It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What's better
Poll ended at Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 pm
TF2 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
CSS 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
Equal 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post Post subject: Re: Is TF2 better than CSS?

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Well... good point bro... I'll have a think about how to respond with wit to that one, or wait for Skillers to respond...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I'm sorry, I don't like creeping around everywhere and waiting for the enemy, its just as boring as being dead.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:34 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

There ya go! Skillers strikes and burns again ;)
That's the one thing I hate about CSS: too much creeping around and waiting for the inevitable "Bomb has been planted" message. TF2 you run around having fun and laughing at the characters taunting each other and sighing at being killed, only to respawn a few seconds later... whereas you groan and get bored quickly when you get killed in CSS :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
"Bomb has been planted"
SH*t... this is a hostage map!??!?!

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
hahahahahaha oh yes, to be good, "you creep around" or "camp". haha. i think u ll find we have no campers in this clan, and even fewer who just creep around everywhere. in fact, i cant think of any. RUSH FTW.

your argument is based on u tactically cannot be bothered to play, well good luck with tht, it doesnt make the game worse. tf2 is not better because u can run around doing doss all, *yada yada*. you lot saying css is too tactical based when there are about 5 different threads on tf2 TACTICS, ooh this is what to do with sentry, but oh no wait, the knockback, damn, lets think of 20 different sentry positions and say how we'd deal with it, " id go pyro and burn" ...."no id go spy and sap" etc etc.

you dnt have to creep around to be good at css, try speccing a good player and see how much creeping there really is.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

There is just more action and fun in TF2 :)
Also, you need tactics in TF2 as well, you don't just run around and hope to win because if you do that, you will be killed again and again...
The tactics are easy to follow as well- SENTRY UP THERE! (Soldier or Demoman blows it up or Spy saps it then a Pyro rushes in and burns everything in his path) or UBERCHARGE COMING! (Soldiers/Demomen hit the Medic's feet on front of him and then kills the patient sue to the ubercharge being lost because they just sent the Medic flying) or CHARGE ME NOW DOCTOR :) (Medic charges him and they rush and kill everything in site <3 uber-Pyros :))

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

So you mean you walking to a bomb that has been planted and then retreating to go another way because you got shot, all the time walking, ISN'T creeping? (Oh, and completely failing to get anywhere near the bomb in time to defuse)

The fact is, in CSS you get punished for being overly agressive, by getting killed and not being able to play for the next two minutes. It has nothing to do with tactics, it's simply the fact there aren't respawns, so an aggressive player will spend a lot of time dead.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:56 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Whereas the aggressive player on TF2 gets rewarded with kills and even if he does eventually get taken down, he is back up again in about 10 secs... depending on the server...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The longest is about 20seconds, with 10 seconds being average. I generally play custom servers with half times, but instant respawn servers suck (stalemate too much).

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:02 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Stalemate... really annoying... funny the first time it happened but then it gets annoying, I love sawing them up/burning them down when we win :) and laugh when I lose and get killed- I always taunt them before they kill me but sometimes I survive by hiding ^^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Sudden Death is fun (especially melee), but a stalemate happens on a custom map where the timers are broken, so it never goes to sudden death.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:09 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Aaaah the good old sudden death ^^... nothing like a good old bonesaw fight, except when the Scouts come :( hate those arrogant schweinhunds...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Steam Login Name: CrimsonNinja25
This is my first post but i feel i have to put it here for one reason... CSS ROCKS HARDER THAN TF2 Anyday :D I honestly cannot stand tf2 it just bugs me. Rofl Kthx

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:02 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

lol and welcome to crimson storm, who clearly has some common sense :D

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Thank you Wynney :D

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:09 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

ive been fighting a lone battle in support for css a long time now :(

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:11 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mikefong
WELCOME CRIMSON!!! TIS DAVE!!! DR DAVE =]

How doo =] and welcome to the forum. Try get lefty on this forum as well ^^

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:06 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Lol i just gave him the link :O (Spooky) Rofl. Welcome to my madness mwahahahahahah lol

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:42 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Hi there!

Dammit, need more TF2 lovers!

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:17 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

not really, u have 2 people openly admitting to wanting to have sex with it :| disturbed basterds

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

OK, we've filled our quota of lovers.

need more TF2 likers!

Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:49 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

This is rather embarrassing... TF2 ftw!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well we are, inherently, a CSS clan, lol.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:13 pm 

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

WOOOOO Css PWNAGE!!!!!!!!! Woot

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

BLASPHEMY!

Just kidding!

Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:50 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next