All times are UTC

FPS - Computer or Console?
Computer 91%  91%  [ 10 ]
Console 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post Post subject: Weekly Poll: FPS - Computer or Console

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
Yes, I'm doing a bad job keeping up with these... I'll do better when I'm back off holiday...

What would you rather play a First Person Shooter on, a computer or a console.

Also, discuss your favourites...

Enjoy! :)

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Weekly Poll: FPS - Computer or Console

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Computer, can't beat a mouse for accuracy (there's a reason console games have large amounts of autoaim).

Plus we get the better games.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:53 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Agreed. Keyboard and mouse makes for some extremely fast and precise FPS games. PC does get the better games and gets them at higher than HD resolutions, too.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: pankowski
if its first person shooting i prefer console.
but overall i prefer computer.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:16 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That reminds me, I need a better mouse, this one sucks.

And Pank, any reason you prefer consoles for FPS? I'm intrigued, especially as you love CSS...

Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:34 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Maybe he just likes to enjoy them from the confort of his sofa. :P

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:34 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Possibly, but just get a nice chair then. ;)

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:49 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

umm well i really like css, but consoles r more "simple" and i like simple things.
i meen css took me ages to get into. When i can play on computer games i prefer them vice versa.
im sorta changing atm, and thankyou verry much i have got a lovely chair :D

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
depends wot game ur playing tbh

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

true..

Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

yes, I have noticed a tend towards simplicity on consoles (compared to PCs). I guess it's just to do with the target market, PC gamers demand complexity and more seriousness than console gamers. I just think the controls on PC are so much better.

And Wynney, don't say Bioshock, it was designed as a multiplatform game from the start.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:00 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

id say tht consoles were used more for a leasure purpose and simply to pass the time rather than all out to try and get as gd as possible. so if u wnt to compete then pc bt for a bit of fun i find tht consoles r better

and bioshock owns!

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Possibly, but I find console controls frustrating. Probably just take getting used to.

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:04 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

to be honest im better at computers than i am at consoles... but i just find consoles different lol (not that i play on em much mor comps)

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

gd point grim. ive literally only been playing comp games for bout a year, and @ 1st the controls were v difficult to use. console controls feel v natural to me. i guess it jst depends wot u start out with as to what u prefer overall, as feeling comfortable on all formats takes some getting used to.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Wynney wrote:
gd point grim. ive literally only been playing comp games for bout a year, and @ 1st the controls were v difficult to use. console controls feel v natural to me. i guess it jst depends wot u start out with as to what u prefer overall, as feeling comfortable on all formats takes some getting used to.

That's an interesting point. I started out on pc, and have never been that good with consoles...

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:18 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

well ervery1s good at diferent things

Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:52 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, it's about what you have the most practise with, HOWEVER, PC controls are inherently more accurate (mouse), though perhaps the keyboard is a bit confusing at first, especially WASD controls. But I've been playing games for years on the comp and just do it naturally now.

I do agree that console controls are slightly more obvious, but they feel clumsy to me. Also, there doesn't seem to be a standard layout for controls, unlike PCs.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:19 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

yeah i agree changed my vote.
tbh i havent been on a console in 2 years lol, i just have fun memories from them.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

True, consoles can be fun when you have a bunch of people together, but I just like general PC gaming more.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:19 pm 

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Consoles are good for 3rd Person adventure games (Spiderman 3 for example) and racing games (Project Gotham Racing 4 for example)
PC is better for 1st Person shooting games like TF2 and CSS

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That's what this poll is/was about! Mouse FTW!

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:17 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: wigouche
pc much better as games on the pc quite often end up with more on them , iv even seen 1 case where they had 2 remove a hole v usful control thing 4 the consol vertion cause they run out of intutative botton cmands lol

the general comands i find are easyer on the pc but at the same time because u have 2 learn wha bottons acturly do sumin on a pc the consol is easyer 2 learn with out spending the minuit reading the manual lol :P correct me if im wrong though but also pc games 2 me are normaly much more standard controls , thers about 2 main waye the games contols r set up , but on console iv never played 2 games with the same contols except 4 movment though i havent played that many so im probably wrong lol

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:09 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

horribly wrong in fact!

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: wigouche
lol it would b good 2 get a bit more than just a random statement sayin im wrong and explain hw im wrong lol , and im only speaking of my expirience of where every fps iv played used a diff thing 2 swithc weps fire jump and crouch where as ever fps on pc prit much use c or ctrl 4 croutch (norm depending on if theres a prone mode lol ) space always jump switch weps always mouse weel and numbers , and fire always mouse click, u gt 2 rem tht iv only realy played halo 3 and some od thng on xbox and cod4 andd another of thing on the ps3 all of whitch had v different ways of doin everything but the simple task of moving around and aiming lol ( and in a completly unrelated thing 1 thing on the wii but as the entire contol system is completly diff it dnt count lol )

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:38 am 
 Profile E-mail