It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Knight's of the Old Republic (spoilers!)

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

This is intended to be my second proper playthrough of this game. I did originally try to play the game a second time as a dark side character after I completed it the first time as a light side character. I never finished it though.

When I first played it through, my character began as a 'soldier', I made him highly proficient at melee weapons, dual weilding swords (until I got some lightsabres), then I pushed on levelling up Force heal, with was pretty much the only power I used. ><

What failed with my previous Game Diaries was that I either got overloaded with uploading screenshots, got bored after trying to do too much at once, or didn't do anything. This time I really will finish it I promise. :P

To begin with I've set my character to be called Metritutus (a different name from my first which was something like 'THE MIGHTY KRULL!'). I've chosen a male Scoundrel for my starting class and stacked him up with intelligence, wisdom and charisma and left the other attributes for his skills at default. I also gave him a fair bit of persuade. This means he will most probably be useless at direct combat. ><

Still, now to actually begin playing. I'm running in a window so I can update this post and subsequent posts by typing as I play. I may even post a few screenshots. But I may well find it easier just typing a thousand words than posting a picture.

I hit play.

A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away....I find myself aboard a ship called the Endar Spire that is in dire straits as it plunges towards a planet whilst under attack by Sith forces. I've been through worse.

A man named Trask Ulgo has rushed in, and informed me that we have to rescue this person called Bastila at all costs, which means we must reach the bridge. So, after collecting some gear from the back of the room and really having no idea what I'm doing, I set off. The music's really great in this game, it's one of my favourite things about it.

I've equipped my blaster pistol with the full intention of trying to ask questions first and shoot later as I doubt I'll be able to hit anyone with it.

So I fight my way through some Sith troopers. Fortunately Trask is able to hit people with his blaster, and I've scored a few hits. I am liking the frag grenades quite a bit however. They deal a sizable amount of damage.

Anyway, having reached the bridge I've been told that I need to equip a melee weapon before I proceed. In fact, the game won't let me go on if I don't, so I equip a long sword and head on to the bridge. Trask suggested he should have a melee weapon rather than a blaster but I ignored his suggestion. He can provide fire support.

Heading on to the bridge there's some pesky Sith to deal with, but unfortunately no Bastila. This means according to Trask that Bastila must have headed for the escape pods. The Sith apparently want Bastila alive, and that once she's escaped in said pod, there is nothing to stop the Sith atomising the Endar Spire. Wonderful.

At this point I am able to level up, and the game won't let me proceed again until I've done so (it's the tutorial part you see, quite restrictive but very helpful). I add more skill points on to persuade in order to control the weak minded later on (this isn't force persuade, mind - that comes later, I have no force powers just yet). I also gain the feat of Medium Armour Proficiency.

Onwards through the next door, and Trask then runs ahead. He opens another door and shock horror there's a Dark Jedi waiting for him. Trask yells that he's selflessly going to 'hold off' the Dark Jedi to buy me time. He's clearly lost it but I don't have a choice as the door blows up sealing me off from him. I head on to the starboard section of the ship and then get contacted by a Carth Onasi informing me I'm the last surviving crew member. I guess this means Trask didn't make it (or last that long). I've got to get to the escape pods and don't have long to do it.

I head on through and use stealth to sneak past a Sith guard. Only to run in to another two who get the grenade treatment. Carth then informs me that there's a small army of Sith on the other side of the next door and offers me multiple options for dealing with them - activitating a nearby combat droid or hacking a nearby computer terminal and frying everyone on the other side by overloading a power conduit. I go for the latter.

Beyond them is Carth, and more importantly, the escape pods! I hop in to one of those with Carth and we blast away from the Endar Spire, which duely explodes. The pod then crash lands on Taris.

After some nightmare about a Jedi fighting a Sith, I wake up to find Carth. We are in some apartment of sorts. He says the Sith are in control of the planet and have declared martial law and the whole planet is under quarantine preventing any ships from arriving or leaving. The Sith really are determined to hunt down Bastila, whom we still have to find assuming she's still alive. Carth belives she is, and even if she isn't we have to look for her anyway as she is vital to the war effort against the Sith. Apparently.

We (me and Carth) are going to be using the abandoned apartment as a base of operations whilst we try to locate Bastila. He's heard that a couple of escape pods were seen to crash in the 'Undercity', so it looks like we'll be searching there. Fortunately the Sith aren't looking for a couple of soldiers like us, and hopefully things will stay that way.

That marks the end of the first entry, I'll post the second after I've played through some more of it. Feel free to comment and discuss, or alternatively post suggestions/point out errors or mistakes (there may well be a few as I typed it fairly quickly). :)

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:47 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Knight's of the Old Republic (spoilers!)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

So the beginning of the second entry.

To recap, I just escaped the Endar Spire with someone called Carth, and I need to find a Jedi called Bastila, and I won't be much good in combat. Onwards!

I leave my apartment and bump in to a Sith raid on some nearby aliens. 'THEY'RE REPUBLIC FUGITIVES! ATTACK!' A good start.

I get up to the surface of Taris, and wonder around for a bit. I then find some goons threatening some unfortunate citzen who owes money to some 'Davik' guy. I take care of the goons and he scarpers. I then get to level up! More points to my persuade skill will see me extorting credits out of everyone I can find. I also increased my security skill - no locks shall hold me.

After wondering in to a Medical facility I've been told about Rakghoul syndrome, and the lack of a cure for it, and that the Sith patrols in the undercity might have it. Grabbing that cure would nail me some more credits...

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail