It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: funwar TCHS vs The Randoms CSS

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: pankowski
hi all.
well basically a couple of my friends have decided to chalange us in a war on css.

players: it will be a 6 vs 6,
4 of them i know, 2 of them are clan mates, if they dont turn up they got backup
We will need to arrange a team aswell (well duh ;) )

Maps: their choice is: de_dust2
Our map choice is de_contra.

Date/time: ~~~14th June~~~? or 21st june
game will need to start at about: 8pm GMT (but arrive 20 minutes before :)
Server: TCHS server, full warmod, first round knife hopefully.

this war is nothing serious, just a funwar so dont worry too much about it :)

as TCHS we need a team of 6 and 1 or 2 for backup.
hope everyones all good. please post and tell me what dates everyone prefers.
thanks PANK
PS: HOPE U LIKE THE COLORS ;)

~~~~~ MESSAGE EDITED ~~AGAIN~~, PLAYERS AND DATE ~~~~~~~

Last edited by Pankowski on Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: funwar TCHS vs The Randoms CSS

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Sounds like a good idea.

The colours, they burn my eyes!

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:38 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: wigouche
lol il play if i feel like it lol but only if i feel like it dnt matter 2 me when it is lol
n mmmmm not bad map choice i ges lol

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:13 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I'd like to be backup for 14th and 21st June. I should be at my girlfriend's so I'll be getting a half decent FPS.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mikefong
14th sounds good =] lol we own =]

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
i will be available. i suggest we play the actual war team so we work on communications as a team.

pank talk to me next time ur online bout it.

war server set up.

proposed team: Myself, Hellfire, Pank, Nova, Mc Will

Any reserves are welcome but i would like wars to be played by our war team to get some practise in.

Oh and people are welcome on source tv

EDIT: 2nd map will be de_contra if we can....

also, XAC doesnt have to be running i assume

and could all the team be on teamspeak.

PANK TALK TO ME WHEN U READ THIS!

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:53 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
I'm available on the 14th as I said to pank when he mentioned it last night to me.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:01 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

nooooo just cause i dnt wna run tht program i cnt be in fun wars ether thts gay lol well ac its not just cause i dnt wna run the program lol its also cause im not a dependable person 2 be around at the right time realy lol but still theres 2 many peeps tht mite wna play the od war 2 say every single war we get our torniment team must play cause they need practice if you need practic av practic secions where u lot go on the same team in normal play time well when were on normal maps not the new tchs breed 1ns lol though its up tya as u r incharge lol

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:10 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

read the post correctly, i said XAC doesnt have to be running presumably.

we do have times together when we play together, but when this happens people complain about unfair teams, etc. then we get these stupid glass maps on at prime time from 8pm onwards it seems.....and we rarely even play war maps as ppl complain then and we end up on italy (wtf?) or office (i cant think of any worse maps atm....)

i dont mind who plays (although ideally id like 4 of the players to be myself, helly, nova and pank and then +1) but i dont like this not dependable stuff lol and we gotta do ourselves justice in the war as well.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
XAC does not need to be running in TCHS run matches, only ED specific ones. The server cannot tell if it is running therefore it makes no difference.

However zBlock will kick you if you start trying to mess with some stuff (like dxlevels or rates)

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:16 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i already knew all that......

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i did read it right but i meant tht if u always av 2 be using the team tht u use un the trniments when that dos av 2 be runing then no 1 else thts not aloud or dosnt want 2 run tht program will ever get ne war expirience / fun lol lol if u acturly had a stated torniment practice session with the peeps tht cnt play the torniment against u like me and av a predetermined map 2 practic on then peeps shouldnt complain cause the hole point of the session is practicing the team . (well they probably will but still lol) just make it slightly more outside the more prime time 4 the server cause its not the best fun practice sessions lol if it was me id run a more far sysem of leting the peeps tht cant play the torniments first refuseal on wars that they may be able 2 play . and on a final note if u learn 2 comunicat all the time when ur playing with whoevers on ur team then when u do the wars it will be easyer cause itl become second nature 2 tell peeps things as u go

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol i do communicate well. people in the war team are getting first refusal. generally people in the war teams play more than other people, and therefore have more of a right to play IMO.

ppl always complain about the war maps and if we have a war team they complain about that as well *bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla* and then, of course, people start tk or putting the bomb in stupid places when we are actually trying to have a reasonable session.....in spite of warning.

from now on i will start kicking ppl for tk excessively putting bomb in stupid place etc.

/ warning.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:30 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i find people play more seriously with friendly fire off (though i know u need it runing 4 the wars themselves ) if u secedual something then u cn just tell them if they dont like it find another server 4 an hour or so while u do ur oficial practice , but markus u also gt 2 remember that the clan as a hole is about having fun n thts some peeps ideas of fun including urs at times lol well as ur wrd is unfortunatly final neway dnt realy make ne difference lol

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:41 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i take into consideration other ppls fun on the server....e.g i allow glass maps even tho i dont like them.

hwv. for wars, the war team should get 1st choice, they are commited and they play more. this gives them far more of a right to play than anyone else in the clan

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I think a good idea for you would be to organise a weekly (or other regular time) practise for the war team, and get other players in TCHS to be the enemy team. It won't give you as much challenge as another war team, but should give you enough to practice teamwork and communication. To solve the issue of people ruining it, make sure the people on know it's a practice session. I'm sure you can find enough people here willing to cooperate.

As for this, I would suggest seeing how many people want to participate, then giving your war team a bit of team before switching others in to let them have fun.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

well 2 maps are being played - if we have 7 people who want to play, some can play 1 map and then another the next?

Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

tru we could just do the system like tsg n us did on tf2 where the 5 others on 1 team n then us the other team n ne1 extras just fill the remaining slots acros the server as just make it so every1 tht wnts 2 cn play well as long we dnt ac more thn a server ful of players lol (of courc making sure tht the team os all on the tchs team 4 ya markus lol )

Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: pankowski
guys i spoke with them today, the 14th is ok i think.
the game will be SIX VS SIX, not a FIVE VS FIVE now.
ill edit the main post, they might have a problem with one of their players so ive said we can provide a backup just incase, seenasthough its just a fun war :)
do you want me to someone to make a thread out public part with teams ect ect?

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, if you make it in public section, and possibly get them to visit aswell, that would be good.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:35 pm 

Multi Poster
Multi Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hi. :)

Our map choice is now de_nuke :D #

And is it possible for a 5v5?

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Hi there (congrats on being our 100th user, lol)

de_nuke - interesting, haven't played that one much, lol.

5v5 would be possible, but seeing that the server can have 12 people on, and a lot of people want to play, a 6v6 would be much better.

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:11 pm 

Multi Poster
Multi Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hmm, i think 6v6's are a bit crap lol. But, if we can get 6 players that want to play il do it for fun but i prefer 5v5's lol.

de_nuke - Yea :D Very CT sided map imo lol :D

Woo 100th user, thanks xD

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I don't really see much difference between 5v5 and 6v6 tbh, and there are lots of people who want to play.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:02 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

its a de map, its meant to be ct sided. i dont care what the team sizes are myself.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:39 am 
 Profile E-mail