It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Nut-Roast 2008 - Official Launch !!

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Quote:
Welcome!

You've heard the rumours, you've seen the trailers, now i would officially like to welcome you to the launch of the Nut-Roast 2008.
Everything you need to know can be found on the Official Nut-Roast Website. All updates and information will appear simultaneously on the Nut-Roast Forum as well as the main page of the Nut-Roast Website, so keep your eyes on it for news!

Now that you're here, I'll briefly outline the plans for the 2008 Nut-Roast :-
  • The 2008 Nut-Roast will be run in TF2
  • The event is planned for 64 players
  • There will be 8 teams - 8 people on each team
  • These will be divided into two leagues - 4 teams in each
  • Each team will play against the others in their league once
  • The top two teams from the leagues will advance to the knockout phase
  • The two Semi-Final winners will advance to the Grand Final, while the losers playoff for 3rd/4th place
Now that you know what to expect, you'll want to know when all the various things will happen. The event itself is scheduled for Saturday 9th February 2008. Current start time is 5pm GMT. Teams will be drawn randomly a week before the Nut-Roast after signup closes. Signup will open on Friday 25th January 2008, 5pm GMT and run until Sunday 3rd February 2008.

We've decided to invite several TF2 clans with whom we have formed close links with since the formation of [-TSG-] as special guests. Also, as a special thank you to all those who support us, we've decided to extend an invitation to the leaders of these groups to act as team captains for the event! This means that they get to name the teams taking part in the Nut-Roast as well as lay out battleplans, etc. They'll also be acting as a first point of contact between the teams and the Nut-Roast Admin Team.

There you have it - the 2008 [-TSG-] Nut-Roast is rolling! Now all that's left is for you all to signup to what's sure to be the first and original Nut-Roast. Keep an eye on this page and the Nut-Roast forums for updates as they'll only be posted in those places.

Good luck and we'll see you shortly,

The Nut-Roast Admin Team

In order to register for this event, you'll first need to register on the jarHedz forums - http://www.jarhedz.com. So don't delay, get signed up (to both) today!.

Cheers,

Zoskie
Nut-Roast Admin Team

Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Nut-Roast 2008 - Official Launch !!

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Thank you Zoskie, I'll go sign up now (I'd been planning on saying hi for a while, just I'm lazy).

Looks like a lot of fun, and I should be able to make it!

(Just a note to everyone - the teams appear to be being picked randomly, for fairness, so we won't be playing as a clan, but I would encourage you all to sign up to participate in this event with our friends at TSG)

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:35 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
do we sign up seperately or can a clan all register together? i no we prob wont b playing together, bt sounds gd

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

You need to sign up separately;

Create an account then go here.

Also, reading the rules, it looks like TeamSpeak is needed. It is free and can be downloaded here. Mics advised! xP

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:24 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: wigouche
lol i is all signed up lol though put my clan as techious not [TCHS]

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

LOL, that doesn't matter, Wigo, it's not like they're different.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:52 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Ok so nice that some of us have joined already (corse I have)... This shull be fun

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, I was the 8th or 9th person to sign up xP (the list goes by userID).

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:56 pm 

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Wigouche wrote:
lol i is all signed up lol though put my clan as techious not [TCHS]

Don't worry Wig, either's fine.

[TCHS] have been given a special invite for helping us advertise the event, therefore members automatically get a place in the Nut-Roast. Hence why we need to know who;s from which Clan.

Cheers,

Zoskie

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Thank you greatly Zoskie for the guaranteed spaces! It should be great fun!

Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:32 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Gah...

What happens if someone is unable to join after theyve signed up Zosk? I don't get much access time on the computer that has TF2 on, and i honestly dont know if i can play for such a long period of time... If it was a week earlier, it would be no problem (parents are going away for the start of Feb)

I'll sign up anyway, but have some subs ready, incas one or more people can't make the event.

Uhh Zosk?

Nut Roast site wrote:
NutRoast Signup

The deadline for signup for NutRoast is Sunday, January 30th, 2008

The 30th is a wednesday :?

Last edited by DHR-107 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:05 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ty skillers, i have signed up.

also, dhr, there is an unregister button, so if u cant play jst click on tht (dunno wots the latest date u can do tht tho).

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

theyv got a hole system of subbing set up in case peeps dont show up so it dosnt matter 2 much just sign up neway then if u find u cnt turn up on the day u eth tell them or do nothing n ul be replaced

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:36 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

DHR - If you're unable to commit for the duration of the event, then please don't sign up. Yes we'll hopefully have substitutes in case of emergencies, but it really does knacker things up for your Team, and us as organisers if people only play for so long.

With regards to signing up etc, if you feel at this moment in time that you're able to commit to this event, then crack on mate. But we really need people that are committed to play for the whole event to sign up, not because they might want or might be able to play.

However ................ perhaps we can find a solution to your problem! Register on the forums mate and sign up, but drop me a PM stating that you might not be able to make it closer to the time. What i'll then do, is put you in the top slot for the subs. Which then means you won't be letting a team down in the initial instance of you can't play, but are more or less guaranteed a game if you can.

With regards to the register by date, it is incorrect and should read 3 February 2008. We're in the process of getting the website updated.

Cheers,

Zoskie

Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Ah, cheers Zosk, put me in as top reserve then regardless.

I honestly dont know If ill be able to play until the actual day... :( Which sucks but oh well...

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Is there a specific time for the event? I don't see any reason why I should not be available on that day, but times are important.

Anyway, I've signed up. Balls, I put my clan as Techious. Ah well.

I've been signed up on the forums for a while, but I will try to post more (I think I only have one thus far :/).

EDIT: And what's this teamspeak thingy? Why do I need it, what's it do exactly, and will it kill my comp? Etc.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The subbing system works by having people confirm their slot 3 hours before the event, and if there are slots at 2 hours before, subs are used. 1 hour before and the captains are allowed to grab whoever they can to join in.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:57 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

its basicly a mic talk program 4 gamers it can be incredably usfiul 4 clanwars n stuff (i is fidleing with testing up a server 2 play with sm time while were playing)

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I'll assume you meant TeamSpeak, Wigo?

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:17 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i assume tht as well, considering hes tlaking about talking to ppl!

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads

pls tell me which 1 i need to dl cos i have no idea :S

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Top one

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

ty. its now installed 2. let me no if i need anything else

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I don't think much else is needed. I might check it out a bit more later.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:46 pm 

Ye Gods I am getting so confused right now.

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail