It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Pokemon lulz

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
This probably likely to be a very long post as to what I'm doing and trying to explain it...

Not really a challenge in the usual sense, but I am attempting to train every Pokemon (excluding legendaries) in the game. I nearly completed my goal before Gen V came out, but failed and now I have slipped back a little because of the increase in Pokemon reducing my completion percentage. I have been keeping track of the majority of this since the start of Generation 3 (this is because I can transfer and keep them in the current gen)...

I'll upload a googledocs spreadsheet or something so anyone can see how far I've gotten. By my maths I am currently sitting at just over 70% for all Pokemon (427/602). 602 is the number of Pokemon excluding Legendaries (Including Birds, Dogs/Beasts, Golems, Fairies and Musketeers).

The current lists for each Pokedex are as follows:

Region DexNo. Of PkmnPkmn TrainedPercentage
Kanto Dex14612887.7%
Johto Dex967377.7%
Hoenn Dex12410685.5%
Sinnoh Dex928188.0%
Unova Dex14210976.8%
OVERALL60249782.6%

This list is not individual Pokemon, for example I am not training Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur separately, just one run with the Venusaur line on my team. As far as I am aware, I have trained *everything* that learns Fly (minus Delibird, Mandibuzz and Hydreigon + Legendaries). It just so happens that you don't need fly really in Gen V so that problems solves itself.

Runs through each game:

Sapphire: 3 or 4 (1 Nuzlocke run)
Ruby: 1
Emerald (ROM): 2 (1 WIP)
Diamond: 1 (Storage and Complete dex game 493/493)
Pearl: 5 (1 WIP)
Platinum: 1
Heart Gold: 1
Soul Silver: 7 (1 WIP)
Black: 1
White: 17 (1 WIP)

Just for the hell of it I've made cards using an external website :D I'll only put a few down from my favourite teams though (not all the cards I made).

Image Image Image

So yeah I'll be periodically updating this as I get through more and more and then basically I can complete this challenge before Gen 6 starts :D Tbh, this is kind of a place holder before I post this somewhere else :P I don't know if the table code will work on other forums though, but still :)

UPDATE #1: Finished my 9th play on White, will start 10th soon :)
UPDATE #2: Nearly finished Number 10 on White, special Sandstorm team next
UPDATE #3: Sandstorm team down 12 type team is being played!
UPDATE #4: Added all my new teams and have decided on my final team before BW2 is launched

Spoiler for Trainer Cards!:

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Pokemon lulz

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
So you're going through each game multiple times with different Pokemon until you've completed the game with every Pokemon playing an important role in your victory?

Also, the table code probably won't work - it was custom added on this forum.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:21 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

In short, yes. There are some who don't play an important part and get dragged along kicking and screaming. But 9/10 I end up with a full team of 50ish Pokemon which I'm happy with :)

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
What are the conditions for a Pokemon to be considered trained? Reaching a certain level?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:43 pm 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Yeah basically. One play through of 5th gen (beating The Elite 4 and "The End Boss" is considered a play through) is enough to get most things to Lv 45~50 (Maybe higher than that, but I haven't had anything lower than 45 by the end of the game). That encompasses most Pokemon natural learn sets and evolutions. Obviously there are outliers to this such as the Pseudo-Legendaries (Dragonite/Tyranitar/Salamence/Metagross/Garchomp/Hydreigon) and Rufflet->Braviary/Vullaby->Mandibuzz (Lv 54) and Larvesta->Volcarona (Lv 59). I will likely train Volcarona in an already complete game, but having done Braviary, Mandibuzz is possible.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn

Come at me Skillers!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:26 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
sounds good, nice dedication ^^
i've yet to play the newest games or even the emerald i've had on my shelf for about 4 years xD may bust out the ol' DS sometime :)
may also load up ye old shoddy battle thing for a game sometime if y'all interested?

p.s. - hawke, i respond to your challenge, GLHF GG

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:53 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

It's all on Pokemon Online now McWill :P Shoddy went out of fashion like 2 years ago or something :P

And also, Uber Legendaries are for noobs :| lol ;)

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:03 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
oh wow was it really that long ago sinse i played? ^^'
i'll look up this 'new' one then.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:49 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
McWill wrote:
p.s. - hawke, i respond to your challenge, GLHF GG

Plz, why so EZ brotoss?
Me use Ice Beam, your team all freeze, me win with luck rather than strats, EZPZ! WADDUP NOW SWEDEZ?! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Legendaries are fine. As long as both parties are clear on whether or not they can be used (and to what extent the term "legendary" applies) there's no problem. It doesn't make you a noob for using them; it's a game and you're free to use whatever pokemon fits your strats best or whichever ones you like most (and admittedly most legendaries look really cool) at the end of the day.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:36 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Nearly at the end of my current White play through. Going to attempt a special team on my next one because Hippopotas is difficult to acquire with it's Dream World ability. So I'm going to attempt an in game Sandstorm team. It'll give me a chance to finish of training some rock/steel types I haven't yet done (Bisharp and Forretress for Steels is all I have remaining) and abuse some abilities (Mandibuzz's Overcoat). Omastar and Armaldo will round it out. Rock types gain a special defence boost in Sandstorm which means their rather mediocre special defence is balanced out with their usually high physical defence.

Also, by sheer coincidence, each Pokemon will only evolve once. Love discovering random facts about a team after its been decided lol :P

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:47 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Is done :) Didn't even have to switch anyone out in the Final Match because of the strength of my team in Sandstorm. I got a little lucky in that the "Boss" changed the weather when one of his Pokemon would of massively welcomed my weather.

I'm now working on a 12 type team with some of the things left over which I wanted to train for awhile. Nidoqueen, Emolga, Gallade, Corsola, Froslass and Leavanny should be a nice team :) 3 Pokemon evolve 3 times, 2 don't evolve and one evolves twice :D

Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail