It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Techious GOTY 2008

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Si wrote:
Fine add Wolf's categories to the list:

Best graphics - Race Driver GRID
Best artistic graphics - Soul Calibur 4
Best music - Command And Conquer: Red Alert 3
Best voice acting - N/A
Funniest game - Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Best character(s) - Galen Marek (Star Wars: Force Unleashed)

:)

LUL added mine xD

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
6. Best casual/party game: Guitar Hero: World Tour
8. Best MMO of the year: WoW: WotLK, duh.
10. Best 360 game of the year: Gears of war 2
11. Best Wii game of the year: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
12. Best PS3 game of the year: Little Big Planet
13. Best PC game of the year:
14. Biggest overhyped POS of the year: GTA IV
18. Worst Wii game of the year: Wii Music
21. GAME OF THE YEAR: Guitar Hero: World Tour/Rock Band
23. Deal of the century: Orange Box for 10€
24. Best game of all time, ever: Golden Sun & The lost Age
25. Cash cow of the year: EA, by a billion miles.
Best graphics - Crysis Warhead
Best music - Rock Band 2(slightly edges guitar hero due to MASSIVE downloadable content library)
Funniest game - Wii Music, i tried hard not to laugh at the pathetic demo in the store...

@Hawke, TF2 came out in 07, so it can't go under "best x game of the YEAR"

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: De4dW0lf
I've just remembered i haven't even posted for my own categories :doh:

Best graphics: Far Cry 2
Best artistic graphics: RA3
Best music: RA3
Best voice acting: RA3
Funniest game: RA3 (some of the things the units say are classic, especially in their thick, OTT, Russian accents)
Best character(s): L4D survivors (especially Louis)

Hell this post makes me sound like a RA fanboy... ^^'

(im almost as bad as DHR :lol: :P )

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
MGS4

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I'll start my post now, subject to edits at a later date;

1. Best FPS of the year - L4D
  2. Best adventure game of the year
  3. Best RTS of the year - RA3
  4. Best Racing game of the year - FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
  5. Best sport game of the year
  6. Best casual/party game
  7. Best RPG of the year - Fallout 3 (from what I hear)
  8. Best MMO of the year
  9. Best alternative game (stuff that dont fit into the other categories above) - Audiosurf
  10. Best 360 game of the year (BAH)
  11. Best Wii game of the year
  12. Best PS3 game of the year (BAH)
  13. Best PC game of the year - L4D
  14. Biggest overhyped POS of the year
  15. Best gaming innovation of the year (stuff that isnt the game itself, but stuff behind it that makes our gaming better) - AI Director, L4D
  16. Biggest flop of the year (in your opinion) - Spore (DRM)
  17. Worst 360 game of the year (BAH)
  18. Worst Wii game of the year
  19. Worst PS3 game of the year (BAH)
  20. Worst PC game of the year - Too many to chose from :P
  21. GAME OF THE YEAR - L4D
  22. Best "communal game" played by everyone this year (what game does everyone play together) - TF2
  23. Deal of the century - Orange Box
  24. Best game of all time, ever
  25. Cash cow of the year - Sims, duh
  26. Best graphics - X3 Terran Conflict
  27. Best artistic graphics - Audiosurf
  28. Best music - RA3. It has Hell March, enough said.
  29. Best voice acting - Mass Effect
  30. Funniest game
  31. Best character(s) - Someone in Mass Effect, can't remember :P

Subject to change.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:07 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
well? Or was this forgotten?

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I don't think this has a closing date, I need to update mine aswell ^^

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:30 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
Skillers wrote:
I don't think this has a closing date

Neither did I, just assumed there would be some form of update after the year had ended :P

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: millbob
ps3 game of the year cod4 still

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: pankowski
agreed ^^
and dont we do one of these for people normall aslwell lol?
like the angryest person ect ect?

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:55 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Well do that after
Nominations close today and I will sum up stuff and declare the winRARs

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
when are the clan nominations :P ^^

Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Clan nominations?

lol Ill win rager of the year ^^

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Now, I can finally announce the winners of all the Techious GOTY 2008 Categories. Apologies I thought I had posted this earlier, but obviously not.

1. Best FPS of the year: Now, TF2 got voted for alot, but no sorry, thats a 2007 game, so the winner in this category goes to... Left 4 Dead for having all the valid FPS votes
  2. Best adventure game of the year: We have a three way tie here (we have alot), now I can't pass judgement on these for myself... so the winner will be them all... Far Cry 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Secret Agent Clank
  3. Best RTS of the year: Was there any doubt here... it goes to Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
  4. Best Racing game of the year: Well, for this category we should have over to DHR, our racing expert for this one, but his vote didn't win... it goes to TrackMania Forever
  5. Best sport game of the year: On the sheet of valid votes, we only have one cast, so it better go to Beijing 2008
  6. Best casual/party game: Of special note here goes to World of Goo, which certainly is a good game, and passes time at Uni, but it didnt win. The best casual game of 2008 goes to AudioSurf. Was there any doubt? We have a competition about it too now duh
  7. Best RPG of the year: There were two main contenders for this category, but it seems Fable 2 was pipped to the post by Fallout 3
  8. Best MMO of the year: Again, only two valid posts here, so it goes to both Warhammer Online and World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
  9. Best alternative game (stuff that dont fit into the other categories above): Of note here is Audiosurf, which is obviously such a serious game it drops out of the casual category (wtf) but funnily, with no second votes for anything it goes for everything, that is Mirrors Edge, Wii Fit, Soul Calibur 4, Professor Layton and the Curious Village and Audiosurf Maybe a 2009 music category?
  10. Best 360 game of the year: FPSes stay not at just pcs, because this goes to Gears of War 2
  11. Best Wii game of the year: Mario Kart Wii came close in this category, but after DHR raged it to being a POS, we get our winner, Super Smash Brothers Brawl
  12. Best PS3 game of the year: Some may debate that MGS4 should have won this, but nope, sorry. It in fact goes to Little Big Planet
  13. Best PC game of the year: Again, some for TF2 here, excuse me but do you not see a difference between a 7 and an 8 at the end of a year!?!?! Anyway, it goes to Valve (no suprise) for Left 4 Dead
  14. Biggest overhyped POS of the year: It appears that overhyped won here, because without a doubt Spore won this award. Shame, it had so much potential, and was just fail in the end
  15. Best gaming innovation of the year (stuff that isnt the game itself, but stuff behind it that makes our gaming better): BUILD_UP -> SUSTAIN_PEAK its the Left 4 Dead Director and it wants you dead
  16. Biggest flop of the year (in your opinion): Two way tie here, it looked like the NXE was going to win this hands down, but something came in last minute to share the shame. So the flops this year are The New Xbox Experience and in its continuous shame, Spore
  17. Worst 360 game of the year: Two way tie (of two votes), so the winners here are Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise along with Call of Duty: World at War
  18. Worst Wii game of the year: It seems, we have a 5 way tie... can nobody flipping agree on anything round here!??!?! I guess we give it to them all, so come on down Guiness World Records, Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Music, Samda De Amigo
  19. Worst PS3 game of the year: One of these votes are shared with the 360, so I guess it must be a REALLY bad game, but anyway the winners for the lets make the PS3 suck are... Hail to the Chimp, Call of Duty: World at War, Legendary
  20. Worst PC game of the year: As pointed out by Skillers, too many to choose from. It appears a quick and dirty port from a movie ripoff game is what we get alot, as well as bad sequels, but from the two votes from people who actually said games it goes to Euro Truck Simulator, My Horse and Me. You know what, they sound like they suck too, so good voting ^^ and as a note, DONT GIVE US ALL THAT CRUD
  21. GAME OF THE YEAR: Ah yes, the most important award, and as per on a year when Valve releases something, it goes to them for their fantastic work with Left 4 Dead Just don't forget the slogan ;) Its the zombie apocalype. Bring Friends. Presumably to ignore the non-existant "DO NOT FEED THE ZOMBIES" sign
  22. Best "communal game" played by everyone this year (what game does everyone play together): Fine Hawke, if you keep voting we'll give you one for TF2. But yeah, this one without a doubt goes to Team Fortress 2 Maybe there might be more competition next year with L4D, Hidden, and other sourcemods being played ;)
  23. Deal of the century: To my suprise, the half life "98 cent deal" celebrating 10 years of half life didn't get this award. Maybe it's too old for you all, maybe you already owned it, but anyway The Orange Box gets this one
  24. Best game of all time, ever: Always was gonna be a tough one to guess a winner, we have years and years of games to choose from, Sonic the Hedgehog, the original Super Mario Bros. up to anything, but yes, again due to mr "i only ever played tf2", Team Fortress 2 wins the award.
  25. Cash cow of the year: Well, when creating this category, it was obvious what was going to win, The Sims 2. But then, it seemed that wider results were coming in, so the Cash cow of the year goes to not just The Sims 2 but also to EA in general, for wanting to bleed us dry. We're having a bit of a tough time with money eh? Give us a break this year ffs.

And now onto DeadWolf's categories:
  26. Best Graphics: Not neccessarily the most important part of a game, but certainly the first bit you see. This magically goes to Race Driver GRID for its rather decent graphics
  27. Best Artist Graphics: Not sure what this category particularly means, but we asked, you voted and you chose in your dribs and draps to choose AudioSurf for all the nicely done blocks I suppose?[/b]
  28. Best Music: [i]I would have thought that Rock Band or a Guitar Hero game would have won this, but it seems Hell March rules here as Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 wins this award.
  29. Best Voice Acting: Really there was only one competitor to this (so you think). Personally, I didn't think there was any decent, but you all chose Mass Effect so I guess its the winner
  30. Funniest Game: Always a touchy topic, after all if you are having fun is of great personal choice. From the... 1,2,3,4,5 yes 5 votes it appears that with a landslide 2 votes, Wii Music wins the funniest game. Possibly because its fun to make yourself look like a tit, but thats what won anyway.
  31. Best Character: The final gaming category... best character. What dipicts a great character? One you can sympathise with, or just enjoy blowing the sh*t out of 24/7. But, from all your eliteness, you chose Louis from Left 4 Dead to be the best character. What, because he always dies first?!?! Tbh I'm suprised you didn't choose Zoey but hey, thats the winner

This has been the 2008 Techious Games of the Year. We hope this has been a fun experience. May there be alot of good games in 2009, and nto games like the suckiest ones of 2008, for which the developers should just curl behind a rock and hide from Mets banhammer ;)

And now for the Clan and Community Awards...

You have until the end of the month to vote, and I'll try and post the results quicker this time :P Note that all of these are for the community so you can vote outside of Techious and into ITCHY, but don't be too insulting :)

1. Best Community Member
  2. Most Calm Community Member
  3. Most Annoying Community Member (be nice!)
  4. R--R---Rageer of the Year
  5. Most Elitest Fag
  6. FPS King
  7. Racing King
  8. RPG King
  9. Casual Game King
  10. Spies Sapping My Rates (most excusing)
  11. Rich git
  12. El Tramp (opposite of Rich Git)
  13. Soooo Laid back I broke my back O.o
  14. Uptight arse
  15. Best Staff Member
  16. I'll Banz0rz you
  17. Attention Seeker
  18. I'm in the background
  19. In love with SourceTV
  20. Most wanting to be in a video game
  21. Best Techious new feature
  22. Radio Star (micspammer)

In reaction to Gozzer's question... yes you should PM me your nominations as it might offend some people if they see them

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:32 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Wouldn't it be sensible for it to be compulsory to PM you our individual choices for the community votes.

That way:
There wont be any arguments about certain people voting other certain people
Nobody will be able to tell who is winning

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:47 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

What's the Radio Star one for, mic spam?

I also agree with Gozzer.

Very nice compilation of the results, though, shame we didn't get so many this year.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:17 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I don't see a problem with posting in the thread, it's only a joke anyway!

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Updated. Yes Radiostar is micspam, and yes pm me

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Are we allowed to nominate ourselves ^^

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

If you want

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
what is Goty? i only read it was end of 2008....nobody told me something

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

game of the year

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
Si wrote:
game of the year

ah i see now. well cash cow was EA Games. for sure

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Very nicely presented Si ;) Some error's in code in the post :P

It's a shame there were so few voters... kinda made some of the games almost get both the best and worst awards :S

PMing my Clan nominees :D

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

FYI: I am not opening any of these PMs until closing day, so dont direct questions there

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next