It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: Send me money

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Me and my colleague have discovered a brilliant way for me to make some money!
Basically, I could get made redundant and get a redundancy payout, then go on the dole, and play EverQuest 2 non-stop while farming plat and selling it for real money. It can't really get much better!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I doubt that would be a particularly good payout.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: BartmanTaz
Also your not nearly as hard core as the chinese.

Voted for and funded by Scottie UK Ltd.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Those Mandarin Chinese are HARDCORE.

They are a big problem in EverQuest 2 apparently, although I have never come across any suspicious farmers. I could probably be mistaken for a farmer, except I man my account from one PC, one person at a time, and harvest for maybe 2 or 3 hours at a time, not 24.

Anyway, there is a very good article on EQ2Flames.com on how to spot farmers and how to talk to them. Both are good reads and quite funny!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: BartmanTaz
Lol I thought the people who played everquest were just a little bit lame. But when it comes to plat farming they are just silly, hurling insults at people who play the game for money? Not only is everyone of those players jealous/annoyed at the fact they don't get paid for the waste of their time tehy resent the people who do.

lols

Mind I will likely be the same when the old republic comes out.

Voted for and funded by Scottie UK Ltd.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I've never come across anybody abusing the systems though, and don't dislike the people that do. Fair play to them to be honest.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Farming is probably against eh game rules and it also has a habit of breaking game economies, driving all the prices up so the people that don't buy in game currency have to grind more.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:10 am 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

In EQ2 there is no grind.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:11 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: djenkins2840
Do not beleive farming is against everquest rules unless they have reason to beleive you are selling all of your plat that you make. If no plat were to ever leave your bank for anything but buying items in game then I am sure they would allow it to go ahead. As long as your in personal control of one character you are using.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ah, yeah, should have been clear, I was talking about farming in the context of selling. Just using it is ofcourse, fine ><

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:02 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: djenkins2840
Yeah I am not entirely sure. But I believe it is okay to bot your own character under your own supervision.

Though would require reading through the rules big time which blatantly no one ever does anyway xD

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail