It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Techious LAN'10 Early Discussion

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Ok There seems to be a lot of buzz about this currently so why not talk about it here if not the telent competition which is in thwe other thread :D.

OK Mainly i think some feedback and suggestions would be nice ^_^. Obviously If you went you can say what you thought was good (such as the consoles on offer if computers were full) OR things you thought weren't so good (Spy Taking compromising pictures of a smiling hawke)

Of course leave any suggestions for uproving or adding to this wonderful time :D.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:01 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Techious LAN'10 Early Discussion

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I wonder how many PCs we could fit into that hall.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A lot and you know that doesnt need to be said lol :P you had enough room to room around if you desired. Would be good if more people COULD bring PC's though tbh. And that no one signs out of PC's whilst there, lol chippy ^_^.

The only other thing is that you have your computer working BEFORE you come to LAN. lol

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:31 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Devilbwaha
hehe i was thinking of making such a thread myself.

As someone coming from another country, I would be happy if a date could be set asap people bothered.
1. for making sure im available
2. beeing able to order tickets asap (MUCH cheaper).

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
My biggest suggestion is more time. Having more than 1 day to LAN = WIN.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Don't make it the same exact dates as last year, i.e the 25th because I'm at a wedding then and im NOT going to miss this LAN

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:42 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I agree there and I already pointed it out, though The staff seemed to say that it's hard to afford it as well as arranging it.

That is why I have comed with a suggestion for those who wants to co on a 1week camping after lan party. And quite some people have wanted to come along. But that is totally vulenteer and just for fun for those who wants some more time.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:42 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
well discussion is good, but we really need a date before we can plan anything concrete, which inst likely to come for a while unfortunately.

so why don't we first get a list of names of people who would be interested in attending the lan?

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

sounds like a plan as well. But tbh, names of the lan would again be easier with a date, cause then people would know if they can or not

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

well yes, but its best to use a date that will best suit most people. i.e. people say if there interested or not, then we play around with dates and they say if they can attend or not.

ofcourse its hard to know what you'll be doing on a date so far away. so i'd stick to 'who wants to come' for now which gives a better idea of the scope of the LAN and what else could be planned

Last edited by McWill on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

yeah, i second that.

Would also be nice to know how many would be interesting in camping after as well

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Well we have begun disscussion for now ^_^.

Ok IF it was a saturday here and after schools finish and before too late into august I can see the 24th and the 31st are saturdays in that criteria.

24th is kinda out because dragons wedding is on the 25th xD

So 31st any one?

I'll be open i do not think the LAN itself should be more than the one day, however im sure we can hapilly do stuff before or after LAN etc. My personal feeling is, especially if you do alot of packing/unpacking and helping set it up 1 day is enough, but actually i'm thinking if people get fed up after one day. That day is fun playing events etc......next day? maybe all sat in front of screens playing games, i dunno but to me in my mind the second day would kill it slightly especially if people dont; want to spend 2 days in fornt of a PC straight :P.

Feel free to disagree though thats only my opinion ^_^. i dunno about accomadation this year i'll look into it again but no promises's.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

are you talking about july or august?

and second. Well I dont know about what you like or not. Im used to be gaming at lans for days so I dont mind eighter^^:)

Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
He means July.

I'm inclined to think a single day is possibly better. It's still about 12hours of gaming and stuff, and trying to keep everything in order for two days would be a <FEMALE DOG>. Could quite happily do other things the next day.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:10 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

yeah plus like me mark and si transporting everyone and thing between accomodation and venue is really tiring, sheesh i didn't even charge for petrol o.o lol

Well figurativly speaking the 31st of July for the LAN, people come about 29th ish and we have an extra day hanging out etc 1st of august people go home or something 2nd of august?

Thats a basic idea, you however Ine may decide to follow schlurbis example and come for a week.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

assuming i have my licences by then i can pick up people who live between Newcastle and 'x'

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

ive been thinking for coming for a longer time yeah

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
1 day is fine and dragged on anyway. I was more interested in meeting Matt, Frank etc. than playing any games. Dave as well obviously but he was staying at my house so :>.

Also, Matt remember to bring your keyboard.

Matt, make sure your computer works for offline mode.

Matt, it really should work when you even went to a house with internet connection

Matt, <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> dubstep.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol yeah we cannot STRESS wnough how important it is to get you PC working offline and/or AT ALL :P lol

Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

im kinda.. unable to bring my pc from norway, but i think hawke was generous and had a spare one?

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
doubt it.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Generally speaking, people won't be at their own computers all day, and we have consoles and stuff. This means there is usually a comp to play on.

Last time we had 10-12 working computers and 25 people, along with 1 or 2 consoles running at once and other things (poker, talking, food).

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:34 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

yeah but of course more the merrier, and we understand Ine :P

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

but i must say.. I LOVE poker! bring it on! texas hold'em i hope!!

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Most people don't know any other ><

Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:09 pm