It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: If the world could vote

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
http://www.iftheworldcouldvote.com/

Interesting.

Basically, what does the world think of the US presidential elections.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:17 am 

Post Post subject: Re: If the world could vote

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
definately obama :P

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:19 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Yeah, I did aswell. It's about 90% to Obama ATM.

Interesetingly, the highest McCain vote (from a country with more than 100 votes, statistics and all that), is Macedonia with 90% then the Czech Reublic with 45%. After that it's Israel with 39%, Venezuala with 37% and Poland with 27%. The rest are below 20%.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:24 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

just makes it interesting as to who will actually win, considering the USA is inherently (Im talking about the Deep South in particular who were particularly in dislike of other ethnicities getting more rights) racist (its better now, but many could never imagine a female or black president). But Obama is definately the better candidate of the two from what i have read into.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:28 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I have no idea what in the world is going on. Literally.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:32 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Just some proof (that a lot of Americans are stupid).

Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:25 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

im glad you used a lot because some Americans are nice, normal people :)

Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, I know very well there are a lot of good people in America. The problem is the proportion of stupid people seems to be pretty high, enough to blindly elect someone because they're a bunch of racist idiots who won't even consider someone who has a foreign name. Those people really are stupid.

I mean... terrorist?! WTF? They think a leading presidential candidate could be a freeking TERRORIST?!

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

looks like theyve been playing too much css tbh :P

i know what you mean about the US, but im fairly sure change will have to happen eventually. though of course many people in the US. would be ignoring the fact that all of them have originated from many different countries in the first place

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, the fact that most people in America are pretty much immigrants (albeit 3rd generation +) is usually ignored. From quite a lot that I've seen of the typical American, they seem to be stuck in their own little world, thinking that they rule the world... with only 5% of the world's population (China and India combined have over 35%).

I hope Obama wins, jsut because it will show the Rednecks that they're all idiots. Plus, Palin is an idiot and McCain is obsessed with being a PoW from what I've seen.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:53 pm 

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: gozzer25
I lol'ed.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kris_to_offer
well of india and china.. if indias population continue growing like this they will soon have 35% of the worlds population.
(btw to many racist)

USA could need more people to choose between in the president election .. to bad its only the republicans and the democrats (if im not wrong england has something simular the labor party and... )

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Britains main parties are New Labour and Conservatives. Though of course there are many more parties both in the UK and the USA

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

main parties guess that was the word i was looking for :P
in my opinion there are to few

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Technically the UK is a 3 party system, but LibDems never win much. There are lots of parties in both the US and the UK, just only 2 get enough support, and ocourse, everyone knows ne of the two will win, so they vote only or them (snowball effect).

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:22 pm 

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

still strange for me:D here in norway we have 10 parties + (cant forget the communist party^^)

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

And are those parties on an even footing, or are there a couple that stand out in all the votes? If it's the latter, it's actually the same in the UK and US, just you never hear about the others.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:28 pm 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

if you include the lib dems in a party system is the UK you need to include the BNP that also get around the same amount as the l.d. atm

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Seriously? The BNP is tiny though :/ And a load of racist idiots.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:35 pm 

Ultra Poster
Ultra Poster

almost all the parties are on "footing" maybe except the communist party:D

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

the bnp is actually getting more support all the time, rather ridiculously...

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail