It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: TechRadious!

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
No wai, nannal is all mine bwahahaha lolz.

Also, i hate you reb, damn your avatar, i've been trying to get that announcement out of my head for the last few hours, now im gonna have issues falling asleep <_<

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

How about we rotate then, I didn't realise I was in such high demand.

and I'm worried about detracting from the lolgasm, they generally handle server news + announcements.

Failing that, we can pre-record it and then broadcast it later (much like a 'gasm)

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Yea I think that's a bad idea as it will become too much alike the gasm itself.

Keep it to a subject that can be talked about briefly on almost a weekly basis and I'm sure we will get a good thing going!

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Yeah I personally don't want this become too much like the 'gasm. Especially being that I use techradious to distrubute new episodes.
In other news, if you can assure enough content we might be able to change 'gasm to fortnightly, if people want to put stuff there.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Honestly, I think it wouldn't overlap with the 'gasm. Generally (well, IMO), Lolgasm is considered a separate entity that happens to be made by members of Techious, so you get some stuff from here (most notably mentions of the LAN and various members). However, in the most part, Lolgasm is generally a discussion show covering gaming and the like.

Techious News or whatever would probably be a more TCHS central thing, it wouldn't really overlap. However, considering there isn't really that much to actually say ABOUT us on a regular basis, it would probably need to cover more areas, of which gaming news and discussion would be a likely avenue, hence causing a crossover.

I certainly don't think we should stifle the possibility of a community run radio show just because Lolgasm exists, as it could certainly be a fun and interesting venture for many people to take part in, and could result in some interesting possibilities, such as finding people who have a talent for this kind of thing and the like. It's also worth noting that it would be far more flexible than Lolgasm, with a presumably open invitation to join in among other things, being a 100% community driven and created project.

I also don't think it would end up competing with Lolgasm, as they would be suitably different and people would probably listen to both anyway.

Personally, I would say try and getting it working first, then think of ways of making it unique and interesting.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:50 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!

Si will have to show me how to set everything up so that multiple people can present.

the problem with having just one person is that firstly just talking with no real response can often be quite daunting, secondly there would be very little humour, one person can only do so much, with a pair you get not only the terrible joke, but also the response and finally to be a saviour if the first person doesn't make something clear or if they crack up and just start laughing

my point i this, look at some of the popular web vid-casty type shows currently running, diggnation (Alex Albrecht and Kevin Rose) system (David Calkins and Patrick Norton) tekzilla (2 hosts) hak5 (3 hosts) TRS (3 hosts)

my point is, single host shows suck ass.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
The Ricky Gervais Show (3 hosts)

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:52 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: rebellion935
I wouldnt mind taking part in a community run thing. As Skillers said most people who already listen to lolgasm and Techradious are likely to listen to both anyway.

Quote:
I'd be happy to present as long as someone helped out with the script

I have an idea for co presenters but i dunno if it will work

I wouldnt mind helping out with a script but it might be better for us to have more of a guideline compared to a script. I have never really liked reading from a script as a lot of people tend to just go very monotone when reading it out.

Quote:
I find that rather insulting Reb.

Im sorry Hawke but mention TF2 balance and you talk for hours on end :P I didnt mean it in an insulting way.

Quote:
Also, i hate you reb, damn your avatar, i've been trying to get that announcement out of my head for the last few hours, now im gonna have issues falling asleep

mwuahahah. Golden Sun DS for the win.

Quote:
In other news, if you can assure enough content we might be able to change 'gasm to fortnightly, if people want to put stuff there.

Well if as Gozzer said we were talking about TF2 there are tons of things we could talk about.

For starters we have 9 classes to talk about, this can lead to talks about balance in relation to other classes, balance in maps, the classes own unlockable weapon balance with the classes standard weapons. We can talk about how to play the class effectively, bringing in someone from the community who plays the class alot to offer their opinions. We can also have a general section talking about standard hints and tips that applies for all classes.

We have the various different maps to talk about. We can talk about the different game modes. Strategies for the different maps. We can discuss any community maps and say for example the TCHS gets a new custom map on the server we can play it then just voice our opinion on the show.

We can talk about various things that have happened in game, any funny experiences or wtf moments. We can discuss what people outside of the community think of TF2 especially the steam forums. As Gozzer said about professional leagues we can always discuss them and the latest happenings with them.

As long as its all spaced out enough Im sure we will have plenty of stuff to talk about just on Team fortress 2.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:42 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Well it wouldn't be a strict script, kinda like the schedule for the radio

last night dragon started at about 7 and then finished at around midnight which is kick ass because it means we are broadcasting nearly 24 hours a week

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Reb wrote:
Im sorry Hawke but mention TF2 balance and you talk for hours on end :P I didnt mean it in an insulting way.

I found it insulting that you thought I could only talk about it for a day. I can talk about TF2 much longer than that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
:O i cant even spell it

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Nannal wrote:

last night dragon started at about 7 and then finished at around midnight which is kick ass because it means we are broadcasting nearly 24 hours a week

I really enjoyed doing that actually, not sure why. :D

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Scripts are BAD, general schedules are cool. Improvising about a game you've been following or something that you know what happened is easy, if you don't know stuff about what you're talking about, you really shouldn't be talking about it in the first place...

Damn that's a lot of abouts :P

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I count 3, 4 including the last one :P

But yeah, scripts aren't necessary. A guideline for what to talk about or points to remember is good.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:41 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I'm thinking about having my thursday slot as just requests, so if anyone has a song they want played, send it and I'll try and play whatever I'm asked to

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Skillers wrote:
I count 3, 4 including the last one :P

But yeah, scripts aren't necessary. A guideline for what to talk about or points to remember is good.

well its sorta what i meant, but even if we had scripts, I cant imagine anyone sticking to them

Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
It doesn't work. Trust the gasm team1

1: Lolgasm Episode 0: What's in a Lul? Bloopers

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Anyway if SIomone shoes me how to set up my pc to throw outbound sound through the mic while still accepting inbound sounds then we can get this going

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Location: Forgive me if i bunk out on you. My Dad pulls the plug on the PC.
Steam Login Name: tchs_scout
ZOOIIIDEEBEERGGGGGG

BWAHH BWAH BWAHHHH

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:33 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Remember to tune in in one hour!

Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

GET ON DA RADIO PEOPLE

Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I'M THERE!

Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:18 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Well this weeks theme will be... Video Game music! So shoot me some goddamn suggestions <_<.
Remember to tune in at 6!

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:38 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Valve games. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Dawn of War series. Far Cry. Crysis.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:54 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

LOZ, Pokemon and F zero X

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:35 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next