It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Which is the best country

Mega Poster
Mega Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A debate that has been raging between my brother and myself which country in the world canbe considered the "best". The problem with this topic is thatit all depends on your personality.

I believe anyone who knows me will know my favourite country but for those of you who dont it is JAPAN. I have many reasons for this, here are a few: Japanese culture puts high emphasis on respecting others and manners,any country that likes Sci-Fi to the level Japan does deserves admiration, Japan has the third lowest violent crime rate in the world, Japanese history is EXTREMELY intersting to study, and I am also an Otaku which would be impossible if I did not like Japan.

For the record the rest of the top five goes like this
2. Canada (Anyone who doesn't like Canada must be a sociopath)
3. Norway (Statistcally the best country in the world)
4. Holland (The most liberal country in the world)
5. Costa Rica (Huge amount of animal life and protected reserves, plus they are extremely non-violent as they have no Army)

http://s8.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=142718

Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Which is the best country

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
they are only 2 things i cant stand in this world.
people who are intolerant of other peoples cultures, and the dutch.

by that argument i would also rank japan pretty high, but they are some strange things about japan.

EDIT: just remembered, they have Hideo Kojima, Akira Toriyama and Shigeru Miyamoto. considering that there in my top 5

Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
Britains good, be happy with what u have :P

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Japan is pretty good, as is South Korea (cmon, they have insane internet and video games are a national pastime!)

I've been to 3 of your top 5, lol.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:03 pm 

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

your never happy with what you have Wynney :p
Korea also has Kim Jong-il :)

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

yes, but im different!

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Wynney wrote:
Britains good, be happy with what u have :P

Yeah, britain is good. U know, apart from petrol prices, tv licensing, tuition fees, the weather, chavs, mud, the weather, litter, the weather, gangs, terrorists, the economy, gordon brown, ugly buildings and the weather, yes, britain is a good place 2 live in.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

no-oneissaying their top five.

Bits of britain are nice namely the south west, and not the British.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:06 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
New Zealand.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:27 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
McWill wrote:
Korea also has Kim Jong-il :)

That's NORTH Korea...but I still don't think Korea would be up there.
Scotland.
For it's crazy explosive cyclopsssesssesss

Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
I think Finlands a pretty good place.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:42 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Banned
Banned

Steam Login Name: link0704
sweeden

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

north korea is still korea

Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:07 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

in a more generalised more northern area!

Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Russia. If they can actually get themselves mobilised properly, they are a dangerous force to be reckoned with.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

that doesnt mean u should live there though!

Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Banned
Banned

Steam Login Name: link0704
for me russia lost my vote wen they started on where evere they did was uncalled for

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

I wud love 2 visit canada some day, it looks really gud. Any country with snowy winters and warm summers is a gud country in my book.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

Steam Login Name: dobars
I think the best country would have to be..........................................................................................Ibiza in Spain
The clubbing is absolutely amazing the best time of my life i had! :D:D:D

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

clearly you havent been to oceana in swansea on freshers night then!

Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

Steam Login Name: dobars
lmfao ok then wynney :) I dont think i have :P

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage

Steam Login Name: pet13
freezze12 wrote:
A debate that has been raging between my brother and myself which country in the world canbe considered the "best". The problem with this topic is thatit all depends on your personality.

I believe anyone who knows me will know my favourite country but for those of you who dont it is JAPAN. I have many reasons for this, here are a few: Japanese culture puts high emphasis on respecting others and manners,any country that likes Sci-Fi to the level Japan does deserves admiration, Japan has the third lowest violent crime rate in the world, Japanese history is EXTREMELY intersting to study, and I am also an Otaku which would be impossible if I did not like Japan.

For the record the rest of the top five goes like this
2. Canada (Anyone who doesn't like Canada must be a sociopath)
3. Norway (Statistcally the best country in the world)
4. Holland (The most liberal country in the world)
5. Costa Rica (Huge amount of animal life and protected reserves, plus they are extremely non-violent as they have no Army)

Just something you might want to know about....

They have the highest teenage suicide rates world wide

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/4071805.stm
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/asiapacific/features/article_1222647.php/Bullying_is_behind_teen_suicide_wave_in_Japan

personally i feel this issue knocks japan out of my top 5.

My top 5 are:

1 England (because we're just great :P )
2 Scotland (because some of the view are breath taking)
3 America i like the American way of life)
4 Australia (the wild life and life style)
5 Egypt (because I like the history of it)

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Well Pet, I can also in form you that Teenage suicide is the third most common cause of death in Canada.

I am now going to point out the faults in your list; England, most of the english are not very nice people, the only exceptions I find are the northern Welsh, and those from the west country, all others tend to be very close minded and too easily influenced by the behaviour of others. AScotland is neutral to me I have no real care or distain for the scottish but I will say I am not a fan of rocky terrain. I can't believe you have america, 85% of americans are racist, America is the country that contributes to global warming the most and their culture is centred around the how the individual owes himself to his country, which is total BULLSHIT. Austrailia fine I guess. Egypt their secret police force arrests and executes, without trial, anyone who is caught preaching a religion that is not Islam.

God Damn America

Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

japan makes soup out of Penis.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
Really?

Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail