It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 pm

All times are UTC

Would you visit and post more when the site is done?
Yes 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
No 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post Post subject: Re: Would you visit and post more when the site is done?

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Naa, only way forward is to empty everything, spam free and then try and carry on a spam free environment.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
I agree.

3000 posts with this one :)

We really should start again. Would give you a chance to re-organise the forum a bit too....

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I really don't think starting again is the best course of action. Maybe removing the dead sections would be a good idea, and rejigging a few things.

Deleting every post won't achieve anything at all towards a spam free environment. Noone seems to post anything that useful anymore, so it would actually decrease the quality of the contents by removing some of the actual decent stuff that's still around. I mean, I cleared out the clan section, and it's just the same again now, just emptier.

The C+C days were kinda bad, but I really think some people might be able to post some interesting stuff, not just reviews. I feel like leaving it quite open ended as to what people can write.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:55 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Deletion isn't the way, but perhaps we should instead archive everything for viewing.

Harsher controls, and more features would result perhaps in a better place.

EDIT:

And in regards to C&C, can we please delete it?

The descriptions of everyone make me cringe, especially mine. :X

http://www.computersandconsoles.co.nr/

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Oh dear lord its still on air... XD

I thought Skillers took it don ages ago... Make sure you save the images and reviews!

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

So you link it? I don't think I can even remember the FTP account. It's not like anyone goes there unless linked.

Anyway, harsher controls will just make everyone annoyed. But it seems being lenient makes everyone annoyed aswell. Lose-lose.

More features is what we're trying to do anyway.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:53 pm 

DHR-107 wrote:
Oh dear lord its still on air... XD

I thought Skillers took it don ages ago... Make sure you save the images and reviews!

The reviews and images need checking for spelling and grammar. Just a quick go over the Transport Tycoon brought up a few, and I don't like some of the captions on the images. :X

Oh yea, and if I remember right, Skillers didn't want to take it down the last time I asked him. And I have asked several times. ¬¬

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Skillers wrote:
Noone seems to post anything that useful anymore

personally, i think tht is utter rubbish.

forum needs serious work! (start again, apart from some threads.)

Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I can't be bothered to take it down. I've still got copies on here anyway.

As for the content, it just doesn't feel like there is that much, to me.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 pm 

Skillers wrote:
I can't be bothered to take it down.

As far as I'm aware, you don't have to do that much except give Si the go ahead for getting started.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The CAC site. I don't want to remove all the stuff from here.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:27 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

all the ideas posted on here can easilly be put in the forum already, and so i feel stuff like reviews would not even be written as no1 has yet decided to do it on the forum. (i dont like the ideas of reviews, more articles on current affairs i feel should be used, e.g. new comp stuff, the news, sport or whatever, i think this is gd idea.)

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Writing about sport and the news is pretty much out the question in a site sense. Feel free to talk about it in General Banter, but it's not really suitable content for a gaming/technology website. I think if a framework is in place, letting users decide what kind of articles they want to post should be interesting. Maybe reviews, maybe guides on computer building, maybe clan activity summaries.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:22 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

reviews of wars yes. reviews on games NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! far too biased from the start.

reviews on hardware, possibly.

and i think reviews can be written on whatever :P this is a clan for everyones interests for example (something like brattys pic. thread gets lots of attention as does a variety of weird things!)

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Why would we do it on the forum?

That makes no sense, they'd get dropped and lost pretty quickely. I said to Skillers he should set up a private area for people to write stuff for the new site, but he hasnt done anything about it....

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

well then maybe there should be a separate area for reviews, articles, etc. cos it would get used IMO.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That's the point of the new stie. If you wish to get started on writing articles, I suggest doing it in a word document, I don't really see much point in a hidden forum section for it. Alternatively use the "save" feature of posts, rather than submit.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:38 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol no not private. i didnt say private. subsection i was suggesting. bt new website is cool as well. i will write articles if its not a prob, bt it will not be based on hardware or software, more things that interest me. therefore if i bore u, dnt moan @ me :)

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Aslong as it is still relevant to the site, that is fine.

And DHR suggested the private forum.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:46 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

ok lol, it should be private.

and the TCHS website should be interesting, i dnt want to read about the same thing all the time :P

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, well I was mainly thinking reports on clan activities. We've got CSS, which you could have wars to report on. Then there's TF2, aswell. After that we've got EVE, which we're currently trying to expand, and once we do we could be doing some interesting stuff, which may be interesting to read. Other expansions are being considered, aswell. We could also organise some clan events if possible. Other stuff, like opinions and guides could be helpful and interesting, also.

Basically, we will try and make it as interesting as possible, and what is written will be down to the authors, who are the users.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:23 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

lol, there is an inter clan war soon in the easter holidays so lots of ppl should be playing tht, including u skillers :P

Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

If I'm around, then yes. But shouldn't that be a completely different thread...

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:45 pm 

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Changed to standard topic.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:12 pm