It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Techious and activity

Multi Poster
Multi Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rbgurden
Hey all

I used to know a few members (skillers, simon) etc back in 6th form in Glos...

Just found you through a mates steam friends... how active is techious? Wondered if I can join in with you guys, esp since that Lan 2011 looks great as its in glos!

Cheers

Gurd

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Techious and activity

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Dear person of interest/misfortune
If you are reading this then you must be new to/have been abandoned at this community/asylum known as Techious. In that case, I greet/condemn you with the best/worst intentions. I hope things are going very well/horribly wrong for you in real life and wish you the best/would jump off a bridge on future occasions.
The rules of this place/looney-bin are quite simple. Be polite to the other members/inmates whilst showing particular respect for the staff members/demons that run this place. The members/inmates of this community/hell hole are very friendly/unfriendly and I am certain/hopeful they will greet you warmly/roast your genitals on a spit upon seeing you/your ugly face.
The social order is/things that will happen to you are as follows. Si/Cookie Monster is the top dog/assassin I have hired and being the clever man/sadistic b*stard he is, he fixes and maintains everything including this website/will bury you alive in cookie dough. Second in command/on the long line of mercenaries trying to collect the huge bounty I have placed upon your head is Kyhas/Trampler, a very friendly man/thing that is the man to speak to regarding any matters/will ensure you are hung by your nipples for a day or two above an open fire. After that are a few more staff members/assassins that are probably too awesome/horrifyingly sociopathic for me to mention. Hopefully the information of this community/your impending doom has left you with a positive impression/urinating from fear on how things are here/totally f*cked you are.
Feel free to join us in a game of CSS, TF2 or Borderlands/jump into an activated jet engine sometime soon. I look forward to seeing you online/your horribly mangled corpse.
Yours faithfully/F*ck off you twit

Hawke Solaris

N.B. Please delete as appropriate!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Multi Poster
Multi Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hawke = david hawkins? yeh i knew you too....

not remember me? lol.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Multi Poster
Multi Poster

Anyway i'm getting SQL errors on the server page

Please could you post the IPs on here or add me on steam for them? I'd very much like to play :)
Cheers
Gurd

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Gurd wrote:

not remember me? lol.

Hawke is not David Hawkins. He (Dave) is DHR-107. :)

Gurd wrote:
Anyway i'm getting SQL errors on the server page

Please could you post the IPs on here or add me on steam for them? I'd very much like to play :)
Cheers
Gurd

We have a Minecraft server, to connect to it just join 'www.techious.com' without the quotation marks.

We also have a Mumble server for general voice chat: 85.236.100.59:6987

And finally we have a Team Fortress 2 server: 85.236.101.33:27315

Other games are also played such as Borderlands as Hawke said, although he FAILED to mention Starcraft 2. :P

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Multi Poster
Multi Poster

Aww snap! A good ol' facepalm for the assumption. Sorry Hawke!

I will be on the minecraft server later. However, my gaming lappy met a recent demise, and I have a (GASP) mac mini. TF2 pyro's seem to get it all heated up. Anyone reckon I should be worried about >70C temps? Recommend settings?

I have neither Borderlands nor Starcraft 2, just the basic valve love i'm afraid since support isn't so hot for steam play!

Thinking of getting a pre-made gaming rig (no need for monitor or mouse) - can anyone recommend one for ~£500? I have a Win7 disk :)

I will peruse the mumble guides on here and see you later on :) Cheers met :)

Feel free to shift the post into a more appropriate place...

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Gurd wrote:

not remember me? lol.

David Hawkins is DHR-107 as Metritutus (John Reed) above me pointed out. I'm just a friend of Techious that takes his time to warmly greet/curse into oblivion new people to the community.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Gurd wrote:
Thinking of getting a pre-made gaming rig (no need for monitor or mouse) - can anyone recommend one for ~£500? I have a Win7 disk :)

Make one, will definitely be your cheapest option, especially if you have the OS already.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:49 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Hello there, long time since I've heard you around/your name :P

And yes sorry the servers page is a little in disrepair (I'll need to fix it one day, maybe later today), but heres the key IPs:

Techious Mumble: 85.236.100.59:6987
Techious Minecraft: techious.com
Techious TF2: 85.236.101.33:27315
Techious IRC Channel: #techious on Quakenet

Feel free to spam around the forums or IRC, or come and play a game with us (most of us are open to any other suggestions), and as for LAN, awesome more people :D

Sun May 01, 2011 7:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
/raises eyebrow

Yeah... I do remember you ;) Nice to see you're still around tbh :) What sort of stuff you upto nowadays? Uni and stuff?

Sun May 01, 2011 7:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Edit. Sorry Si I keep forgetting

Hello, my Name is schlurbi and I am an Alcoholic.

Herro, we're definitely not lacking any Activity and the Community is definitely not dead and no one killed it so far. We keep on playing random Games like TF2, Borderlands and Stuff.

Currently most of the People are busy at Uni/other Work. You should totally join our Mumble :d

Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Multi Poster
Multi Poster

Hey guys

Cheers for the replies; sorry I've been bogged down with the last assessments of the term! woop!

Glad your remember me :) I remember all of you! nice to meet you all :)

I will probably invest some time in building a rig in the summer if I can afford it, but I have NO experience whatsoever.

On a weird note, my sister has just text me saying that she knows im planning on seeing you lot at the LAN! I believe that her talking to Si's sis lol!

Tue May 03, 2011 1:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Gurd wrote:
Anyone reckon I should be worried about >70C temps?

Don't worry about it too much, I hit 105C all the time :)

In fact, I burnt my thumb!

> Link to post

Wed May 04, 2011 1:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Also

Mon May 09, 2011 12:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

We need to change that test. Or Wynney's colour, either works :P

Mon May 09, 2011 1:54 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
plz i am best ok?

Mon May 09, 2011 2:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
So Wynney... how long until someone pointed out your plan from the beginning :P

Tue May 10, 2011 9:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I remember it was actually pointed out a while ago, so it can't have been that long after he first got the colour.

Wed May 11, 2011 12:38 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Wasn't actually part of any plan. As the forum was quite dark I thought white would be cool xD

Wed May 11, 2011 8:50 am 
 Profile E-mail