It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: A Bunch of Changes... (and a bunch of text)

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: mikefong
locking this topic wont get anything sorted. Stability? you have around 10 active members which 7-8 of them are staff right? So what if someone baits you, its like me calling jord a gay. He wouldnt take it seriously, knows im just joking. People bait people out to get a reaction, just ignore it and grow up tbh. Its just a game and just banter.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
see i dont think people should take action prematurely. Maybe nothing will happen. But if it does then maybe adress a problem.

Also no offense taken Dave :). I believe my position was given on the basis of LAN, a fairly long-standing membership and the fact i get on with most everyone to grace techious. (or i hope so anyway)

Yeah recruiting dropped a lot ages back and the community stagnated in growth but with limited server options we're fairly obscure now and we're not gonna be tards and recruit on other servers.

Oh we aren't discoraging recruiting from anyone so feel free to refer a good player/friend to the site :D everyone can join in.

Techious recruiting challenge anyone?

Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
I honestly feel that while in theory leaving a channel to avoid problems can be a good idea, it seems more like the reason is just being used to avoid someone who doesn't do anything now to annoy people. What ever happened to forgiving people? It's Christmas, the season to forgive.

Also, I invited McWill and Kyhas to be staff because I believe that they would have helped sort out this mess. Kyhas is good at seeing both sides and not being too biased, and everyone loves McWill so it seemed a perfect choice. Removing staff however is still possible, though I don't particularly see this as a "Staff v User" issue.

In terms of the community, yes I have failed you all. I do however wish the "clan" as it were to more merge into a small community of people or even a small community of communities that just play games together with each other and try and be friendly. I know some people don't like each other, but really, sometimes a reaction seems to happen before the provocation actually occurs.

On a side note, let's all play a nice game of something. Ideas and suggestions for that or on my thoughts are welcome :)

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: De4dCh1ck3n
Edit: You are entitled to your opinion. Mature or not mature, as users may or may not be. BUT When an admin edits your post it is for a reason. The reason listed was due to your post being provocative.

The post should therefore NOT be reverted to its earlier state. LOCKED

20:28 - [TCHS] Nannal DVORAK!: Down with met, nannal for mod!

Last edited by De4dCh1ck3n on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

No i dont have problems with kyhas or mcwill.. maybe a little with kyhas haha as he didnt recognize me when i was in Gloucester :< jkin :D
That wasnt that point xD its not or should never be staff v user. The point being is if you give staff are seen as people who should maintain control, any problems and service for the community EQUALLY. I always thought techious was meant to be a wider community welcoming new members rather than just one particular group, maybe i was wrong :s it would explain why people left techious. To justify I'm not trying to "bait" or "offend" anyone.
Wish people with petty problems would just sort it out like men. Rather than bitching about it. Literally all you need to say is I dont like you, you dont like me, lets just keep out of each others way and not talk to each other. Or with people giving "sly" comments, just ignore it they just want a reaction. Sort it out!

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

I typed up the rules at the top of this page with the hope of avoiding major issues. :(

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
ok you self righteous nerd.

PEACE

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

wtf? met didnt say anything. :P
you harsh FK

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol both of you are now in time out :P

and dave we welcome new members, we just aren't in the recruitment side of things right now :)

Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Right, what I seem to get in this thread is:

Hawke doesn't like the way people leave when he joins the channel (am I mistaken or was this agreed on before as a solution, if not talk to me).

General hate and people being prejudiced and so much believing in their own views, that anyone who dares counter them is hated. These people have louder voices so it seems they have the most "power".

The rules are bs as when theres a real problem its just pushed "under the carpet".

We just need to calm down and play a game?

When Wynney says PEACE do not take seriously?

DaveJaVu doesn't like when Kyhas doesn't recognise him? :P

Am I right or am I missing something (like a brain BRRRAAAAINNNSSS)

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:40 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: Littlecook
so let me get this straight ..... mentioning no names (so i shall use my own) bob doesnt like miranda so bob leaves so he doesnt end up causing michelle, mike, horacio and gemgem any annoyance

ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHUT UP AND EAT MINCE PIES! come on please guys this is really silly all this is just childish ok if you get in a mood with me meh ur problemo not mine :) just please stay out of each others way and just play games.... i swear thats what there for not for bitching at each other

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Si wrote:
Right, what I seem to get in this thread is:

Hawke doesn't like the way people leave when he joins the channel (am I mistaken or was this agreed on before as a solution, if not talk to me).

General hate and people being prejudiced and so much believing in their own views, that anyone who dares counter them is hated. These people have louder voices so it seems they have the most "power".

The rules are bs as when theres a real problem its just pushed "under the carpet".

I think this is about right.

Si wrote:
We just need to calm down and play a game?

An excellent idea. Perhaps we should all load up Dirt 2. I think a lot of people got it when it was on sale.

Si wrote:
When Wynney says PEACE do not take seriously?

I can never tell whether I should have taken him seriously or not in text until it's too late. >-<

Si wrote:
DaveJaVu doesn't like when Kyhas doesn't recognise him? :P

It's the source of his furious and unparalleled anger against the human race.

Si wrote:
Am I right or am I missing something (like a brain BRRRAAAAINNNSSS)

You are still not happy with our current brain collection rate?

The Avenger wrote:
ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHUT UP AND EAT MINCE PIES! come on please guys this is really silly all this is just childish ok if you get in a mood with me meh ur problemo not mine :) just please stay out of each others way and just play games.... i swear thats what there for not for bitching at each other

I second this. Especially the mince pies part.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:54 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
So, if I'm right...

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Si wrote:

I don't mind it, I just question whether people who do this should be in a position of power considering they have the behaviour of a child. It was the solution you suggested we should try but it's been a long time so you'd think they'd put a grudge down at last, especially at Christmas... apparently not it seems. Rather pathetic.
But hey, I left a while back so don't really give a damn what members, staff or otherwise, do with their spare time. If they want to leave the server because they're afraid of me, they can go ahead. If they want to switch channels because they dislike the way I talk etc, they can do that too. But as staff members or members with admin, I would have thought they'd be a bit more grown up, but that's the way that Techious crumbles (which it has by the way, despite Si's best efforts to try and save it and I do have a great deal of respect for Si's efforts).

The Avenger wrote:
so let me get this straight ..... mentioning no names (so i shall use my own) bob doesnt like miranda so bob leaves so he doesnt end up causing michelle, mike, horacio and gemgem any annoyance

Actually, it's this. Bob and Mike both don't like Eagle. This has been discussed before but Bob and Mike are irrational angry immature people who can't get over themselves over stupid things (namely the way Eagle sometimes talks and how he acts in-game which is to dominate and taunt them vocally) so continue to hold a pointless grudge against Eagle, much to Eagle's amusement and disgust considering Bob and Mike are either staff or have admin. Bob likes to instantly leave a server the moment Eagle joins (and then rejoins when Eagle leaves, then instantly disconnect when Eagle comes back). Mike likes to move channels always away from Eagle. It's childish, pathetic and considering their status, shouldn't be happening. Bob and Mike make the excuse they are avoiding trouble, but in reality are just saying that because they have a personal vendetta that they just can't drop, due to their irrational and angry personalities. Eagle has in fact not been active at all and when he does turn up hasn't caused trouble in a while (although any trouble claimed is actually Bob and Mike flipping out at Eagle over small things most would not even pick up on... except the sentry mess which Eagle did claim guilty and apologised for).
So along came Cookie who spoke with Eagle and they did decided that it would be best to leave Mike and Bob to their childish ways until they calm down but they haven't and considering it's Christmas, you'd have thought Bob and Mike would grow up, hence Eagle decides to bring this ongoing problem to light once more to try and find a better resolution. This once again has failed as Bob and Mike are good friends with Cookie, putting him into an awkward spot of trying to keep the piece... which he can't really solve and I feel sorry for Cookie here because he's a great monster.

In the end it's simple, Bob and Mike hate me. I don't care frankly considering their attitudes and behaviour is completely ridiculous for their age so they are both not worth my time or effort trying to reason with. I've left the "clan", my opinion is rather mute now, but I doubt these issues should be put down to "X avoid Y and Y avoid X" simply because Y has a personal vendetta against X. I also don't think Y should be allowed so much damn slack since they are friends with the top guns like Cookie and Skillbucks.

All this sh*t aside... MERRY CHRISTMAS TECHIOUS :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I got bored reading that what is it a novel?!

PEACE

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: Littlecook
i read it ...... i got real confused :)

please just everyone leave this topic and go eat a mince pie or some turkey or whatever you feel like eating.... this really isnt worth all this effort at arguing
thanks muchly <3

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

hey wtf you saying im fat or something eating food.

wtf dude thats not cool

wtf

PEACE

p.s. merry christmas all xoxoxoxo

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Hawke wrote:
Si wrote:

I don't mind it, I just question whether people who do this should be in a position of power considering they have the behaviour of a child.

Says the person bringing it up every other day

It was the solution you suggested we should try but it's been a long time so you'd think they'd put a grudge down at last, especially at Christmas... apparently not it seems. Rather pathetic.

About as pathetic as you bringing it up all the time

But hey, I left a while back so don't really give a damn what members, staff or otherwise, do with their spare time. If they want to leave the server because they're afraid of me, they can go ahead.

I really do not think it is because they are "afraid of you", more don't want to listen to your endless belly aching about TF2's Reg or some over powered/under powered weapon

If they want to switch channels because they dislike the way I talk etc, they can do that too. But as staff members or members with admin, I would have thought they'd be a bit more grown up, but that's the way that Techious crumbles (which it has by the way, despite Si's best efforts to try and save it and I do have a great deal of respect for Si's efforts).

It's nothing to do with how you talk. It's the way you *ALWAYS* talk

The Avenger wrote:

Actually, it's this. Bob and Mike both don't like Eagle.

A lot of people don't like other people. That's life

This has been discussed before but Bob and Mike are irrational angry immature people who can't get over themselves over stupid things (namely the way Eagle sometimes talks and how he acts in-game which is to dominate and taunt them vocally)

Which as you know "Bob" is fairly sensitive and this is a mindless bait. Whether you do it all the time or not, the intention is to annoy someone on purpose as you *know* they don't like it

so continue to hold a pointless grudge against Eagle, much to Eagle's amusement and disgust considering Bob and Mike are either staff or have admin.

At this moment in time, "Bob" hasn't used admin for a while, and "Mike" does not have any

Bob likes to instantly leave a server the moment Eagle joins (and then rejoins when Eagle leaves, then instantly disconnect when Eagle comes back). Mike likes to move channels always away from Eagle. It's childish, pathetic and considering their status, shouldn't be happening.

Again, this is more to do with the above points already made

Bob and Mike make the excuse they are avoiding trouble, but in reality are just saying that because they have a personal vendetta that they just can't drop, due to their irrational and angry personalities.

Neither "Bob" or "Mike" have irrational or angry personalities. That's just "Eagle's" view on things. If something or someone is annoying, you would move away from them

Eagle has in fact not been active at all and when he does turn up hasn't caused trouble in a while (although any trouble claimed is actually Bob and Mike flipping out at Eagle over small things most would not even pick up on... except the sentry mess which Eagle did claim guilty and apologised for).
So along came Cookie who spoke with Eagle and they did decided that it would be best to leave Mike and Bob to their childish ways until they calm down but they haven't and considering it's Christmas, you'd have thought Bob and Mike would grow up, hence Eagle decides to bring this ongoing problem to light once more to try and find a better resolution.

A better resolution... Which is actually causing more trouble

This once again has failed as Bob and Mike are good friends with Cookie, putting him into an awkward spot of trying to keep the piece... which he can't really solve and I feel sorry for Cookie here because he's a great monster.

"Bob" doesn't see what the issue is. Some people just don't like other people

In the end it's simple, Bob and Mike hate me. I don't care frankly considering their attitudes and behaviour is completely ridiculous for their age so they are both not worth my time or effort trying to reason with. I've left the "clan", my opinion is rather mute now, but I doubt these issues should be put down to "X avoid Y and Y avoid X" simply because Y has a personal vendetta against X. I also don't think Y should be allowed so much damn slack since they are friends with the top guns like Cookie and Skillbucks.

All this sh*t aside... MERRY CHRISTMAS TECHIOUS :D

Right. My points are in bold. Pretty obvious naming convention but okay. You want to know why I don't overly get on with you any more Hawke? I didn't want to get into this on Christmas Eve, but then again you've provoked me once again.

The main issue is in mumble, you *never* stop talking. EVER. When I leave to another channel, to speak to someone not about TF2 weapon balance (Which is 90% of the time the steered subject) and someone follows to talk, you apparently find this offensive.

I leave servers when you join because *I* can't put up with you're rather childish baiting and taunting. I know they are in the game to be used etc, but I can't stand it. So I leave. If that insults you, fair enough. I'm pretty sure however, that you know damn well that I would get pretty irate about it eventually. Which will just be another piece of ammo. "Oh DHR rages too much, he shouldn't have admin/be staff any more". So I avoid it. I play games to have fun.

Fun which you rapidly drain away from the game with CONSTANT (at least last time I was on a server with you) moaning about Reg. Either that or you join a server under an unusual name, just to bait me into a reaction by not healing me purposely etc... Which you have admitted to doing once. Which again, I assume got filed under "Ammunition to nuke DHR".

There. You have it. I am tired with your constant bitching about me. No one else I speak to on Mumble (or in games) has any issue with me. Now you know why I dislike you now. You used to be a pretty alright person... But I honestly don't know what happened along the line. I accept that I do get pretty angry at pointless stuff, and this might be (in your opinion) a completely pointless argument. But you wanted to know so I've told you.

Merry <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> Christmas.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Locked for Christmas

Have a nice day everyone :D

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

kyhas comes in with the ban hammer.

But he can't stop me. COME AT ME BRO.

Anyway yeh, enough has been said in this topic already. I don't agree with people leaving channels cos someones joined but I appreciate not everyone will always get along. Jordan, you do talk about tf2 reg etc way too much. I do appreciate people leaving etc. sometimes for no reason to be a little spiteful.

Anyway, before kyhas comes at me with his mod powers lets just leave it at this now.

Have a merry christmas everyone.

p.s. give me +1 karma kthnx cheers etc.

EDIT (Kyhas): Really Wynney? did you have to >.<

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Topic Unlocked sorry for the delay

Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:04 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
and a happy new year!
what needs to be said has been said, further debate is pointless so why i'm putting this back to the top of active posts i don't know
have a great one all :)

Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail