It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: TIE Fighter

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Okay... This is going to sound a little Odd for a Diary, as the game is extremely Linear... But I'll try to do the best I can ^^

TIE Pilot DHR-107 >> Rank: Flight Cadet

Personal Log: Chapter One - Hoth System

It's been a long day. Today was my first Mission in active service. After Qualifying at the top of my Class in Flight School, being one of the only students they have ever had to obtain all 8 Training Insignias, I was put onto active duty as soon as I graduated.

I was selected to head to the Hoth system and help track down any Rebels fleeing their Ice World base. Platform D-34 would be my home until further notice. My first mission was a simple Scan excercise. All I had to do was fly with Beta and Gamma One and Scan all the ships that entered the area. We were searching for fleeing Rebels, but didn't expect much trouble.

As I tugged on my flight suit and jumped into my Fighter, designated Alpha One for this mission, I didn't think scanning freighters was going to be much fun at all... But what else could I do? I slowly engaged my thrusters and moved off. Switching all power to my engines, I was soon observing the first freighters that entered the system. Freighter group Onece was the first to be scanned, before the Transport Group was. Onece 3 was found to have illegal cargo on board, Rebels hiding in the holds.

Transport Signma was launched to disable and capture the freighter. We were to stand guard while the operation was active.

Shuttles came out of Hyperspace near our position and we were told to engage at once. The hostile Rebel Shuttles targeted each one of the Tie Fighters in the vincinity. They were obviously trying to defend their own.

We intercepted and took out all 6 of the Shuttles that had been on course to disrupt the capturing operation. I managed to claim all 6 kills, making me an instant Ace. As Beta and Gamma one headed back to the platform, I stayed with the Freighter until it had gone into Hyperspace.

I headed back to the debrief.

The mission had been a total success.

And my 6 kills was exemplary for a first time Cadet on mission. I grinned inwardly to myself, as I knew I had probably become the youngest Ace in active duty. We were quickely sent back to quarters... Which is where I am no... New mission, got to go.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: TIE Fighter

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Rennac
The graphics seemed so much better when I used to play....
Did you know it's on IGN's top ten games of all time?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:36 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rennac wrote:
The graphics seemed so much better when I used to play....
Did you know it's on IGN's top ten games of all time?

You might of been running the 3D hardware settings. I wierdly can't because it gives me lots of Graphical erros lol. Maybe because my systems so new and the game is so old lol.

Woo for random video!

Watch this video on Youtube.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:39 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

TIE Pilot DHR-107 >> Rank: Flight Officer

The abrupt end to the last log was because I was rushed into the next mission. Imperial probes had detected a force that was on its way to destory platform D-34. We had to defend from the Rebel and Mugaari attacks until the Imperial Class Star Destoryer Hammer came to relieve us.

A rather rushed brief led me to walk into a robed man who seemed ratherr... disturbing. He told me he was a close advisor to the Emperor and I would be wise to follow his advice. He told me there was going to be a Shuttle that would Hyperspace in and it would be carrying Rebel Officers on board. I was to scan the shuttle whislt holding off the Pirates and other Rebel ships.

Great... MORE work for me to do. So whilst I was dogfighting, I also had to look out for some random shuttle? Yay for me. As I jumped into my Fighter, Y Wings had Hyperspaced into the area about 6 Kilometers away. As Alpha One, I was to be a wing leader for the first time. We took off and flew to intercept the Y Wings that were entering the system. Y wings are pretty heavily built machines and in the hands of a good pilot pretty hard to take down. However, these pilots weren't that good. Alpha wing ripped through the first wave, as Gamme intercepted the second.

I picked up the Shuttle on my HUD and headed straight in that direction. This was something I needed to do for the Emperor. I approached the shuttle scanned it, low and behold there were Rebel Leaders onboard.

Assult Gunboats came out of Hypersapce and disabled the shuttles, Transport Sigma arrived to capture them. A pair of Y Wings from Gold group came and mixed things up a little, but with help form the Gunboats, I took them down. Hammer arrived as this was going on. As Sigma started to capture the shuttles, Correlian Corvettes hyperspaced into the battle pretty cose to where the Shuttle was disabled.

Sorry about the bad sound quality I am still working on some issues

Correlian Corvettes have several design flaws I learnt about whilst in the academy on training simulators. I used concussion Missiles to detroy the laser towers on the top of one of the ships, as I was aided by Tie Bombers which blew up the Corvettes. I managed to take out one of the Corvettes on my own, as the other was destroyed by the gunboats. Although, I thought I was going to be seriously told of as this was in direct opposition to a direct order to head home I had recieved as the Corvettes jumped into the battle. I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to get such a large vessel on my kill count.

The Ubote group was destroyed easily, and I headed back to the Platform to be debriefed. On returning (as any reader of this might of noticed) I had been promoted to Flight Officer because of my skills in the battle. Another 7 kills (6 Y Wings and a Corvette) was good progress.

More soon ^^

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:38 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

TIE Pilot DHR-107 >> Rank: Flight Officer

Our third mission was a hit and run on a carod transfer between the Mugaari and the Rebels. I was piloting a Bomber for the first time in Active service, which wouldnt be a problem. It had been outfitted with a super heavy load of Torpedoes, which was nice. We were to destroy all craft in the area, Rebel or Mugaari. 6 Tie Bombers and a pair of Tie Interceptors might of seemed overkill... It certainly seemed so to me.

The Muugari didn't stand a chance. Frigate Frogger hyper spaced into the system, dropped us off to attack the target and we were to return to Frogger when we were finished. The Mugaari pilots were no match for our fighters, and our Torpedoes ripped the opponent transports and freighters to peices. Mission was over in a few minutes.

Another 4 kills on various ships was cool, taking my total kills in 3 missions to 17. Already a triple ace. I wonder if there is anyone out their apart from Soontir Fel who was better than me at the moment... Okay... Okay... That was a little big headed. I'm just good at my job I guess.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

TIE Pilot DHR-107 >> Rank: Lieutenant

As we arrived back in the system, Sensor blips showed we weren't the only ones around. Frogger had returned to a Rebel raiding party that had captured outpost D-34 while we were away. We were immediatrly to jump into TIE Interceptors and engage the enemy forces. The Hooded figure grabbed me just before I entered the hangar and told me to inspect as many of the transports as possible before they were destroyed.

We were also told to expect new types of modified Tyderium Shuttle that had rearward facing Laser cannons. Usually you are quite safe when you are behind the opponent. These shuttles however, were quite deadly.

Still got poor sound quality, I managed to get the whole of this mission aswell

TIE Interceptors are far superior to their Fighter counterparts. Quad Laser Cannons and Concussion missiles as standard. They are also faster and more manauverable. After this mission, I was inducted into the First Loop of the Empire's Secret Order. I was also promoted to Lieutenant.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

21 kills already. Thats on average more than 5 kills a mission. I was being applauded for my skill as a Pilot. I always wanted more than what a Tie Fighter pilot was capable of, but I was determined to fight for the Galactic Empire. TIE pilots aren't supposed to have feelings or dreams. As cadets we get through special training to suppress feelings and essentially become robots. I managed to retain some feelings after I had gone through the training, I think this made me a better pilot than other candidates. Sometimes fighting with your heart is better than your head. We are supposed to be cannon fodder to protect the cause of the Empire. The only way to get recognised was to be the best you could possibly be.

Scouts had discovered a Small Rebel Cruiser that was orchestrating the attacks on platform D-34. I was selected to fly in Assault Gunboat Tau 2. I hated the AGunboat... It had sheilds, but it was so amazingly slow it really wasn't worth it. It was the one ship I had trouble mastering in the Academy. It had a decent amount of weapons systems, 16 Concussion Missiles, Dual Ion cannons and Dual Laser cannons, but so much energy was wasted throughout the machine that the engines didn't have much power left.

I was going to be in the first flight of the attack waves. 9 Gunboats were going to Hyperspace in and attack the fighters that the cruiser would deploy while its transports deployed mines. Their defence strategy was the typical one.

A Wings, B wings and X Wings were likely to be deployed, the Cruiser was supposed to be taking on contraband that had been stolen from Platform D-34 during the raid. The Hooded figure told me to scan the containers before they were destroyed in the attack.

We hyper spaced in and they knew we were coming. Group Tau broke off to fight the B Wings, while the other groups took on the A Wings and X Wings. I managed to scan the containers just before they were destroyed. We enaged the B wings and I managed to destroy the two transports that were deploying mines. I knew that when we came back later, the mines would be thick again however. I managed to take out my fair share of fighters, before I was swamred with A wings.

Flight group Mu had totally failed to take down the A wings. Tau one was destroyed right infront of me. I disabled one of the A Wings before my ship was critically damaged by missile fire. The Primary objective had already been completed however, so although my ship was destroyed, I was picked up by one of our rescue shuttles and returned to platform D-34 for medical treatment.

I was happy with my haul of kills in the mission, taking my kill count to 29. After I was out of bacta treatment... I had suffered quite severe burns as my fighter exploded. It was the first time I had lost a ship to enemy fire. 2 of the other pilots I had learnt had already lost 7 ships between them... So I guess I was one up on them. The hooded figure was most thanking of my efforts... He seems to think there is communications going on between someone in control of my Imperial command and the Rebel leaders.

I need to get some sleep before our attack on the cruiser later.

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 2
TIE Bomber - 1
TIE Interceptor - 1
Assault Gunboat - 1

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I was quite rudely awakened from my sleep with the message to get down to my briefing room. We were to finish the assault on the Light Frigate Lulsla which we had started about 6 hours ago. We were told to watch out for mines of 2 types. One with two laser cannons on it, and another more deadly type that only had one laser cannon on it, but fired a Warhead at your craft upon its destruction.

This mission was to succeed at all costs. The hooded figure was beomicng alarmingly common in these breifings, always tlaking to me about extra objectives... This time it was the capturing of the command crew of the Lulsla. I simply had to disable enemy craft leaving the ship as it started to get destroyed.

As we hyperspaced into the battle, I fired off most of my warheads at critical locations on the Lulsla, such as its Warhead Launchers and some of its laser cannons. Neautralising the ship was almost as important as its destruction. After destroying the less dangerous mines, the transports torpedoed the Lulsla and magaed to get the hull to a critical level. Transports and escape pods atsrted being deployed form the Lulsla's hull. I managed to find the command crew in a Tyerium shuttle that I disabled with my Ion Cannons. During the whole battle there were few enemy fighters. What was deployed was partially damaged anyway in rished repairs form our previous assault. The Lulsla was destroyed and I hyperspaced back to D-34 for a final debrief. I was to be sent back to the Main fleet before being re-assigned to another battle.

On my return, I was given a ceremony presenting me with a medal for my efforts in the Hoth system.

I was also inducted into the Second Circle Of The Secret Order of the Empire. There were rumours of Admiral Harkov having had a secret rendezvous with Rebel Leaders... Whether this was true or not I did not know. I was simply a grunt afterall.

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 2
TIE Bomber - 1
TIE Interceptor - 1
Assault Gunboat - 2

Just for some of you who don't know, the image below is of an Assault Gunboat.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

TIE Pilot DHR-107 >> Rank: Captain

Personal Log: Chapter Two - Sepan System

My next shuttle from the main fleet took me to the Sepan system. The system had been rife with a civic war between the two major factions, the Ripoblous and the Dimok, for generations. The Empire had finally decided to intervene and stop the civil war. Based from the Victory Class Star Destoyer Protector we would try and stop the civil war by intercepting attacks and fighitng from both sides.

We had only just arrived on board when we had recived a distress call from the Ripoblous saying one of their convoys was under attack from Dimok raiders.

I was placed into Tie Fighter Alpha Two. A designation I was not happy with as I preferred being a wing leader... Either way I would go off and do my own thing for the majority of the battle. Our primary mission was to intercept the Y Wings and drive them off the Convoy. Total Annihilation was not on the cards, we only had to destroy 25% of the Dimok forces to drive them off. They had a Modified Corvette in tow and a Light Calamari Cruiser jumped into the battlezone as we launched.

The Hooded figure told me to scan as many vessels as possible and be on the look out for Imperial Minutions. He also told me he personally thought something peculiar was going on with the War... It had been long and protracted, much longer than usual.

I set about scanning the Freighters as my first port of call. One of the Asbo group had Imperial Arms on board, which necessitated a transport to board and re-capture the stolen goods. I took on Y Wings and defended our Transport as TIE Bombers took on the corvette. I managed to take down some of the Y Wings and the rest of my flight group hit some others. The Dimok quikcley retreated, but the Ripoblous Convoy attacked our transport... Much to the chargrin of my commanding officer.

We returned and I was promoted to Captain due to my discovery of the Imperial arms on board the convoy.

I also managed to score 3 kills on Y Wings during the mission. I was happy with my days work... Though I wouldn't have much rest before our next mission.

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 3
TIE Bomber - 1
TIE Interceptor - 1
Assault Gunboat - 2

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Rennac
You're absolutely insane going into this much detail DHR!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Rennac wrote:
You're absolutely insane going into this much detail DHR!

Sometimes, things just have to be done properly :P I'm trying to make a character out of it... But thankyou for reading it!

Our second mission was to intercept a Ripoblous counter attack on a Dimok "Research" facility. The Hooded figure warned me to inspect as many of the cargo containers as possible. Just to make sure the Ripoblous were wrong.

I was designated to TIE Bomber Alpha 2... Again I wasn't overly happy with the arrangements, but I had to make do with what I'd been given. With a full compliment of Proton Torpedoes I was sure to be able to strike a large amount of damage to atleast one of the corvettes we had been sent to destroy. Protector jumped into the system and deployed us with a Fighter screen. I immediately took the further corvette and started to fire Torpedoes. I dealt critical damage and destroyed it.

As I was returning to the battle, I was hit by a glancing blow from one of the Ripoblous Assault Transports. My fighter was quite badly damaged, and I could no longer change direction of my ship. The automated repair systems Would take around 25 seconds to give me back stability control. I pushed all available power into my engines, but got hit by another blow. This blew out some of my internal dials and readouts.

I finally got back my flight control and returned to the battle all guns blazing. Protector was under attack from a Dimok Modified Frigate that really stood no chance.

The much smaller ship just below the Star Destoyer in this image is the opposing Frigate

Once the Star Destoyer had dealt with this threat, the Dimok forces withdrew from the battle. I returned to the Protector's Hangar and was immediately initiated into the Third Circle of the Secret Order of the Emperor. My work in discovering the weapons cache was most valuable I was told.

Another few kills including my second large ship were added to my growing number. My abilities were being seen by people much higher up than I expected, and rumours were forming. I tried to keep myself to myself however...

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 3
TIE Bomber - 2
TIE Interceptor - 1
Assault Gunboat - 2

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:57 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I screwed up one of these missions, so I only have a wierd Brief screen from a different mode, also means I dont have a kill sheet for the first of the two missions I am about to write

I've had a very long day. 2 Missions were completed without me having a chance to rest in between. By the end of the second, I was feeling pretty drained. I got rudely awakened when I was called upon for Fighter support in a mission where we had to defend the Patrol Craft Glas, which had Ripoblus refugees on board. They wanted an out from the war, and we were to provide one.

I was to fly a TIE Interceptor and intercept the other Ripoblus forces that had been sent to stop the refugees. Glas didn't have a hyper drive unit, so it would have to dock with the Protector. Glas had 2 shuttles as escorts, and the govermental Ripoblous forces would have Y Wings and more shuttles. We were told ot be on the look out for Dimok forces too.

I jumped into my Interceptor, Gamma Two. We launched into the fight zone and immediately engaged the Y Wings and shuttles. Glas would take some time to reach the Star Destroyer and we had to hold off the forces until then. The Y Wings were using their Ion Cannons to great effect, plastering some of the TIE Fighters that had joined in our rfight. Gamma 3 took a blast and was left stranded going in a straight line away from the battle. I engaged numerous craft and even more when the predicted Dimok raid happened. Gamma 1 was destroyed in a hail of shuttle fire, and Escort Shuttles Hyperspaced right in on top of the Protector as the Glas finished transferring refugees. The Star Destroyer opened fire on the shuttles, much to my dissapointment, as just I had hit the final shuttle, my craft had its left wing blown of by friendly fire.

I was luckily grabbed by the tractor beam and pulled home before my Interceptor flew into space. I'd shot down 12 targets, although losing my Interceptor to friendly fire wasn't all that great.

I didn't get much rest before we were immediately called to intercept a meeting between the Ripoblus and the Dimok leaders. We were to defend Transport Omega 1 and 2 from attacks as they disabled and boarded the Ripoblus and Dimok shuttles. We had to fly in these ridiculous Assault Gunboats again.The hooded figure told me to scan any large cargo carrying vessels that might come into the area...

We were warned that Z-95's and Escort Shuttles would likely be used to try and drive us off. That was about right... The Dimok and Ripoblus capital ships jumped into the sector and deployed lots of Z-95 Headhunters. I decided to take on the Escort Shuttles that were much more of a threat to the transports than the Z-95's. The rest of the flight group engaged the Z-95's and Gunboat group Tau helped me with the Escort Shuttles. We managed to take out the first 2 groups, just as the Omega transports were boarding the Shuttles. I aided Group Nu in hitting some Z-95's before another 2 groups of Escort Shuttles entered the area. I turned my attention back to them and managed to protect both of our Transports from the Ripoblus Escort Shuttles.

Our transports went into Hyperspace and so did most of the other Gunboats. Just as I was about to do the same, 2 Cargo Ferries and a Modified Corvette jumped into the system. These must of been the ships that the hooded figure was on about. I made a beeline for them before they could jump back out of the system. The Corvette was carrying more Imperial arms. Most disturbing. I jumped back out of the system and home before the ferries and Corvette could shoot my craft.

I'd managed to take down another 12 enemy ships. Mostly Z-95's after the rest of the Gunboats had left the system. What we discovered however, was that the people on the ships were simply Children... Apparently some mix up had been made, but they gave us a nice hostage situation we could exploit anyway. The Hooded figure was most unsure about my discovery on the cargo ships. Someone from higher up in the Imperial navy must be selling arms to each side of the conflict...

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 3
TIE Bomber - 2
TIE Interceptor - 2
Assault Gunboat - 3

Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Our final mission in the Sepan system was to escort the new TIE Advanced fighters to the Protector. We were expecting a join attack from the Ripoblus and Dimok factions to try and get the Imperial War machine out of thier sector. The hooded figure warned me about another shuttle that might come into the system after the Advanced's were on board.

The figure was adamant that a shuttle would arrive in the system and I should do whatever it takes to scan the ship. I was intrigued, but I was going to do as I was told.

As the Carrier craft Tropsobor hyperspaced into the system, Ripoblus and Dimok forces also joined in. Y Wings, Z-95 Headhuters and thier capital ships were all present. A light Calamari Cruiser and a Modified Nabulan B Frigate were both present. Bombers took runs on the Calamari Cruiser as I was told to escort the TIE Advanced. I was only to engage ships that presented a direct threat to either the Tropsobor or the TIE Advanced.

Tropsobor

As the 12 TIE Advanced moved to the Protector they came under attack from Y Wings. I engaged and managed to take down a few ships in the ensuing dogfight. Once all of the TIE Advanced were aboard, a shuttle did appear in the sector. The Calamari Cruiser had been destroyed and I immediately turned my attention to the shuttle. After doing a fly by... And finding a Rebel Leader on board, I was immediately told to return to the Protector.

Some other ships entered the sector, so I scanned them before returning to the hangar. I recieved a slap on the wrist for my disobeying of orders (whether that ounishment was decreased because of the Emperor's concern about my finding I will never know).

The Hooded figure was most disturbed by my findings...

A decent haul of kills and I was presented with my second Medal from active service.

I guess it's time to head back to the main fleet and start my third tour... Most likely back under Admiral Harkov's command.

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 4
TIE Bomber - 2
TIE Interceptor - 2
Assault Gunboat - 3

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Personal Log: Chapter Three - Pakuuni System

I was moved to Vice Admiral Thrawn's fighter squadrons. We were transferred to the Victory Class Star Destroyer Stalwart. Thrawn was to create a new Imperial station here and quell the pirates in the system. The Pakuuni system was sympathising with the Rebels. This was to be stopped.

Our first mission was to recover some abandoned base supplies from a goods drop off area. I had to fly a TIE Bomber and scan the containers that were in the area.

There were a few around, and when I had scanned them, I would be to protect the Cargo lifters that would drag the containers back to the Stalwart. We were expecting a Rebel raid during the operation.

We were to destroy the remaining containers and leave. Rebel Y Wings and B Wings Hyperspaced in during the battle, and an A Wing joined the assault. I managed to score the A Wing kill, in my far more cumbersome Bomber, my first agains tthe Rebel's fastest Ship. Even some X Wings joined the fray. Stalwart sent out Tie Fighters to help me against the Rebel starfighters.

I pure defence mission wasn't really all I wanted... but the haul of kills was still good. I was especially proud of my A Wing kill. I'm sure more important missions will follow this one... Time to get some rest.

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 4
TIE Bomber - 3
TIE Interceptor - 2
Assault Gunboat - 3

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

We were ferried onto the MOdified frigate Ludwick in a mission that was to destroy the main depot of the Pirates base. They had quite large defences, Z-95's, Y Wings and some Correlian Corvettes. We were to fly two TIE Bomber wings in and destroy the entire base.

The hooded figure told me to scan all the cargo containers before destroying them, just incase there were some valuable supplies in some of them. As we launched, 3 Corvettes were moving in to attack the Ludwick. 12 Torpedoes later and I had taken down two of the Corvettes. I left the other 'Vette to the rest of the Bombers and started scanning the conatiners that were around. I managed to take down a few of the Z-95's and Y Wings too.

One of the containers was harbouring Rebels, these were swiftly captured by Assault Transport Tiger. After that container was destroyed, we headed back to the Ludwick

Another good haul of kills. I was getting pretty good at destroying enemy ships and rumours of my skill were starting to spread. I was becoming more and more known in the Imperial Navy for my expertise and sometimes disobeying of orders. I tended to poke my nose in where it wasn't needed at the behest of the Hooded figure...

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 4
TIE Bomber - 4
TIE Interceptor - 2
Assault Gunboat - 3

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I think I'm going to start posting 2 missions at once because it's easier for me :P So read on ^^

Ludwick was still in the area waiting for more supplies. Construction of the new base could only get underway when there was little fighting going on. We were to hold position until the Convoy carrying the main base construciton equipment arrived. Intel had reports of a Rebel raid around this time of the day. We were deployed 15 minutes before the convoy arrived to make sure there were no Rebel craft in the area.

As soon as we deployed, Rebel fighters came out of Hyperspce. Followed by a Nebulon B Frigate which deployed a multitude of fighters into the battle. It was lucky I had missiles equipped to my TIE Fighter, otherwise I would of been in deep trouble.

I managed to snag the Frigate kill even though the Bombers had done much more direct damage to the thing. I had destroyed a lot of enemy stuff by this point... I was pretty happy with my haul. After the Frigate went down, very few more fighters appeared until the Convoy arrived. Another breif dogfight ensued with some Y Wings, but the mission had been completed.

15 Kills was very good for me (even though more than half were Y Wings). I'd managed to kill one of every craft that was out there against us. We started construction on the space base not long after that.

Next mission was to defend from a Rebel strike against the partially functioning station. It's sheilds were only working at around 50% of their proper capacity and the Rebels had picked their time to strike.

We were to defend the station until Thrawn's Star Destoyer Stalwart arrived. I had to fly one of those dam Assault Gunboats again... Slower and less heavily defended than a Rebel Y Wing. A lot of the pilots I spoke to hated them. I wondered why the Empire kept them in service. After a fairley mediocre battle with some various Rebel ships and come Corvettes, the Stalwart Arrived.

Boy was I glad to be out of that Assault Gunboat! Atleast the station could be finally completed. I had a very low kill count in this mission... more because of the craft I was flying than anthing else!

I did manage to score a kill against one of the Corvettes however. And Snag another A Wing kill. I wonder what tomorrow will bring...

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 5
TIE Bomber - 4
TIE Interceptor - 2
Assault Gunboat - 4

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Thrawn is coming to personally inspect the new installation. We have to protect his transport from any Rebel attacks as he goes from the Stalwart to the INstallation and back again.

As it happened, the Rebels had planned an attack against Thrawn's transport and out Defence wasn't going to be great against them. I was flying a TIE Bomber in a defensive role for the firs time. The Bomber is not a defence ship in any way, shape or form. X wings and A Wings came out of Hyperspace some way from the Installation and the transport. The Fighters and Interceptors moved to intersect them, while I was told to stay with the Transport. I got missile locks on some of the craft at quite a long distance, so I fired most of my Concussion Missiles to aid the Fighters and Interceptors.

I scored a lot of kills with the Missiles, as Tyderium Shuttles intercepted the transport on the way back from the Installation. We were forced to take these out as the Fighters and Interceptors wouldn't make it back in time. The Shuttles were taken down without much thought from us.

Another good haul of kills (and three A Wings) was good news. Thrawn was very impressed with our ability to use the Bomber in a defensive role. He was soon leaving to get releif forces and bring them to us for our next mission. We were to defend the outpost until Thrawn returned with the supplies to keep the base running. We were expecting the Rebels to try one last time to take down the installation.

Unfortunatly, I had to fly another Assault Gunboat in this mission... I don't think I would ever get over my hatred for this particular craft. The Hooded figure told me to look out for Rebel Battle commanders which would be in a Shuttle quite a distance from the fight. I was to disable this ship if possible.

As we deployed, stolen Storm Trooper Transports (Piloted by the Rebels) were starting attacking runs on the station. I had to intercept and use Torpedoes to deal with them quickly. B Wings, X wings and A Wings all Hyperspcaed into the battle, and a large dogfight was formed. I noticed the shuttle on my Craft Scanner and immediately started after it. getting my Ion Cannons to full charge and then disabling the craft was easy enough. A transport was deployed to capture the ship. I flew back into the fight using Torpedos at the longer range to make sure I hit something. All but one of my Warheads hit their target. Another mission was over and I was heading home.

I think I have the sound sorted now... maybe :P

Another medal of Service was awarded for my skill in the defence of the station. I wondered where my next battle would take me.

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 5
TIE Bomber - 5
TIE Interceptor - 2
Assault Gunboat - 5

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:15 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Dave, the sound on that last video is most certainly not sorted! :P

However this is awesome stuff, keep it up!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Boogeyboy40
IT'S THRAWN!

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:38 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

TIE Pilot DHR-107 >> Rank: Commander

Personal Log: Chapter Four - Mylok System

Our group had been picked up by Admiral Zaarin for the next tour. We were moved to fight Pirates in the Mylok System. The Habeen and the Nharwaak have been developing Hard Drive technology that we are greatly interested in. However, the Habeen want to sell us the jointly developed technology, whereas the Nharwaak want to sell it to the Rebels. We cannot let this happen.

Our first mission was to escort a Habeen convey to rendezvous with our Modified Frigate. We were told to expect fighter offence from older style ships such as Z-95's and Y wings. The Nharwaak were not happy about the Habeen selling to us.

The mission was simple enough, our TIE FIghters were more than a match for the Nharwaak ships. I concentrated on flying point and keeping the shuttles protected whilst the other TIE's dealt with the attacking ships. I still took two kills during the mission though.

After we had gained the technology, and returned for the debrief, I was promoted to Commander. I was finally becoming an leading light in my flight group and was starting to stand out from my other pilots. We didn't have much time for rest before we were slung into an offensive mission against the Nharwaak base.

We were to elimate the Corvette cover and then destroy what was left of the base. Although I only scored another 2 kills this mission, I was more interested in scanning most of the craft around before they were destroyed by my comprades. We found some other hard drive technology and also some rebel smugglers hiding away.

I'll try and get some more rest before tomorrows missions...

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 6
TIE Bomber - 6
TIE Interceptor - 2
Assault Gunboat - 5

Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I was awoken with the Red Alert sirens blaring. The Habeen research facility was under attack and we were to deploy to stop the Nharwaak raiders. They were to attack using mainly Y Wings, so seeing as we are still running short on Fighters, we were deployed in Bombers again.

We were deployed just in time. We were to defend the rescue ships while they got the Habeen scientists off their research veseels. We were also told to protect as much of the facility as possible. Most of the facillity was destroyed, but the mission was an overall success as we managed to protect all of the scientists. Our new Hyperdrive technology was safe for the time being.

I still managed another decent haul of kills. Y Wing's are hard to take down with experts at the cockpits, but the Nharwaak were not very talented Pilots. Our squad was hand picked in secrecy to defend the next mission.

