It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: The purpose of the TCHS clan.

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Right, I thought this issue needed a bit a clarification, judging by past experience.

The purpose of the TCHS clan is not as a serious gaming competitor, even though we may play competitively if we feel like it.

No, far from that, the purpose of the clan is to have fun and be friends. Call me old fashioned or what you will, but I play games for fun, not glory. After all, gaming is a form of entertainment, not a chore or a job. I personally play games to entertain myself, or maybe to destress by absorbing myself and getting a few frags. I do not play games to better someone else, I do not play games to win prizes, I do not play games to have arguments, I do not play games to get stressed.
I play multiplayer games for the enjoyment of playing with people. I play to interact with those people, to have a laugh with them. I do not play to beat them (well I do, but in a fun way, not a win or nothing way). I do not play to shout at them, or to insult them. I do not play with people so I can be cruel to them, or vice versa.
This is the Techious ideology!

So, what is this purpose of the clan tag, if the clan isn't really competitive? Simply put, the tag is to show you are a good person. The tag should show people that you enjoy gaming, that you enjoy playing the games of your choice, that you place nice and you play fair!
It's also to show that you are friends with other players bearing the tag. It shows that you can work with the people with the tag, and are of the same mindset. It shows you are part of this website and community.

So, I shall summarise in a list!

• Have fun! I can't stress enough how important this is. If you don't play a game for fun, what do you play for?
  • Be friendly! What's fun about arguing? You should be able to get along with people in this clan easily, they're all gamers, they're all here to have fun.
  • Don't argue! If you have a problem with another member, sort it out in a nice friendly way. If you feel you can't do that, I am happy to mediate. If you really can't get along, just forget about it, don't provoke each other, that's not fun for anyone!
  • Don't bug people! Seriously, it gets annoying being asked to play a game when you can't, or just don't want to. Feel free to ask once, but if someone doesn't want to, don't bug them, it will just annoy them!
  • Have the TCHS spirit! Show everyone you play with just what this clan is about. It would make my day to go on a server and be greated by "Awesome another one of those TCHS people!" I certainly don't want to join to "Oh no, not TCHS, they really annoy me!"
  • Try and post here! It's not mandatory, but it's nice to interact with people out of game, and get some nice discussions going!

So have fun, enjoy your gaming!

- Skillers

P.S. Please see this post in regards to competitive gaming.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:05 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: The purpose of the TCHS clan.

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

3 TCHS clan members have tried to add me on Steam, can anyone verify that you all did it manually or did steam auto do this? :text:

Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

People will be adding you automatically, though seeing as you are in the group on Steam, you show up at the bottom of people's friendlists (making it easy to add).

Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:45 pm 

Multi Poster
Multi Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

hehe the purpose of the TCHS clan

To explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no clan has gone before.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:50 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

We are not StarTrek, Kusa, lol.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:43 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
We're not? Oh damn... when is the next train out of here?

Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
In 5 minutes. I warn you its direct to city 17.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Nah, British rail, the trains have been delayed... permanently.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:14 pm 

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: dobars
This clan looks like a good put together team! I only met Crimson and Panowski yesterday and Zelda, but ive gotta say that is the best night of css, i have had in a long while, we all had a great laugh and generally out there to have a goodtime 8) Having looked at the forums and general chat, looks like a very good clan to be part of! Taking a game to seriously is silly, if people do that they should close the game, uninstall it and do something a little less stressful to themselves!

Have Fun and Be Happy

No Sad Faces Crimson :P:P

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Banned
Banned

Steam Login Name: link0704
well said yeah it was fun and like u say if people take it seriously they should play tamagotchis or summat lol wen it comes to matches tho i tend to be serious cus i like to compete :P glad u like the clan see ya on battle feild for sum more knifeing :P

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

Yeh no probs zelda lol :P next time i will be knifing u:) u got me too many times lol. Revenge is sweet served cold :lol:

Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Don't worry, I will be burning you all :) I am aware there are no flamethrowers in CSS< but I will find a way!

Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:31 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: djenkins2840
Admin hax = burn/ mods for fire grenades

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

We will see skillers :P i will find u and kill you on css ;) or u may knife me like everyone else does lol (not fair sad face). i would like to try tf2 though i havent ever tried it whats it like ppl?

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The last person to ask that got this response.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:42 am 

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

ok matey no probs :)

Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
its a good game, if you dont get it then i would have to tk you on css and you would miss ago, now wheres the fun in that...

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

Sounds gud matey:D

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

Steam Login Name: hexx777
tf2 ftw

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:01 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

I have finally bought TF2 WOO time for some fun.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

:D

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:55 am 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.

And I'm all outta gum.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:08 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Ogris wrote:
I have come here to chew ass and kick bubblegum.

And I'm all outta gum.

Fix'd

Couldn't resist.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:11 am 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: Edwardsells
i lold, did he actually put that skillers?

Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

No, read the previous post :/

Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:22 pm