It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Nut-Roast 2008 - Official Launch !!

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Uuh why

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Si wrote:
Uuh why

Metritutus wrote:
Is there a specific time for the event? I don't see any reason why I should not be available on that day, but times are important.

Anyway, I've signed up. Balls, I put my clan as Techious. Ah well.

I've been signed up on the forums for a while, but I will try to post more (I think I only have one thus far :/).

EDIT: And what's this teamspeak thingy? Why do I need it, what's it do exactly, and will it kill my comp? Etc.

Pete explained a little on the teamspeak, but I still don't really understand.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

wikipedia wrote:
TeamSpeak is proprietary Voice over IP software that allows users to speak on a chat channel with other users, much like a telephone conference call. A TeamSpeak user will often wear a headset with an integrated microphone. Users use the TeamSpeak client software to connect to a TeamSpeak server of their choice, from there they can join chat channels.

The target audience for TeamSpeak are gamers, who can use the software to communicate with other players on the same team of a multiplayer game. Communicating by voice gives a competitive advantage by allowing players to keep their hands on the mouse and action keys.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
TeamSpeak is like IRC with voice chat, I think. It's used to have teamwork in the game, and is preferred by a lot of people over the ingame system.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:55 pm 

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

If you view the demo's recorded from last night's match (which was stonking by the way :D ), you'll notice that hardly ant of the TSG guys used the ingame voice comms. That's because we use Teamspeak! Even when we're just posting ont he forums etc, TSG members will log into TS and therefore be "available" if another member needs any help. Far more efficient than MSN, Steam etc.

With regards to the Nut-Roast, it's essential that all players have a working copy of TS as well as a mic, as it is through this that the Admins will communicate to the Team Captains, who will then communicate to their teams.

Hope this clarifies the situation for you chaps.

Also, if it helps you at all, i can post up a "how to" which we have on our forums for setting up TS?

Cheers,

Zoskie

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, I guessed you'd be using teamspeak.

I have already downloaded and installed TS, and will make sure it's set up come the 9th, if you could post a link to that guide, it would probably serve a great help (I just had a quick look for it, but couldn't find it).

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:33 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: wigouche
iv had a good fidle with it n got the basics 2 server admining and stuff down seems gd and easy thou peeps like markus need better mics 4 it caus i cn barly understanding him n typing is louder than his voice

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Quote:
Firstly download Teamspeak from here http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads then install.

Once installed run TS 2 & THIS will appear.

Click on Connect as shown HERE & then on Connect again, you will then see THIS, right click to get the ADD SERVER box then click on ADD SERVER.

THIS is what you will see next, FILL IN THE AREAS AS SHOWN I've filled in some as an example, your now read to connect to the jarHedz TS server..... go on then click connect.

On joining our TS server you will see THIS, you will be sat in the LOBBY, before joining a channel you need to sort your settings out, click on settings then sound input/output settings as shown in the image.

Follow the instructions shown in THIS image, once done click close

Your now ready to have some grand craic as you play, there are other settings that can be adjusted if your sound quality is poor, but they can be sorted whilst on TS with the help of anyone who is on TS (try to get help from someone with CA or SA after their name)

There you go chaps, any problems give us a shout and we'll try and help you out.

Cheers,

Zoskie

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yea, question I was gonna ask when I read that on your site Zoskie... how come I get 403 - forbidden on all the images :S.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

They are hosted on imageshack, so I would presume it's an imageshack problem or imageshack has changed how it works. I get it too.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:39 pm 

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Sorry chaps, i've actually just been informed of this by a new [-TSG-] member.

We'll have to get another one sorted out and hosted.

I'll see if we can get it done int he next couple of days.

Cheers,

Zoskie

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, it looks like you simply need to get those images rehosted and the links updated. I tried altering the URL, and the pictures don't seem to exist anymore.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:53 pm 

I simply use http://www.photobucket.com

I've never had any problems with it.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

They are using imageshack, which usually works fine, I personally prefer Photobucket, but it doesn't matter. Anyway, I think what's happened is the pictures have been deleted or moved, and it will be simple to fix for them.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:53 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
is thr anyway to boost my voice in ts, because ppl have problems hearing my voice. i have it set to my mouse3 button so u dnt jst hear typing all the time. bt in game i have to boost my voice/mic so ppl can hear me, is this possible in ts? and if so, how.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:53 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

You can adjust the volume in TS, but I'm not sure to what extent it goes. Only way to find out would be to test it.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:16 pm 

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

As promisesd, up to date instructions :-

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1261

Cheers,

Zoskie

Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Thanks Zoskie, that should be a great help!

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:06 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Wooooo!

The Team I was on WON! Ringo's Starrs FTW!

Great night all, good to see 4 other clan members on too.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:50 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

congrats to all tchs members.

all who entered got to at least semis, with 2 getting in final and 1 being on winning team.

v gd fun and wp all :)

Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:57 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

and btw, i was top TCHS player in the nutroast

http://www.jarhedz.com/page.php?page=nutroast_players

si 2nd, skillers 3rd, met 4th, wigouche 5th

Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I think all TCHS players got to the semis, so well done there!

And I actually came 4th out of all of us, but I did miss a match and wasn't playing so good (they wanted an engy last match, so I was it, didn't play pyro that much actually). Plus, when I saw that page near the beginning, it seemed wrong, I'd swear I got some caps that hadn't counted (I was less than 50p, and you get 50 for a cap), but it might have been slow updating. I owned on lazytown, kept cleaning out the penultimate point as a pyro, stringing 5+kills at once. That was awesome.

I must say Shal (on our team) was absolutely amazing. When he got going he would get a whole load of kills and was probably a major reason for our victory!

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:45 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

yes, all of tchs got to semis.

btw, u had the best team, and shal is always top whenever he plays lol, not a surprise to see him overall winner

Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Well I wouldn't say we had the best team, par se, but we had a very balanced team and it felt like we were working together very well. From what I can tell we were the least organised, making up stragies 5 minutes before the start, basically consisting of who plays what and where to go. Well it worked, and we kept the communication going and won!

No match was easy, though, and all of them had us fighting hard for victory. Well played to everyone!

Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:13 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol u say ur team was the least organised, bt we didnt have any tactics.

we sed, meh lets have fun and play :mrgreen: (thts it!)

Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next