It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Clan Meeting

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
I think that we are in serious need of a clan meeting, so we can find out who is really in the clan, and who isn't etc.
This should be on Steam, and should be required for all clan members, unless they can give a reason not to, otherwise they do not belong in the clan if they are unable to meet as one.
People who can't make the meeting should be able to contact one of us to tell us why. People should be more than able to make a meeting if we give like a weeks notice before this happens. I really need a list of members soon and so we can actually get stuff done around here.

Thoughts on this?

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Clan Meeting

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
all of the clan has steam, should therefore be able to meet unless have a reason, good idea.

however, considering we can see how active ppl r using the community, it seems rather pointless, bt the best idea if u want to have a rolecall and see who is in the clan nevertheless.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I don't think we really need a meeting as such, I would just like people to show their face atleast once. I would like to expand this site to be more useful, but when hardly anyone uses it, it seems kinda pointless.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:15 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mikefong
tbh ive told other clan members to join and talk on this forum. but the thing is. They dnt know how to use it.> probley a bit to complex for some. But i shall teach Mc Dave to use it.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:08 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Getting steam is more complex than using a forum for crying out loud :/

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

You know, I keep hearing this thing about it being too complicated, heck, I've even got an image somewhere with a big arrow pointing to the register button :/

The thing I don't get is it's just like browsing a normal webpage. Links are coloured differently, and it follows a structure. I guess if people don't know where to start, then not being able to use it might be true, but I don't really know what's so complicated about it. If I knew, I'd try and help, but most of what I've seen is people not looking for a button or something. :/

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:34 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

DHR-107 wrote:
Getting steam is more complex than using a forum for crying out loud :/

o.0 sorry Dave was just stating that I had to show dave how to register on the forrum. Im strickly speaking on the behalf on those which think its too complicated.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Si wrote:
I think that we are in serious need of a clan meeting, so we can find out who is really in the clan, and who isn't etc.
This should be on Steam, and should be required for all clan members, unless they can give a reason not to, otherwise they do not belong in the clan if they are unable to meet as one.
People who can't make the meeting should be able to contact one of us to tell us why. People should be more than able to make a meeting if we give like a weeks notice before this happens. I really need a list of members soon and so we can actually get stuff done around here.

Thoughts on this?

I completely agree. This needs sorting out once and for all.

Skillers wrote:
I don't think we really need a meeting as such

Strongly disagree. This is the reason why everything is so disorganised and such. Laziness etc.

It's good to see someone else starting to notice this.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:16 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Eurrr, this started simply because of the rolecall thing, and people saying that everyone uses steam and not the forums. I think people just need to read the forums once in a while. heck, I bet half the people haven't even read the threads about what this clan is about.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:41 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ive read them.

the forum is hard to use. i dont see a problem in having a weekly chat with each other, ppl show their faces and we catch up. surely this is simple to arrange?

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The problem with a big chat is that it's hard to get everyone in the chat at once, as everyone has different times that they're online.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:13 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

well i guess thr r + and - for both lol.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Wynney wrote:
ive read them.

the forum is hard to use. i dont see a problem in having a weekly chat with each other, ppl show their faces and we catch up. surely this is simple to arrange?

How?

Christ, even my dad knows how to use forums and hes a computer idiot... They really arent that complex... Oh, someone has posted in games, I wonder where... Oh in that thread which is in bold...

Not difficult...

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Don't let this descend into a flamewar, please.

Anyway, I think with a few minutes the forum should be fairly easy to get on. Heck, it's not like people won't help you if you get stuck. It's only really the BBCode and stuff that is hard, and that's not necessary.

P.S. My dad found forums a while back.... he's addicted now :|

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:18 pm 

Skillers wrote:
Don't let this descend into a flamewar, please.

*Flexes ban hammer*

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

No need to do that, Mettyboy.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:11 am 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

This is just a suggestion...

but i think we should find times when everyone is mainly free. Say Fridays at 6pm or sumthing then arrange a group meeting weekly if possible.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That could work, but it would jsut be easier if people would read the forums, as then we can post important info, for people to read at their leisure.

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:31 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I doubt people in the clan will be on the forum though :(

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That's the point, we want people to come on here atleast once every now and again.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:24 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i found it hard to find stuff at first on the forum.

on top of tht i had browser issues that took me several months to think.

also, the tags r impossible for me to use.

so if tht makes me illiterate or something or u want to flame those reasons for making it hard to use, yes its hard to use.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Most people dont use the tags anyway... I only use them for links (and somtimes images)

I still dont understand how it is difficult to use... Ive seen many far more complex forums than this one. Seeing as this only has about 7 supb areas, most the ones ove seen have upto 20 different sub areas!

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Browser issues are another matter.

As for tags, how many posts do you make that actually use the tags? Not a lot, they're not necessary ever, just nice sometimes. Links are automatically linkified when posted, but the URL tag allows for replacement text, but isn't something you need to do.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:02 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

so, basically ignore all the hard bits of the forum and say its easy. issues like not bein able to sign in sometimes make this forum hard to use......................................................no doubt this will be met with more pointless flaming/bitching. :mrgreen:

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Wynney wrote:
so, basically ignore all the hard bits of the forum and say its easy. issues like not bein able to sign in sometimes make this forum hard to use......................................................no doubt this will be met with more pointless flaming/bitching. :mrgreen:

No, thats server side not being able to sign in, not our problem... I dont understand what is hard... No one ever uses the tags anyway....

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail