It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Rebs Nuzlocke Challenge - Pokemon Soul Silver *Spoilers* !

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rebellion935
Quote:
The rules: **NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE*

-If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it.

-Every time you reach a new route, cave, etc., you must catch the very first Pokemon you see, regardless of your current number of party members. The Pokemon may sit within the box for an indeterminate amount of time as a backup.

-If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, you may not catch another. Tough shit.

-This means you can not catch a pokemon in a route you were in before you could catch pokemon. So no route 1, you were there before you had pokeballs.

-If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift Pokemon like Bill's Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.

-You must nickname your pokemon so there is some sort of attachment. Each pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking.

-If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.

-Treat pokeballs as rare artifacts; at no point can you buy more than one from each store. You should only use ones you find in the wild or are awarded.

-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to get a second pokemon from any given area.

-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle. If you were poisoned on your last turn of the battle, you better hope to god theres a pokemon center nearby.

-You may not switch out before the enemy trainer sends in a new Pokemon.

-You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle.

Right, the idea is that I will be going through pokemon Soul silver with this challenge. I will be using a slight variation of these rules which is to place any pokemon that faint into a box on the PC's called DEAD and they will stay in there till I beat Red on MT Silver.

Lets begin then! We will skip the first bit of naming my guy and my gender and get straight to after I have chosen my first pokemon, Planty the Chikorita!

Now that I have my first pokemon, time to head to the next town. Before that though headed back home to fetch my pokegear phone thingy.

Oh noes. On my way to the next town I get into my first fight. Luckily Planty takes care of it quite nicely.

After fighting two pokemon on my way to Cherrygrove I find an old man giving me a tour of the city.

He also teaches me some valuable life lessons

He then ends up giving me his shoes... dirty <I AM INSULTING PEOPLE>. Apparently I didn't have shoes before and these give me the magical ability.... TO RUN! At least he didn't try and touch me like Professor Elm did.

After this I heal my pokemon at the pokemon center and then head off to find Mr Pokemon North of the city.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Rebs Nuzlocke Challenge - Pokemon Soul Silver *Spoilers* !

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
This could be interesting, a very strict set of rules there.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:59 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: Rebs Nuzlocke Challenge - Pokemon Soul Silver *Spoilers* !

Dominating
Dominating
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Chapter 2 - The road to Mr Pokemon and some foreplay.

Well it looks likes it night time in pokemon now. Time to go see Mr Pokemon.

First fight is with a hoothoot. The guy didn't even bother to attack, just predicted the future a lot with foresight and growled from time to time. However thanks to this little bugger, Planty is now level 6 and has learnt Razor leaf!

ImageImage

Just found a house on this road. Should be Mr Pokemon's.

ImageImage

Nope... just some annoying old man telling me about apricorns, at least I got an apricorn box out of it. Oh well lets try the next house. I have a strange feeling this may be Mr Pokemon's house...

Inside I meet Professor Oak and Mr Pokemon and gain a pokedex and the mystery egg that I was sent here by Professor Elm to grab.

ImageImage

Walking outside I get a disturbing call from Elm, something has happened at the lab... probably got his penis caught in a pokeball again, told him he shouldn't play with them things.

On my way back to Elms lab I meet up with a rather rude Red haired emo. He challenged me to a battle with a crappy little Cyndaquil which went down easily.

ImageImageImage

After I manage to see his name on some card (apparently). See the little exclamation mark over his head is me being a sneaky <I AM INSULTING PEOPLE>. Who needs pokemon when your a ninja?

Anyway back at Elms lab, shit is going down. I'm accused of stealing (I knew I shouldn't have stolen that guys trainer card) But saved by some girl who totally has the hots for me. This wouldn't be creepy at all save for the fact shes 10! Ah well take what you can.
ImageImage

Time to name my rival. Thanks to popular demand and a totally unbiased voting system. My rivals name (thanks to Nannal and DHR for this will be...

Anyway the <FEMALE DOG> leaves and so does the officer and I hand the guy the egg. I'm also told to talk to my mum. She offers to save my money although first it looks like she is coming onto me...

ImageImage

Heading back to Cherrygrove city the girl with the weird blue pokemon shows me how to use my balls properly.

ImageImage

She offers to show me again... Man this is fun

ImageImageImage

What you were expecting something else from two ten year olds? You sick <I AM INSULTING PEOPLE>. Chapter 3 hopefully to come soon.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: BartmanTaz
Hehe, finding this quite funny, keep it up.

Voted for and funded by Scottie UK Ltd.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Heh, this is really good, keep it up, Pokemon: pervert edition.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:54 pm 

Dominating
Dominating

Chapter 2.5! Right after I posted chapter 2 I kind of played a little bit longer and ended up leveling Planty enough for it to learn Poison Powder.

Chapter 3 - Stealing money off kids, dark caves and ratatatatatatataatat

For this late night edition I made it my mission to capture my first pokemon. According to the rules I wasn't able to catch pokemon in the first few areas since I had already beaten pokemon there. This meant I had to get to route 31 and the Dark cave before I could capture my first pokemon.

First off on this journey was a caterpie who, despite my attacks not being effective well.. It didn't last long.

Next up on my little journey to route 31 was a few trainers. First one up Joey with his pathetic little ratatatatata. Yes I kind of missed the mark a little bit here with the text >-<

Image Image

One critical hit later and...

Now that my child spanking kung fu is perfected the guy wants to have my phone number so he can talk to me later. Good to have contacts I guess.

After a few more trainers and I finally make my way to route 31 and find this little beast.

Not too bad for my first catch I guess. Time to use what the Ball training girl taught me earlier. Weaken first.

Throw ball.

And....

Catch it! ^^'

Now then according to these rules I have to name the pokemon. Several names went through my mind. Lord Bitington, King Tooth. In the end I stuck with Gnasher.

I mean..

Now that my first pokemon on route 31 has been caught. Time to head to the dark cave to catch the next pokemon.

Ooo Very spooky.

Image Image

First Pokemon I find in this damn place is a Zubat. I decide now would be a good time to try Gnasher out.

However this may not have been a good idea, Gnasher was on deaths door however a potion saved his life.

Image Image

However another two quick attacks later and...

Yup Zubat is dead which means I now can't catch pokemon from this area.. Just great.

After this I decided to head back to the pokemon center in cherrygrove and do a little training.

Now thats all there is for this chapter however there are two more images I want to show you which just portrays brilliantly how well ROMS work. The first one is as I entered the dark cave and it got much worse after the first fight with zubat. For some odd reason my game decided to show me the sides of the map clearly :S

Image Image

Remember kids, piracy is a crime, although is good for the lulz.

This post does not represent the views of Si, Skillers or any of the Techious staff members. However Nannal fully approves and thinks you should all grab a copy before tuesday from your local bay of the pirate kind. Go digital economy bill!

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

Steam Login Name: kyhas
lol i was thinking along those lines cause otherwise how did ou get the screenshots, anyway you sure thats isn't the DSXL version? widne the screen :P

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:28 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

kyhas wrote:
lol i was thinking along those lines cause otherwise how did ou get the screenshots, anyway you sure thats isn't the DSXL version? widne the screen :P

Its the no$zoomer version. I'm emulating the game on my PC.

Last edited by Reb on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:33 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

The DSiXL is the same res anyway, wouldn't make any difference.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:48 am 

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: markusjameswynn
possible pm casually linking links???? :D.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:59 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: BartmanTaz
There's no need for a pm, what you want to do is.. (banned) XD

However if you would like to find some cool license free music there is this cool site for cool people by the cool name of www.thepiratebay.org in the search box you can search for any cool license free music however don't type in Pokemon soul silver rom unless you actually own the rom :D

Voted for and funded by Scottie UK Ltd.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Dominating
Dominating

Blargh! Having issues with the ROM at the moment. Keeps crashing and means I keep losing my save. I may not be able to continue the diary :(

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail