It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: my list of maps of tf2 awesomeness!!!!

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
That's true Skillers, although the Spy could just keep sapping it until the Pyro reaches it since the Sentry won't fire upon the Spy due to his disguise and the Engie will no doubt be busy knocking the things off. Since the Pyro is fast, it wouldn't take that long for the Pyro to reach it and burn it. You're right though- Demoman is the best at dealing with Sentries (it's in the name).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Yeah, but you start hitting a problem when you get more than one sentry or someone helping the engineer. It's all situational, really!

Thu May 29, 2008 8:47 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Has anyone in this clan ever taken out a heavy and a medic combo with just a syringe gun? The medic was on full health and the heavy was being buffed by the medic, so most likely at around 350-450 hp. (I know this because I got lost and went to their spawn accidentally and had to fight my way out through them myself... and I succeeded :) killing them both using only the syringe gun, killing the heavy first then the medic after who was stupid enough to try to saw my bones up)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Heh, no I haven't, but I don't play medic much. I've done it loads as a Pyro first, I tend to go for the medic first. They always run, though, leaving me open to Heavy fire.

Pretty nice achievement, If you play it right you can dodge a heavies fire quite easily, though I'm surprised the medic didn't succeed in healing up the syringe gun damage, unless you got a crit string?

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:29 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

I reckon it was probably a crit string, but in all honesty I didn't see the crit sign on the heavy, although the computer was probably not showing it due to lag. I did dodge most of the heavies fire but I was taken down to about 14hp before the heavy died. Then just back pedalled away from the medic who decided to take me on with just a saw when I was clearly shooting my syringes into him.
Glad you think it's a pretty good achievement- I call it luck that the heavy and medic were really bad players- would any decent medic charge another medic with the saw when they are running away with a syringe gun pointing your way?
If you like Pyros Skillers, good and bad news for you- I ran into a Pyro afterwards who managed to set me on fire before I syringed him as well, but I died before I could get health due to burns :(

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, I don't like medics as a pyro, especially if they have the blutsauger, they run too fast. If I can get a sneak attack on them they melt quite quickly, though. Then again, all classes do, if I get the one up on a non-mediced heavy, he basically has 2 seconds to live and I can get away with minimal damage.

The medic was probably after the peer review achievement or just didn't like the syringe gun (the bonesaw is incredibly powerful, but he was stupid).

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:53 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

I don't have the new weapons for Medic yet, but before you think so, I play Medic just because I'm good at it and not very good in combat situations (I don't have a good aim just yet, but improving) and even if I do unlock the weapons, I won't use them as in a war, the weapons won't be allowed so I will carry on practising witht he standard weapons.
A good tactic (if you don't already know, which you probably do) is to either keep your axe out and wait for them to come THEN draw your flamethrower and melt them down because the flamethrower is the longest weapon in the game and does stand out (you may not notice but the enemies will) so if you're waiting in a corner, they'll see your nozzle and come out and kill you.
Unless they can crit all the time, a Medic doesn't stand a chance against a Pyro- they can only run away and hope that their speed can get them out of the flamethrower's range before they melt but if you ambush them just right, you can kill them before they knew what hit them.
For a Heavy, you can try and circle-strafe him like a Sentry and if you're aim is good- he'll be dead before he can rev his gun up and mow you down (but good Heavies may manage to switch to the shotgun or fists and crit you before you can finish them then run for health so you ought to be careful). If the Heavy has a Medic, set him on fire and I know from personal experience, they will run and leave their patient to fend for themselves but it is better to kill him and then his patient. It is possible to kill the Heavy, even if he is being treated but it would take longer and there is a huge risk in it as he will have more time to mow you down and at the range a flamethrower works effectively, the minigun cuts everything to ribbons with about 300hp damage done every second- but it is rather embarrasing for the Heavy to be killed, even when he has a Medic :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, disabling new weapons in wars would be kinda stupid, they're part of the game! I have the blutsauger and the kritzkrieg (I'll be honest, I whored them), the blutsauger is good, but the kritz is situational. Si has the Ubersaw, and it's pretty good

The blutsauger is a pyro's nightmare. Never chase a medic who has it, they will just absorb your health, outrun your flamethrower and negate the afterburn damage.

Nice tip with the fireaxe, I wondered why pyro's did that.

Heavies I take on even if they're already spinning, they're easy to dodge up close (circle them, change direction and jump). Sentries are alright if you can start near them before they try to shoot you, as you can out track them if you're close, but can't from far away.

Medic heavy combos I generally try to attack from behind. If I can see they have an uber I will often suicide on them just to get them to burn it earlier (it's quite effective, and helps the team a lot).

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:27 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

When all the new weapons for all the classes have been released then they may be allowed in wars. Thanks for the tip though Skillers- when I get the blutsauger, I'll teach any overconfident Pyros what it means to mess with a good Medic. My advice is to set the Medic on fire then retreat- he'll be on fire and confused and you'll be alive without a scratch. Also he'll run for a health pack to put himself out which will take him off the front lines healing people so it will help you're team a lot- it may not be a small kill, but it'll make a big difference! Or you can set him on fire then shotgun him whilst dodging maniacally to avoid the blutsauger so he will be unable to counter the burns or the shogun pellets by hurting you.
If you want to stop an Uber, you could stand right in front of the Medic, firing your flamer so he can't see what's happening and his patient will run out of its range and cease working so your team can nab him or at least waste several precious Uber seconds if your Medic runs around you (if he realises what's happening) and recharges his patient. Or you could commit suicide by crouching in front of them in a corridor, firing your flamethrower to blind them and they cannot pass through you and advance, giving your time to regroupd and prepare a counter attack. It will definitely waste their Uber time which can be beneficial to your team :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well I find people don't get scared by fire anymore, they generally just hit e and look more for medic packs. Never chase a medic with a blutsauger who is shooting at you, hide and stop him gaining health off you, lol.

I tend to move past the front lines, so just getting them to pop an uber when they don't want to is useful, especially with a slow heavy, means they can't clear our sentries with it, and panics them into rushing forward and not using it at all properly.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:06 am 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

They probably need to update the Pyro's flame damage so people WILL be scared of being on fire, especially if it will kill you really quickly- in my opinion, I have way too much time on my hands to find another medic or a health pack before the flames burn even half my health away...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The problem is if they add much more it will become overpowered. I think being on fire should have side effects, like even worse vision and perhaps odd movement.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:56 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

That's true, but everyone will be scared of being on fire when the upgrades come- once you are on fire, the Pyro can kill you with one swing of his Axtinguisher unless your a Heavy, but he won't be able to dodge a second swing...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The thing is, I'm guessing the Axetinguisher is one of the harder to gain weapons, so won't always be the case. I'm thinking that, like the medic, it will be the final unlock.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:15 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

If it follows the same pattern of the Medic, then yes. However the Medic's weapons were unlocked by how useful they are in game- the Blutsauger being the most useless in any situation overall because a Medic isn't supposed to be in combat situations unless he has no other choice (ie his patient is dead and his ubercharge is almost full and an enemy is firing at him at close-medium range) and the ubersaw being the most useful in any situation because it increases the ubercharge level. So the Pyro's weapons may be arranged in the same order- Primary, Secondary, Melee- but it may be arranged in usefulness... depends what Valve thinks is best- the most logical is Primary, Secondary, Melee.
Imagine what achievements you would have to do though... set 20 people on fire in a minute, burn 20 people without dying...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It will be interesting to see some of the achievements. I'll probably play normally for a bit then whore the rest, because they will be too silly to do.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:37 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Does this clan have a TF2 war team? If so, who are in the team and what class do they play?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Deaths Shadow wrote:
Does this clan have a TF2 war team? If so, who are in the team and what class do they play?

Not really, but after my exams I will be arranging something like one ;)

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

We don't have anything set up for competitive TF2 play yet, though we occasionally have friendlies with clans we know (TSG/TF), where everyone in TCHS is allowed to play (we usually had to borrow people to make up the numbers, anyway, seeing as we played 12v12 games, and didn't have enough people able to play at once).

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:09 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Si wrote:
Deaths Shadow wrote:

Not really, but after my exams I will be arranging something like one ;)

When you do set up one, can you put me down as a Medic please? I would love to play in a war for this clan on TF2!!!! :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

In a team I don't think people should have a fixed class, but rather a few preferred classes (like I play Pyro/sometimes demo) and then fit them to the need of the map, for flexibility.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:17 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

That's true, in which case, my preferred classes are Medic, Pyro, Heavy and Engineer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail