It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Change is coming!

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
This is just a heads up about a big change that will be coming towards the end of the month.

We are getting a new, more powerful, server that will allow us to run more stuff :)

We are getting the new server on the 29th and the current one will be turned off on the 1st. The new server will have different IPs, though we will try to minimise the hassle associated with the change.

Hopefully we will be able to keep our services running with as little interruption as possible, and we will keep you up to date closer to the time.

Also, we will be using this as an opportunity to push us forward and try and get our servers and community even more popular.

Thanks to all the donators who make this possible and thanks to everyone who makes this community what it is.

- The Staff

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:03 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: Change is coming!

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: treeseph
Sweet, what will we be expecting to see?

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
<3

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
Wow, this is great news!

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well, firstly, you can expect to see more servers from us. Currently, the servers we are planning on definitely having are;

TF2 pub (as always)
CSS pub (Minigames/surf/etc)
Gmod build
L4D
TF2 war
CSS war

We're also going to try and gauge the popularity of a few other servers, including, but not limited to;

HL2DM
The Hidden
CoD:WaW
UT3
Gmod minigames
Other source mods

Of course, we will also have our other regular services, such as Mumble and the website, though we are looking to improve both of those aswell. Most notably, we've improved the way we do our hosting for members, making it easier for us to set up and manage, meaning we can provide our services better.

Also, with regards to the game servers, we have improved security and will be assigning staff members (and possibly selected gold/silver members, based on trustworthyness and technical ability) to "manage" the servers, meaning that the each of the servers will get more attention than is currently possible. It also means that there may be more events and such.

Anyway, nothing is really final yet, except getting the new server, so you'll find out what we're doing soon enough.

As for now, a quick reminder to everyone that we do need your support to keep the server running, so please buy memberships if you haven't already :)

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:35 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!

GMOD NA NA NAGMOD NA NA NAGMOD NA NA NA

(I like Build servers!)

Spoiler for Skillers:

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Nannal wrote:
Spoiler for Skillers:

EPIC kudos to the first person who shops that to be me, with the TCHS logo. Bonus points if you change it to the TCHS colours.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:36 pm 

Samosa!
Samosa!

We lost the gallery :(

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The gallery has been fixed, there was a configuration issue (it had too much security for it to work).

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:44 pm 

Dominating
Dominating

Steam Login Name: Aljdiy
Sweet!! Cant Wait :D
Looking forward to Css Minigames!
Deathruns included?

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:39 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
epic. good news :)

Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:20 am 
 Profile E-mail