It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Techious Talent Competition 2010

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Okay Gentlemen (and ladies of course), this is the Techious Talent Competition. Lets cover the rules first:

RULES
  • Anyone can take part unless the Staff have banned you from this website.
  • Any talent can take part- musical skill, TF2 frags, CSS bunnyhopping round, artistic design (Photoshop), film editing. ANYTHING.
  • Proof must be presented with your entry to prevent cheating. Cheating will have you excluded competition.
  • Staff may also enter the competition if they wish to.

Okay, that's the rules- breaking any rule counts as a cheat and you will not be permitted to enter the competition.

THE PRIZE
The prize is the title of "Most Talented Member 2010" in the annual Techious awards, 1 month free Gold Member status and free entry to the LAN2010. No prizes are given to second or third so you must do your best to win!

ENTRY CONDITIONS
  • All work must be original. Images are permitted to be taken and manipulated in photoshop however if submitting an artistic design as we don't expect you to paint everything by hand.
  • The closing date to submit work is 1st July 2010.
  • You can submit as much as you wish- the one you are most proud of (inform the judges of this) is the one to be judged. Should you fail to inform, the latest one is the one that will be judged.
  • You are permitted to start working on your piece at any time. You MUST submit your work before the deadline to have it looked over and judged.
  • Submission is allowed after 31st December.
  • Submission must be privately sent to the judges: Hawke, Ine, Si and Skillers. This is to prevent thy opponents from knowing your work and making something better. You are allowed to show your work on this topic should you really wish however.
  • Bribery most of the judges will get you nowhere- bribing Skillers with fellatio however may earn you a few more points as Skillers will then "have a word with his fellow judges" to turn the tables in your favour.

JUDGING
The judges are Hawke, Ine, Si and Skillers. No-one else. They will mark your work out of 10 individually. A mean mark will be calculated and the highest mark wins.

That's it people. Please take part if you have any talent or hobby at all- you may well win! This is an awesome chance for you to show people another talent you have besides gaming and to win an award which you can gloat about ;)

Credits:
Ine & McWil- the concept
Skillers- for allowing this to go ahead
Si- for helping us out

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by Hawke on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Techious Talent Competition 2010

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Devilbwaha
Please contact any of the judges mentioned above if you have any questions, problems or anything you need to know:)
I wish you all good luck and hope to see as many as possible participate. I'm looking forward to see what you all can come up with!!

Best Regards INE

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ine wrote:
Please contact any of the judges mentioned above if you have any questions, problems or anything you need to know:)

The judge names are URLs. Click on them and you will be directed to the PM system with it ready to send to that particular judge.

Regards :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I applied some glue.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:14 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I like! Great stuff. :D

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: djenkins2840
Sounds interesting but I am to lazy to do something to submit xD

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

well that's up to you! But old work you've done is also allowed to be submitted.
Please note that if you chose to use an old piece of work you got, please be sure to have
Proof that it is your work presented with your entry to prevent cheating.

EDIT:

If you have any questions about how you can prove it's your piece ask us how, and we'll tell you:)

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Right just an update to let people know things as they occur.

Judges can also take part in this competition, but they cannot judge their own work. This means all can enter and submit their work and the competition is fair even for the judges.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Bet I can get punched more than anyone else, that's a talent right?

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
What happens if i do a joint talent. Say, me and wolf work on some overly gay train network on open TTD that would looks like it said merry Christmas and be red ans people would clap and then there'd by helicopters to fly around

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Nannal wrote:
Bet I can get punched more than anyone else, that's a talent right?

Anything is permitted so yes ><

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

De4dCh1ck3n wrote:
What happens if i do a joint talent. Say, me and wolf work on some overly gay train network on open TTD that would looks like it said merry Christmas and be red ans people would clap and then there'd by helicopters to fly around

It will count as an entry for you and all the people who took part. Should you win with it, all of you share the prize.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
asin 1 month each (3 of us) or all get 3 moths?

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

De4dCh1ck3n wrote:
asin 1 month each (3 of us) or all get 3 months?

You each will have to get 1 month of Gold Member and the LAN entry fee will be 33% cheaper. The title will be shared amongst you however as "Most Talented Members".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

yes, you can participate as a group, but however then the prize will be shared equal between the members

Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Could I do a collage of me and every girl I've ever...encountered...that's talent, surely?

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

DRAGON wrote:
Could I do a collage of me and every girl I've ever...encountered...that's talent, surely?

Videos would be preferred.

You know what of.

Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:52 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

hahaha:) skillers see his juding part an advantage atm I assume;)

Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
MEEESTERRRR SLEEPY FINGAZ

Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
pics or it didn't happen

Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

:weebl:

Last edited by Harry on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:19 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

ofc!

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:20 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

WTF, Weebl is a talent?

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:20 am 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

whats a weebl?

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
DRAGON wrote:

I don't want to know what they would think of that if they saw them selves in photos in a collage about you!

Sorry harry, but DHR and I are best weebl's IIRC from butlins xD Whole week!

Also i dunno about the free entry thing :/ We'll see if we get same venue price, i'd have thought we won't have much if anything left over if theres too much different from last year. ^_^

Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:56 am 
 Profile E-mail