It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: One tip

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
the key is sticking with it as Gozzer said :P

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
I know exactly how you feel.
I started playing about two months ago and I knew the basic controls but getting kills was like winning the lottery: it hardly ever happened.
I played often and on DM servers and I can now hold my own against rather good players such as Kriss, Frank, Toxic and maybe Ogris in lucky times. I'm way off completely matching Ogris or Wynney though so I have a long way to go, but I am able to hold my own against most people that appear on the public server... although that may have something to do with me using the AWP... a weapon that has been described as being overpowered...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mikefong
Teeps. Add me on steam, il help you out if your willing enough :)

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Helly is a useful man to go to for help ;)

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Hellfire is the man to go for. He's helped me a lot as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Just ignore the "go to this website and download these hacks" and you can't go wrong.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: sparksftw
Whoever said DM increasis skill is not too bright, while it helps with aim, so does using the mouse every day :P.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Edwardsells
Yes, i was gonna say b4 dave said, dave is a <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> legend he helped me as much as i wanted even before we were mates, just listen to him and he will teach you the ways of Dr.Dave! :D
Also go to Wynneys training or wtvr it is in easter.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Steam Login Name: teeps199
Added you hellfire,

and ive played FPS games for a long time, my first was soldier of fortune i think, (great game btw, i feel like playing it)

Played with ogrin today, apparantly i "frag hunt" too much:P so ill watch out for that.

what's this about wynneys training? sounds good ^^

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol, I charge big bucks. I'm planning on getting people who want to play wars in tip top condition by the end of Easter :P

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:11 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Steam Login Name: teeps199
big bucks? how big we talkin' here? :O

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Wynney's case... Probably a few drinks will do him.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:36 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: Bombaynoodle
And for those who can't afford that, Wynney will accept sexual Favours :P

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

haha, oh damn, am I that obvious! ^^'

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:45 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: djenkins2840
DM servers help a shit load with aim and reaction times :/ So dunno what your on about ogris.

For someone completely new to the game its awesome. And even I go on DM servers for practise aswell when I feel like it. And it makes a huge difference.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Oggy said deathmatch helps with aim, but it doesn't help with gamesense. A lot of the time you can make up for bad aim or average aim knowing what to do when, and how to do it.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: djenkins2840
Well the DM server I play on I find helpful aswell I tend to camp at a bombsite as i would be doing if the bomb is down or not and practise getting kills from the positions im holding.. It helps in alot of ways personally as long as you think about how your gonna go about practising what your doing.

The general game sense comes from knowing the map anyway and playing on a map you want to learn on DM first personally helps with the instant respawning and everything you can find your way pretty quickly.

Obviously it helps completely nothing when it comes down to holding an actual bombsite and has nothing to do with team work at all.. But learning to play really well solo is the first step and hell the amount of awping you come up against is damn good practise at learning how to take them out effectively without anything but your guns..

Basically it helps in countless ways as long as you go about it in the right way. Charging around with any random weapon spraying at everything not gonna help for shit..

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:31 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Even if you know what to do Wynney, you can still fail for having bad reactions and aims, both of which are improved by playing on DM servers. It is better to have a medium/good aim than have fantastic gamesense.
Just let Ogris deal with your gamesense by listening to him and following his commands, then your aim and reactions can do the rest... although you'll have to ignore when Ogris calls you "f****** useless" or "a hopeless moron".

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It's best to have a good balance between gamesense and aim, I've won a round simply by listening to footsteps and knowing where the enemy would approach from, even though I had terrible aim (I was using a shotgun, I waited for them to be where I knew they would be and blasted them in the face at point blank).

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:33 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Skillers wrote:
It's best to have a good balance between gamesense and aim, I've won a round simply by listening to footsteps and knowing where the enemy would approach from, even though I had terrible aim (I was using a shotgun, I waited for them to be where I knew they would be and blasted them in the face at point blank).

This is how I get blamed for hacking. The Sennheisers I have are accurate at making it sound like somebody is in front, behind, or to the sides of me. Above and below too.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Hmph, another good point Skillers... but I still prefer the aim over gamesense as Ogris can't help me whilst I'm aiming, he can help me when it comes to doing something though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Never rely on someone else in the game. Teamwork is key, but if you can't do it yourself, how are you going to play when your team is dead?

And yeah, all headphones are, Aaron, except it's not fully effective as the way 3D hearing works means you can mix up infront and behind.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:38 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I found that a cheaper set of headphones didn't work too well at the whole infront and behind thing.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

None will, unless the game accounts for volume and you can judge by that (but that's more cognitive than hearing ability). It is a fact of human hearing, not the headphones.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:41 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Skillers wrote:
Never rely on someone else in the game. Teamwork is key, but if you can't do it yourself, how are you going to play when your team is dead?

I rely on Ogris giving me orders to follow. I then rely on my own skills to keep myself alive and the enemy dead.
I was in a situation twice where I was the last person alive and I had to kill the last man, which I did both times successfully since I could rely on my aim.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail