It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: debate!

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
who watched it?

thoughts, comments?

I'm more leaning towards labour / lib dem to be honest. More so Lib dem but I doubt they will get in. Hopefully labour and lib dem get all the votes!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:06 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: debate!

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
From this and Facebook I'm guessing there was a large televised political debate?

Also, will probably be Tories victory with Labour and Lib Dems close together. Larger percent for the minor parties than usual.

Of course, I know shit all about politics, sooo...

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:46 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

haha, indeed. I think it's a very interesting election because it's not clear cut who will get in (the last election I really never expected tories to get in over labour but I wouldn't be surprised in this election if they were to get in).

There was indeed a live television debate which you can still catch online which is what I did, was busy earlier watching THE GREATEST CSS MOVIE OF ALL TIME (not an understatement).

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: BartmanTaz
Having watched it just now, I agree that the lib dems and labour came out on top. It was so obvious that Cameron could not and would not tell the truth about his parties plans, which will likely be much more devastating to the economy now, then a so called "tax on jobs" in a years time when the recovery is well under-way. It is a such a small amount of money for individuals, and the reason the top one hundred business men don't like it is because it is going to cost them a fair amount due to the fact they employ so many people.

But these are the companies that can afford it. Considering we have some of the best tax rates for businesses in the world it's about time we took a little slice of the action even if only as a temporary measure; this is also taking into account the fact that labour has just cut business rates by a huge amount recently, I forget what my father told me but he has saved well over 60% which is equivalent to a good few thousand pounds and I feel that this is the story across the UK especially for small businesses that hire only a few staff. And for those not hiring any or very few (below ten), have, as such, essentially been giving a grant by the government for being an entrepreneur.

I really would love to see labour lose 50% of their MP share to the lib dems and force a coalition, headed up by the lib dems. This would mean the very best people from both parties getting the best jobs ; and I feel this is exactly what we need right now. It would essentially eliminate the trade union influence on the current government while getting some of the brightest people into the roles, where they are needed.

I thought ITV spent a bit less money on that graphic at the start then they should have though XD

Voted for and funded by Scottie UK Ltd.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
All this drama.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:44 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I think my vote will count the most.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Disregarding the fact you can't vote, http://www.voterpower.org.uk/ says Derbyshire votes are pretty weak.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:24 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

http://www.voterpower.org.uk/hull-east

According to this there is literally no point in me even voting, yep we need at the very least a small percentage of proportional representation. I will however still vote as John Prescott is retiring so I'm hopeful the lib dems will come through especially considering the amount of advertising they have done.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

0.640 for me. Hmm

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:20 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Apparently you need a card or something to vote, which sounds like hard work to me.

Also, I wouldn't know who to vote for as I don't know who stands for what, and generally can't understand the long words they use.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:36 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

A card gets sent to you in the post at the address they have registered to you. Or at least I got a card in the post. You can also apply to vote by post itself (rather than going into a polling station).

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:08 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Skillers wrote:
I know shit all about politics

Same.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Aaron, if you wish to vote, this may be useful, though personally I think they're all lying anyway.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:33 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Well not everything they say will happen will happen. Ofc it doesn't ever work like that it can still be tricky to put bills through + something can change that would mean doing what they promise would <LOOK MA, I AM SWEARING> our economy up.

I always think with labour you're promising all this now but you've been in charge 10+ years to have already done this? I really think tories getting into power will be very dangerous for the country - especially if they do what they promise (I don't think it's actually possible to do what they've promised).

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

What have they promised?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

conservatives seem to think they can spend more in certain areas whilst maintaining current spending in other sectors. No idea where they're intending to get the money from though!

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Not as bad as the Green Party, got a leaflet from them saying they wanted to reduce tax, the working week etc and still increase spending on loads of stuff.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:21 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

green party has no chance of getting in, especially as they've said they will increase tax on fuel.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

How much is the tax on fuel right now?

Isn't it like 40p per litre before tax or something crazy?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

it was 64p in 2007. No idea what it is now.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:59 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Closer to 60p, then there's VAT ontop aswell.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:01 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Maybe I was told the VAT was 40p.

This was ages ago, which is why I can't remember and why it's a little bit off (but the math still pretty much works)

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

and they keep putting it uppppppppppp hoorayyyyyy

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

VAT can't be 40p, it's 17.5%. It probably was 40p about 5-10 years ago.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:39 pm 

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Yeah I know putting a tax on a finite resource, which funds the NHS, such bull. :/

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:37 am 
 Profile E-mail