It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: What does a geek do when he is bored?

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
Go study for a german exam? WRONG

Watch this video on Youtube.

He spends 40 minutes making this!(HD might not be up yet, give it a while)

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: What does a geek do when he is bored?

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Ryan, you do realise Oggy made that?

It's quite a nice video, though I do see some repeated clips and it's quite dark at the beginning. I'm taking it that it was a test of your editing and not a proper frag video.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:11 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Durr, check the title ><

P.S What did Ryan say? Don't worry, i wont rage at him.

About the brightness, it wasn't this dark when i was running the preview in Sony Vegas, so the encoding must have done that, at least i know for next time.

Last edited by Ogris on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: millbob
oo i thought he found it somewhere sorry oggy

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hmm, I tried to delete the post, it wouldn't delete and now it's gone after I responded to it? WTF?

He just said "lol, what a saddo".

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:18 pm 

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: De4dW0lf
Holy crap lol, you're really good...

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: djenkins2840
Good video and nice aim. But personally just cant see very much ownage when people awp =[

Would like to see more of your deagle pwning xD

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Azraeleus wrote:
Good video and nice aim. But personally just cant see very much ownage when people awp =[

Would like to see more of your deagle pwning xD

I'll give you 1,000 pounds when you pull this off in a 5v5.

The chances are very slim, as you are not an AWP-er, unlike me who has been one for two years, meaning i have a load more practice with it.
AWP arguably takes more skill than your bog standard M4, especially considering that if you miss once, you are royally screwed.(K enough m4 bashing, still takes a lot of skill >< )

I also have a clip where i have 2 one deags, with the second being a 180 straight into the other guys FACE. But you're gonna have to wait till I'm done with my movie for that.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
As Skillers said and you explained, way too dark.

It seems a bit choppy in certain places but that's more than likely YouTubes fault, although what kind of framerate did you record at? I would recommend recording anything at a very high framerate at normal game speed and then slowing it down using video editing software. If you slow the demo down using playback commands the result is pretty choppy. Some parts were synched nicely with the music, perhaps could of been better, i.e changing the speed of certain parts of the clip so everything fits in.

Was a nice 5 man, kinda obvious it was but it would have been nice if you kept the clip rolling (Sped it up inbetween the gap of 3rd - 4th kill) to show it off in full glory :)

Any chance you could let me have that demo? I'm getting into video making/editing and it would be a great resource for messing around in CS:S

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Lal, recorded at 120 FPS, been editing for over 2 years :P. Yeah i was 40 minutes in and couldn't be <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> anymore, i just decided to encode it and call it quits

ANNNYYWAAAY:
Knock yourself out

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
lol nice video Ogris.
AWP takes no skill tbh, only 1 shot kill, yes I'm a noob etc but who give a flying f*** I just hate awps and awpers and everything to do with people killing me in one shot...
note this is not actually my opinion but a quote on what someone said to me when I killed him with awp- he started raging and admins told him to shut up- he typed that ;)
Can't wait for your frag movie Oggy :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
everyone knows css is cs 1.6 for people who can't aim. duh.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Meh, CSS is a game to get constantly raped on tbh :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

meh, we made a team quit in 10 rounds on css today =]

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Quote:
AWP takes no skill tbh

I think we made a conclusion it takes more skill than you think when you tried to do something about it with your scout :P

In either case, it DOES take no skill but under one condition, when people run in a straight line. Oh snap, i described 90% of the pub servers. Fact is, most awpers don't need to be too skilled to get kills due to everyone running into their shots, that is why people call it a no skill weapon, and when a GOOD AWP-er shows up, he is instantly a noob.

In either case, AWPing takes a LOAD of skill, ask anyone how important AWP's are in clan matches, a team of 5 great riffles is going to get demolished vs a team of 3 good riffles, and 2 great AWPs, they are a game changer, that is why they cost a lot, whereas you can buy an M4 every round, an AWP takes 2 rounds to get at the least, unless you 5-man a team with your pistol(which; face it, doesn't happen often.)

And remember, one miss from an AWP means easy death. Unless you don't have enough of a brain to nade the shit out of him while he is re-cocking his AWP, lets not mention the fact that he is very susceptible to flashes, and a smoke grenade limits his FOV. Ofcourse a good AWP-er can see half way through smoke, but since all awpers are no skill noobs, you wont be seeing that much wont you :). Next time try 5 smokes mid Double doors on D2 and rush short catwalk, I'll be glad to give you some ownage through the smoke.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Ok, i'll see how I manage D:

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, I think Hawke needed some quote marks around that :P

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:26 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

I made a 5 man AWP when my team was 3v5 after oggys amazing internet timed out :P....along with someone elses.... -.-

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

No my amazing electricity decided to time out

COUGH BLACKOUT COUGH.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

amazing internet would have lived on!

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

It did.

Just my modem didn't.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i will have to believe you for now! ^^

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Oggy it was a quote, not my personal opinion! :(
AWP takes skill. All my kills are easy as they stand still but if they start moving around (call me a noob if you like) I can't hit them much to save my life unless they walk into my crosshairs.
I prefer the AWP over the Scout more as if I hit the body, I am rewarded with huge damage which will kill or leave a lovely target for a USP/Glock to finish with ease. More rewarding than them half dead or not dead at all when the scout completely misses the target... :(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:12 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Oh, yeah you could have used some quotation marks :P

Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:17 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Or you could have read my post properly :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:07 am 
 Profile E-mail