It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: TOCA Race Driver 3

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
TOCA Race Driver 3

After talking to my new manager, Rick, I was more interested in the GT light cars than the Clio Cup. He sent me out on a few test laps and he said I was good to go. I was hired immediately by Rosenforth Engineering. The team was not really known for having front line drivers or cars, but I wanted to change that.

GT Light
Weight: 490 Kg
Power: 190 BHP

Rick was very disappointed after I squandered away 2 of my qualifying laps by running onto the grass. The third however was nigh on perfect. I was 3rd on the grid. Just 0.32 seconds behind the pole sitter Alex Wong for Yazuru Kopi Sport. They had been the champs for the last 3 years. So I was against some stiff competition. My team mate had qualified down in 16th place.

My first race was very good! I started third and was immediately on the pace of the cars ahead. I moved up to second and then into the lead! I sliced up the inside of the first guy and went around the outside of the second! I won the race by a little more than 4 seconds. Rick was very pleased.

We left in good spirits and went to Brands Hatch. I clinched pole on my second flying lap! I was unsure of the car for the first lap into the notoriously hard Paddock Hill Band. But I eventually got the bottle up to got flat out and nailed the pole time! Now I could lead from the front.

From the rolling start I held off the lead and disappeared. I won by a magic 5.72 seconds to clinch the title. I had won both races and gotten 60 points.

More to come of my excellent driving carreer

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rick decided it was time for me to move into a higher category of racing. I moved up into the 4WD Championship. I turned down an offer from the MG Rally Team to race a works car because I want to stick to track racing. I could come back later and compete if I wanted to. Mitsubishi snapped me up for their Class B Lancer Evolution 4.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4
Weight: 1350 Kg
Power: 280 BHP

Mitsubishi were expecting me to win my class. Not the overall Championship. But that wouldn?t stop me from trying! My Grp. B Car was ok I suppose but I wanted to be in a Grp. A Car. I was flown out to Laguna Seca for the first race. I qualified 9th on the grid with a 1:33.05. This was good as I was at the front of my group by a long margin. After my first Grid start (from a standstill) was terrible I knew things weren?t going to be good. I was down to second in my class but worked away at the leader and eventually passed him at the Corkscrew on the fist lap. Rick was screaming at me to slow down and save the tires but I didn?t care. If I could catch the Grp A cars I would try. I ended up just 1.2 seconds behind the last placed Grp A car and 13 seconds ahead of my group! It earned me 25 points.

We were whisked away for the next round at the Nurburgring. It was to be held on a modified version of the GP circuit. After a disastrous first lap where I spun twice and smashed into a wall, I managed to qualify 3rd overall! That was with broken suspension and a damaged gearbox! Imagine what I could of done if my car wasn?t broken. Hmmm. I had another dreadful start and fell behind 2 more Grp A cars. However, this gave me a chance to shine against the Grp A cars. I ran 4th for a long time before I moved up into second with a single move. However it involved me going around the outside on the grass and incurring a penalty of 10 seconds to my overall race time. Rick screamed at me to get a move on so I did! I managed to win by 16 seconds. Including the time added on for my penalty! I won the Class B Championship after winning both races.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Rick decided it was time for me to get into a single seater. He organised a drive in the Formula 1000 Championship.

Formula 1000
Weight: 350Kg
Power: 150BHP

The first race was back in Britain at Donnington. Wasn?t I glad to be back on tracks that I knew! The first race was to be on the national circuit. I set a 1:01.87 in qualifying. The car was incredible! It held onto the grip perfectly. I snatched pole by 0.02 seconds!

After another dreadful grid start I ended up second on the road. I fought back into the lead by going around the outside of Murphy. However, this set me up completely wrong for the next bend and I went onto the grass. I dropped to third. I held third until the start of the second alp when I nailed second into the first corner. I breezed past Murphy on the following straight and went into the lead. I won by 1.45 seconds and into the lead of the championship. I also managed to smash the lap record for my class!

We were off to Silverstone for the second and final round. We were a support race for the British GP. This is where I had to really nail it if I wanted to get into a proper racing car. F1 was my dream. I qualified on pole again with a 1:35.53. I was nearly a second ahead of second place, Schroeder. Another bad start dropped me behind but I nailed a clean pass at Becketts and disappeared into the lead. I won by more than 11 seconds. Once again I landed the championship.

However, Rick was having problems with drives for the next season. He could only find drives in Racing Trucks, Rally Cross and Japanese Production Car Cup. Hmm. This was the problem I knew would eventually crop up. I didn?t no which one would lead onto better things.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail