It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Post subject: Re: Techious Site!

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
this webbie is important as the clan cannot enter leagues such as ED without a working website with player details etc.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:28 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Really? That seems like a strange requirement :/

Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:07 am 

Double Poster
Double Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

brataccas wrote:
bring back computersandconsoles.co.nr :evil:

Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:27 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LOL, jconserv killed that forum, but the co.nr site still exists.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:00 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: pankowski
loll, what was that ?

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The forum. Circa 2006.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:03 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

oooookk, soo was basically the old forum then?

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, from a long time ago.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:07 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

can i register ;)
going css now ta ta

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I just said that that one has been shut down completely, you can't even access it anymore.

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:09 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

ahyhhs sorry :/
still aint reading threads, how did he get that pic then?

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
It was very old I assume XD

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Old picture. At the time he was using it to demonstrate the site in Linux, I believe. That, or it could have been him replacing fonts with pragmata, that he was obsessed with.

(BTW, I'm assuming that the poster was actually Aaron)

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:12 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Skillers wrote:
(BTW, I'm assuming that the poster was actually Aaron)

Sorry about that, I was signed on as my girlfriend.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, I guessed as much!

Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:13 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

EnemyDown CS and CZ Clan Application Requirements and Information

All clan applications are checked by hand by the Clan Application admin team, so your application is not instant and therefore could take up to 72 hours.

Please do not pester any member of the admin team into processing your application as there is a dedicated team and your application cannot be seen by anyone not in this team.

If you are rejected you will be put to the back of the queue for your subsequent application(s) and you will need to wait on the queue again, so it is in your own interest to make sure your clan application meets the minimum requirements listed below.

DO NOT put multiple applications in as all will be rejected as we won't know which one to accept (if it meets requirements)

DO NOT fold your clan and start again to reset your results this will not be tolerated in any way.

If you feel you have been rejected unfairly please speak to the Head or Dep Head CS/CZ Admin.

- NO APPLICATIONS ARE FASTTRACKED -

You must meet all entry requirements prior to joining the ED Ladders.

1: EnemyDown Rules
All potential clans & clan leaders must read & understand the main EnemyDown rules and the section of rules pertaining to their game of choice.

2: A clan name / tag which is not offensive (sexist/racist)
If you think that it is funny or SMART to make a clan name with any form of derogatory or racist remark, ED hopes that your clan does well in your desired game but you will not be doing it in EnemyDown. Also, if after you have been accepted you decide to be wise to change your name to anything not appropriate to ED your clan may be removed.

3: A clan Website
Your clan must have an appropriate website (not a web page & not a forum: a WEBSITE!)

It is recommended that the website should have a domain name which matches the clan name or at least loosely matches it e.g.

clan: Fusion
TAG: {Fusion}
URL:] http://www.fusion.co.uk or http://www.clanfusion.isphostname.com

The following points are for the pages that should be on your site and must work fully, no under construction pages. Please remember to make these pages as accessible/visible as possible:

3.1 - Main page - All links working and leading to the correct pages

3.2 - About page - Giving some background information about your clan ( Where you come from, why you have created this clan etc )

3.3 - Members Page - You must have a minimum of FIVE (5) players (we recommend six players) listed and All members must have a dedicated section or page with information on each member; this MUST include their name, age, EMAIL ADDRESS & GAMING IDS (Steam ID's or PBGU:IDS). As a part of the final process of the clan application we check all gaming IDS against all know cheater databases.

If you have more than 5 members these profiles must be filled as well, although the rules state minimum of 5 players that does not mean we will only check for 5. If you have more than 5 then please provide their details as well.

3.4 - Results page - Screenshots are no longer required as you will play 5 matches in the Entry ladder before proceeding into the open ladder. You can if you wish put these on.

3.5 - Multiple games played - If you are a multi-gaming clan you must have a dedicated section for each game type and again with the above rules 1-4 being complied with.

3.6 - Multiple team clans - If your clan has more than one team then each team must meet the team requirements independently. You can have both teams listed on the one website, but they MUST be separated fully including a members page for each team listing only the members in that team and with the info required.

Clan application Admin will not sign up to your site to process your application, therefore please make sure that all required information is accessible without signing into your site.

Flash entries/Movies - These will not disqualify your application, but please make sure there is a SKIP function as Admin do not want to sit through a flash demo to pass your application.

Please provide your site in English and/or have a visible link to an English version: we can't judge what we can not read!

The more effort you put into your site the more serious we believe you are about playing sensibly and fairly in the EnemyDown gaming ladders.

4: A Valid IRC Channel (recognised by relevant network bots)

NO - IRC MAY NOT BE SUBBED BY XFIRE OR MSN

Read our IRC guide for full information:
http://www.enemydown.co.uk/forumreplies.php?id=44180

IRC is Useful for contacting friends getting help and advice:
/j #enemydown.co.uk for fellow ED players
/j #edadmins (only join this channel when you require help and advice)
/j #clanname channel (joining other clans channels will let you discuss with them matches, pcw's, and let you get to know other gamers).

IRC IS LIKE ANY OTHER CHATROOM - IN FACT ITS FAR LESS GOVERNED
ED implores you never ever give out personal information over any chat tool.
You do not & can not verify the identity of somebody on IRC; people may or may not be who they say they are.

Please note that the lack of an appropriate IRC channel is the BIGGEST reason for rejection of new clans to ED.

Also please specify which network your IRC channel is on GameSurge, Quakenet, EnterTheGame. QuakeNet is the most common IRC server used by EnemyDown Clans.

If your application is unsuccessful always read the email that is sent from the application admin. This will contain the area(s) which the site needs to have work completed. Please make sure you follow this and don't just resubmit the application as it will be rejected again.

The application Admin can be contacted if you have questions of issues. We are here to help you if you need it.

If you have completed everything above and your application is successful, then EnemyDown would like to welcome you to its gaming ladders and hope you have an enjoyable experience.

Back

Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

OMG Stringent or what?!

Jesus, imo, thats just plain over the top for regs... Having to have pages on every team and member O.o I guess not many places can fully meet most of those requirements... They are WAY to narrow minded...

Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

The bureaucracy, oh God the bureaucracy!

What is EnemyDown?

Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Enemy Down is a CSS tournament/league.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:10 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

which tchs will be entering when the next open signups is provided we meet the criteria, of course.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Which we won't, not for a while anyway...

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

So when is the site going live?

Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:17 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

im looking at getting the css clan an official website soon from xippy that do proffesional clan websites, this would enable the clan to enter tournaments such as enemy down. With a squad this would be an option - but i wanted peoples opinions of this first so thought i would post in here!

Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

What about the site?

Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

i already have a URL for the site, so si get back to me as to whether u want to use it (rather than ur own internet thingy mabob).

Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:04 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next