)
  • Bring a sleeping bag if you can

Last edited by Lamsey on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Thorpe Park roadtrip, early November

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You're expecting me to attend when I have no finances, oh you! :'(

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:01 pm 

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

OK, so DHR made a good point last night in chat that the 5th of November is of course Bonfire Night so possibly not the best time. Therefore I would like to propose the previous weekend. Nikki can't get that Saturday off though so it would have to be the Sunday.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:43 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Depends on my timetable/work load by then really... Oh and the fiscal cost for getting there :P

Otherwise I'd be game :)

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

If it makes more financial sense, I could come to the Newport/Gloucester area and pick people up. Four people sharing 50 quid or so of petrol costs could be significantly cheaper than paying for train tickets...

I also have two two-for-one vouchers for entry to Thorpe Park. I'll try and find more.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
I am a maybe depending on how Uni goes.. but I should be good :)

But yes... let's get us together with all the required details and it shall be good.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

It says "50% OFF ALL GROUP TICKETS!". Is that of any help?

Also it's been years since I've gone to a theme park, and I've only been to one twice, so I'm interested, depending on costs, timing, and what's happening then. I will be in Newport then.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
I shall not be attending after watching Final Destination 3...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: will2k123
Well I'll be in uni at that point, so I'll have to see if I can spare the time closer to the date, but if I have money, don't need to go into uni and can arrange someone to pick me up on their way there maybe, I'll be up for it.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
I can't. I have School on Monday. I was thinking about coming for these Days or coming to UK for New Year. Guess it'll be New Year.

If you wanna go to a Theme Park in Summer (LAN Time ish) I'll come :)

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Steam Login Name: Suggestive_Leg
Met if you do decide you want to go - we can trek down together. Keep me updated on your situation(s). I'll most likely be heading down on the Saturday night after work so we can either meet at the train station or something else. I'm still sketchy on details.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm a shitty spoilsport :(

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Suggestive wrote:
Met if you do decide you want to go - we can trek down together. Keep me updated on your situation(s). I'll most likely be heading down on the Saturday night after work so we can either meet at the train station or something else. I'm still sketchy on details.

This sounds like a good idea. The train station isn't far from where I stay in Newport.

I really don't know much about this, this will be the first time I've been to a theme park in a long time, and I have no idea on costs etc.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Lord Metritutus wrote:
Suggestive wrote:

This sounds like a good idea. The train station isn't far from where I stay in Newport.

I really don't know much about this, this will be the first time I've been to a theme park in a long time, and I have no idea on costs etc.

Well I'm in Swansea, so would be easy for us to all end up n the same train/synchronise in some way? Early as possible for the train times, cheap as possible :)

WHAT £40.80?! For one TICKET?! That is on the day, so we need to get this sorted :o

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

It says on the page that group tickets are 50% off until September the 4th. Can we use this in any way perhaps?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:46 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

That would be a good idea. I've double-checked the fine print on my 2-for-1 vouchers (of which I now have 6) and it says they're valid until the 5th of November, but it specifically excludes a range of dates which includes the 30th. I was going to try and find different vouchers, but if you can just get 50% off with a group booking, then we may as well do that. 20 quid for a whole day is pretty good value for money to my mind (although you will get raped if you buy anything in the park IIRC).

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Harry wrote:
I'm a shitty spoilsport :(

Me too. Lamsey's such a Dick. It's not even my Fault I can't come.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I have amended the lists to be more lenient to people with decent excuses (like living on a different landmass) :P

I have checked and it turns out that the 30th is part of the Fright Nights event - see pricing info in the opening post. This explains why my vouchers wouldn't work. I'm happy to stick with the Sunday, as that should mean that most people are still able to come, but if everyone could do a mid-week day then we could change it up to a day the following week (preferably Mon-Wed), which would mean it would be cheaper and potentially a bit quieter.

That being said, the Fright Nights thing might make it a good laugh, and if we get there nice and early then hopefully we should be able to get a fair amount done.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

If it's mid-week, I'll have to try and find out when my lectures are to stop them from clashing.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yeah I figure midweek is a non-starter, but worth mentioning just in case...

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Mid-week isn't really an option for me. Monday maybe, but I don't know.

Also, Dave/Met - Liam has offered us lifts around. If you can both make it to my workplace (or the city centre) we can roll from there. Dave obvious I know you have to get here from Swansea, but check the tickets? Met, the 36 (Celtic Springs) from the bus station stops right outside the LTSB building. If you need any more directions give me a shout. Just let me know wha tyou think.

I'll be covering the cost of petrol and the toll.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Once I'm back in Newport I'll try to locate where your work place is, etc. I can probably walk to the city center.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Also, I'll be waiting for pics and specs.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Actually it's probably best if I meet you both in the city centre. Saves Liam running about so much and also stops you getting lost while looking for me

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

...I might need to be moved to the Possibly Awesome category for now. I don't want to say no just yet.
Getting down to the port's city centre would be good for me, I'll just need to sort some things out first

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm