It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: question on the bots but met locked a topic on it....

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
ffs stop locking topics, if u want less spam then dont lock all the topics, because now i have a question on the topic i need to create an entire new thread........

my smilie is still not on here :(. its been like a week :(.

anyway, do the bots click on the ads links and if so does that mean we get money from them?

Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: question on the bots but bloody met locked a topic on it....

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Met locked it because it was like a million years old...

I doubt if the bots click the links... They are simply here to monitor how used the site is. Basically it gets our hits up from like google and search engine users because we appear higher up the lists... (As far as I know anyway)

Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:09 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: question on the bots but bloody met locked a topic on it....

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

oh right, i thought they like check whats on the forum then when people search it comes up with the right results and stuff, so if they searched KUBICAAAAA lol the forum appears cos the google bot found a hit on this forum so includes it in results and stuff, so i thought it might click the link as well lol to see what it can find.

ive confused myself now so xD

Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:52 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
The bots merely read all the pages on the site, and index all the words, so that when searching for something the search servers know what page the most relevant information is on. The bots cannot click on the ads as they are unable to see them as links due to the way they run.

Google PageRank will determine which site is best for information, hopefully for some stuff we'll be high, but that technology is very closed.

Also, sorry Wynney but with the site being released tomorow, I am unable to add any more smilies until then, otherwise the server will just not find it when the site is out.

Hope this clears everything up :)

Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:06 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

ok then. i thought id ask in case the bots do click on links ^^

Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:34 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Nah, they don't, and even if they did, we couldn't be held responsible for it. xP

Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:46 am 

Post Post subject: Re: question on the bots but met locked a topic on it....

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

apparently the bots can post messages lol.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

They can load the page, somehow, lol.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:07 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i want them to write something!!!

"hello, im bot dave, but u can call me "andname=dave" (i know nothing about coding so MEH)

Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
BOTS probably have a better memory than myself, but I'l try to remember not to leave the site without having a few posts here and there.

Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That would be kinda funny, but that's not their point xP

Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:35 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Did somebody edit my first post? Or did I actually say:
Gozzer wrote:
I'l try to remember not to leave the site without having a few posts here and there.

As that isn't what I was suppose to say ^^'

Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Heh, keen eye, I'll tell you on Steam xP

Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 pm 

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: normandorp
new site? whre? what happened?

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Wrong topic, but there's a whole load of announcements about it. Clicking one of the links at the very top of the page will take you to it.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:24 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Skillers wrote:
Heh, keen eye, I'll tell you on Steam xP

Don't worry, I thought it had been edited. Couldn't really go about saying what I wanted to in a discrete manner >-<

Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail