It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Re: Wikileaks

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
I think ever since 2000 (BB First series) the worlds attention to things has gone to pot. I'm sure the way A LOT of peoples minds work these days, to stop student protests (I know its the wrong thread) they should have put an extra X-Factor on or something, that would stop them. *FACEPALM*. I pretty much agree with you Markus, whats going on with Julian Assange is disgraceful, it makes me feel sick for being part of (one of) the country after him for what, publishing leaked documents? I know let's sue the person who told us there were leaks, not the people who leaked it!!! But it doesn't matter now because the US are tightening security to stop more leaks. If they really wanted to stop leaks... surely this work should have happened before? *FACEPALM #2*

As for those links Ogris, I haven't looked at the second one, but it seems like from the first that there really is some worldwide issues arising from all of this. On the other hand, I suppose it is good to see that America doesn't control everything. Then again, when the US disables your domain... there is always underground...

I mean, America can't stop that, right? *FACEPALM #3*

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The charges against him seem unusually convenient and my uninformed unintelligent opinion reckons they might have been fabricated. That ultimately seems pretty daft as Wikileaks has hardly released anything dangerous or so I thought. Merely some stuff that is embarrassing to politicians. It's probably the potential of what the site could do that worries the US government, etc.

Anyway, what's prosecuting him going to do exactly? Aren't there a stupid number of wikileaks mirrors out there now?

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
I enjoy reading this topic. Haven't really got much to contribute though ><

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
SEND_HIM_TO_DA_CH...[air]OPPA

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Metty, some of the stuff is pretty dangerous, notably world leaders slagging other world leaders off, including those with which tense would be a light descriptor for the relationship.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:30 am 

Skillers wrote:
Metty, some of the stuff is pretty dangerous, notably world leaders slagging other world leaders off, including those with which tense would be a light descriptor for the relationship.

Well there's that, but it's hardly invasion plans and so on. They should be sensible and assume that everyone hates everyone else. Mostly.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
i'm not sure what to think of all this, Simon Cowell really needs to speak up.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Should we host a WL mirror :p

Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Si wrote:
Should we host a WL mirror :p

Would we even have enough space for it? Also wouldn't there be the risk of our server provider 'pulling the plug' if we did?

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Please let this be true (for the name)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... Force.html

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail