It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: My Theory into the END OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Apoligies to all who have emailed me, or tried to. My email was not shown. It now is. Please repeat your email if you have emailed before.

[size=18]My Theory into the END OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT[/size]

Just look at society today. Take a really good look. We build things on our planet out of resources that came from the planet itself. Now that?s fine with me, I?m no environmental person. However, what is bad is that we are polluting our atmosphere at a disastrous rate. We BURN things. We make metals such as steel. And then we build. We are like parasites.

Now hold on a minute you think. You say that ?We as human beings do our best to protect our planet and respect laws and ethics.? OH NO WE DON?T!!! It all started when some guv invented this small and insignificant thing called money. Small and insignificant you shout? You say ?I bet you use money despite writing this.? And I do use money. You can?t get through this world without it. If superior beings came and looked at our SMALL HIGHLY POLLUTED PLANET they might say: ?My God, look at these INSECTS. They give each other bits of copper and paper marked in UV (Ultra ? Violet) light to pick up that nutritional substance. WHAT MADDNESS!!!

Another problem is food, water, electricity, healthcare. These should be a RIGHT. Yet many people PAY for medical care. Doctors work for MONEY. Not all people are like that, some people work because they WANT to work. THESE people are the people of the RIGHT society. People who work for money and not for the good of the people/nation/planet do not CARE.

However, I hear you cry ?What the hell has this got to do with the end of life as we know it?? The answer is simple, that WE, as human beings will bring about our own destruction. It is only a matter of time before the environment is changed IRREVERSABLY. Maybe even before that, our main energy sources will run out. Our very lives will change, our EXISTANCE WILL BE THREAENED.?

Now don?t get me wrong here, this is just the environmental side of things. If these things don?t greatly increase the risk of our EXTINCTION, there are OTHER RISK FACTORS.

Most people are aware of nuclear bombs, hydrogen bombs, and other weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION. Many countries have these WMD?s. It is just a matter of waiting time before we have the war that destroys THE WORLD. Right now, I sound like a nut. Another one of those loony?s mumbling on about boring FACTS. PEOPLE DO NOT CARE. We are faced with imminent destruction, it WILL come. Look at America?s hard-line attitude to other countries such as Iraq. They were believed to have been developing nuclear weapons. The Americans feared that they would use those weapons to threaten ?world peace.? As a result, America mashed them. Now whether Iraq or any other country starts a nuclear war or not is well open to debate. HOWEVER, there are other countries in the world with nuclear capabilities. America has a VAST nuclear arsenal, which they could use on any country they wished to. Now, I?m not saying that America is going to try and destroy the world, but look at their foreign attitude to other countries. Now I know that Sadam Hussain was an evil man who killed many people. However, what right did America have to enter his country, Iraq? They said he was developing nuclear weapons (which was later discovered to be false). He probably could have done, but didn?t. And also, look at Vietnam in the 1960?s and 70?s. The American?s just rushed in because they feared the spread off communism through the domino theory (that the countries of Asia would fall to communism one by one, like falling domino?s). This did not happen, and the American?s eventually gave up with Vietnam.

HOWEVER, the point I am trying to make is that America fears other countries gaining nuclear weapons, and attacking other countries. What are the Americans doing? The answer is that they do not want any other country to gain the upper hand over them.

The main point from this, is that one day, a country that has developed nuclear weapons is going to strike back at the Americans if the Americans choose to invade them. This would provoke a FULL SCALE WORLD WIDE NUCLEAR WAR!!! While people reading this may think of that as dramatic, however there are alliances in this world (NATO for example). One event would lead to another.

Of course, it does not have to be the Americans. It could be any country with nuclear weapons. I was merely stating the Americans based on recent events. The Cold War also brought this world close to World War III. However, this crisis has passed and no war occurred.

Finally, for conclusion, what can YOU do? The answer I?m afraid is very little, unless you are the leader of a country in this world. Climate change can only be curbed if all of the countries in the world unite in a GRAND PLAN to stop the damage to our environment (like that?s ever going to happen). The same can be said for nuclear war. Some people do not seem to realise just how large the nuclear arsenal of the world is. The weapons stored up by the USSR and the USA had the capacity to destroy the planet several times over. These are two major problems facing our civilisation. Unfortunately, there is a third.

And alliance between every country in the world through a new order in the world, determined to set humanity on the right path is our only chance of survival.

Communism and Capitalism are different forms of government. Communism can be hard to achieve, and as shown with the now non-existent USSR, it can have many adverse effects. However this is not about communism, it is about capitalism, and the use of money. I mentioned this earlier about how our society revolves around it. I now intend to explain Capitalism. I believe that Capitalism has a longer life than Communism (based on what happened to the USSR). However, I believe that Capitalism will eventually bring about our destruction as a society. Trade, is where the roots of Capitalism lie. It is a self-destructive form of government, driven by greed. Once under Capitalism, it is difficult to then break away. If people want to do something, they will usually need lots of money to finance this. This is as I said above.

Eventually, in the future, prices will begin to rise. There will be a lack of consumers to buy products due to everyone owning everything they need, and having too much money to spend. This would result in an equivalent of a Wall Street Crash. Society would crumble, and poverty would be rife.

This is the prediction most based on theory. The others actually have more fact around them. This prediction is also the least severe of the three predictions that I have made. Despite Capitalism?s flaws, with careful management, we may one day safely move away from this and avoid any ?Crash.?

Finally (for real this time), I would just like to state a few things here in case any people who read this get the wrong idea:

1. In all my ramblings here, this has absolutely nothing to do with terrorism, which is just wrong. I do not have anything to say on this subject.

2. Any countries/names mentioned here are used as examples, in attempting to predict the end. I am NOT saying that those specified will cause humanities destruction.

3. I am no revolutionary, I have no intention of overthrowing Capitalism or anything like that. Therefore no secret police should come looking for me.

4. This article is intended to offend NO ONE. This article is a warning, not an insult. The beginning might be more full of anger at the start than in the later parts, however this is directed at humanity in general and it?s shortcomings.

5. This article is mine, conceived and typed by me, Master Bob (aka Species of the forum stated below). There is no copyright protecting this, however if for some reason or other a person(s) wishes to copy this and place this on their site, I must request that it remain unedited and still have credit to me on it.

6. This article is in no way intended to inspire people to become revolutionaries and to overthrow their governments. However, this article is intended to make the important issues affecting humanity known, and to hopefully bring this to light for the leaders of countries in this world.

7. If you have any queries on the article, I can be reached at my friend?s forum which is compsandcons.jconserv.net . I am Species on that forum, a moderator. Please PM me any questions on what is said here. If anything in this article troubles/annoys/offends/insults/disturbs/shocks you and you wish to advise me on whither a part of this should be changed, consult me on the forum. If you do not wish to use the forum my email can be found there, which you can instead use to email me. I have refrained from placing my email directly here to prevent me from being bombarded with much spam.

8. The above forum is not just intended for people who have complaints with my article. If you enjoyed/agree with my article, I would like to know.

9. The above forum is not just for my article itself either; If you are interested in computers (hardware and software) or games (PC and console) then discuss it there. This forum is not among the largest, but there is many a genius there who may be able to help with any problems you may have with anything technical. There is also people there who will provide you with good conversation. There is an off topic section for discussion of non-technical related subjects.

I hope you found the above article interesting and informative.

By Master Bob/Species (of aaronweb.no-ip.com/p/t)

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

If VD's got earned in this section, I would have earned the 20 for that.

It took me ages.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
I'll respond properly when I can.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:18 pm 

Post Post subject:

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

omg huge post, sorry I dont think I could read all that Embarassed

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I did, quite interesting.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:46 pm 

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Basically, at the end of the day, Microsoft are evil robbing bar stewards, and the open source Linux developers will prevail in the end.

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:13 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

That had nothing to do with the 1st post, lol...

Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:30 pm 

Post Post subject:

Yes, but it is a perfectly good theory.

[i]There are those who suspect that Microsoft has its own private army, and is preparing for total domination of the world. . .[/i]

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

It's called Windows, it's on 95% of all computers, and we depend on computers.

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:07 pm 

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
But did you ever hear the classic joke?

Q. Why is a computer like an air conditioning system?
A. Because they don't work when you open Windows.

Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yup, too true.

Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:52 pm 

Post Post subject:

Hur.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

What?

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:51 am 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Well Species your ideas are all very interesting. However. If Communism did work. America would of LOST the Cold war. The USSR had a much better factory work ethic and the only reason the lost is because they ran out of MONEY.

Basically what you are saying is that if money had not been invented, non of what has happened in history would of done. Im afraid to say this, but money is a pivotal part of the world.

My area of specialisation (Motorsport) is going Green slowly. Audi won at Le Mans with a Diesel car, IndyCras are going 100% Ethanol nest year and the BTTC is looking to have a Bio-Fuel only championship, Australia hosts an annual Solar powered race across their vast desert (Honda have won on many Occasions) and apparently Diesel power is allowed in most of the major series' but it cant compete with petrol cars. As a last fact, one crossing for a Jumbo from london to New York uses more fuel than an [b]ENTIRE[/b] F1 season.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:52 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Your history is ALMOST correct Starbucks.

The Soviet Union did not just collapse because of lack of money.

It's government had been restricting freedom for years.

When Gorbachev began to allow more freedom, the Eastern states cried for more.

They began to break away in the years 1989, 1990, etc.

This was the main 'collapse.'

There was also a military coup, which could have been a bloodbath which was prevented by Boris Yeltsin, who later took power.

He was brave enough to stand in front of Soviet tanks, of whom he dared to shoot him. They did not, and he showed that he was the man in power.

Communist collapse was pretty much complete at that point.

The USSR had been bankrupt for ages anyway, and just ran out of hard cash. Foreign currency was very important to the Soveit Union - they actually had shops that only foreigners were allowed to use. They were that desperate for foreign currency.

I do know quite a bit of modern history. The large first post is not just a pile of crud. I worked hard on that.

Finally, the document above IS STATING that money is a pivotal point of modern society. What I am saying is that money is the reason society has evolved as it has.

Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:44 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Have I put everyone into shock or something?

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Nope. I thought I'd replied?! Anyway, without money society wouldn't be nearly as advanced as it is now - it is our incentive to do stuff.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:10 pm 

Post Post subject:

It is also our incentive to trade. We thrive on rewards, such as progress.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yes, ironic that most progress is caused by war, which is started by greed for money and power. War is good in that it accelerates progress, but causes large amounts of damage at the same time (bad).

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:15 pm 

Post Post subject:

Exactly, for example: While the nuclear bomb would probably have been researched anyway, it's research pace was quickened because of World War 2.

It was only a matter of time before Nazi Germany had a nuclear bomb.

Some people don't realise just how close Germany was to acomplishing that goal.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yes, but it was very unlikely that they would have - they had to cut back on research to try and stop the allies.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:40 pm 

Post Post subject:

Ya, but it was a close thing.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Hmm, maybe, I don't know much about the German atomic program, apart from that they had heavy water plants (which are required for atomic bombs, IIRC).

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:11 pm 

Post Post subject:

IIRC?

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

If I Remember Correctly.

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:04 pm