We were to defend the diplomatic ships of the Empire and Habeen to finalise a contract for the Hyperdrive Technology that would go into the new TIE Admiral Zaarin was designing.

I finally got to fly a TIE Interceptor again. Faster, more agile and better armed than a standard TIE Fighter, the Interceptor was an awesome ship. Still had no shields, but you didn't need them with this sort of manauverability. I was deployed with Concussion Missiles. We were expected a Nharwaak attack at some point in the mission, we didn't expect it so soon.

A Corvette and a full squadron of Y Wings hyperspaced into the system. We were taken off guard, and my wing mates were destroyed my a hail of missile fire from the Y wings. I managed to take out the Corvette reasonably quickly, then set to work on destorying the Y Wings which had me severely out numbered. I managed to survive and take out most of the other Y Wings, my hull was pretty badly bashed up though. I was lucky to be still flying a roughly spaceworthy ship.

Another awesome haul of kills. I was really starting to stand out against my other pilots. We were to get re-inforcements soon, but we were running on only 8 men after the last few fights. TIE Pilots didn't have much thought for fellow pilots, which must mean I still have some of my humanity left...

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 6
TIE Bomber - 7
TIE Interceptor - 3
Assault Gunboat - 5

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:51 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

We had recieved word from the Habeen spies that the Nharwaak were trying to sell the technology to the Rebels. We were to intercept and destroy all the Rebel ships. a Nebulon B Frigate and a full fighter support, plus Nharwaak Y wings were going to be our opponents.

I was to be deployed in an Assault Gunboat as Fighter Support to protect the Tie Bombers. They were to make bombing runs against the Rebels Nebulon Frigate. The mission was relativekly easy. The Rebels had all of their fighters present, but they were eaten for breakfast by our better pilots. Even in the Gunboat I still managed to enjoy this mission.

My 4th Tour of Duty was over. I wondered whether Zaarin would keep me in one of his fighter squadrons for use in the new TIE Advanced. Only time would tell.

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 6
TIE Bomber - 7
TIE Interceptor - 3
Assault Gunboat - 6

Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Personal Log: Chapter Five - Parmel System

I had been transferred back into Admiral Harkov's command. Not a lot I could do about that... My first mission was to help teach some of the lower skilled Pilots how to clear a minefield in an unshielded craft.

I was re-united with the awesome TIE Interceptor. Quad laser cannons and a nimble control system made it match for most of the Rebel starfighters.

The mine field would be easy enough to navigate I thought. Destoying 8 or so mines was no big deal... Until Admiral Harkovs "rookie pilots" turned out to be aces they had sent to kill me. I was the Emporor's Stool Pidgeon.

As Gamma 2 and 3 turned on me, the Modified Firgate Osprey jumped into the system with the cloaked figure on board. I fought back against my attackers and destroyed them. I had been lucky, not many Pilots make it away from two other TIE Interceptors. As well as this, the Star Destoyer had opened fire on me craft, as well as the Osprey. While this was going on, a rebel cruiser jumped into the fray. A shuttle left the Sta Destroyer, I was determined to scan it.

I shunted all power to my engines and made the guantlet run through the SD's laser batteires. I had to scan that shuttle and find out what was going on.

After I reached the shuttle, I made a B line for the Osprey. It turns out that Harkovs first officer was onboard. This was most concerning.

I guess now we are going to have to track down Harkov's fleet now...

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 6
TIE Bomber - 7
TIE Interceptor - 4
Assault Gunboat - 6

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:51 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

I was instantly transferred to the cloaked figures fleet. We were now to track down Admiral harkov, and my knowledge of how his ships run would be highly valuable to the people chasing him.

We were immediately assigned to search for any Rebel installation's in the area. 4 were found very quickely and Assault gunboat recon units were sent out. They were to destroy all equipment they could find at the rebel installations, and look for Harkov.

Our Rebel base wasn't defended at all. A correlian freighter managed to escape us, but the attack on the installation was successful. It had a meager defence of 2 B Wings and some Z-95 Headhunters. Neither would prove much of a match-up to our superior skills.

Hopefully the sound on this video is much better

As Soon as Harkov's flagship ISD Protector jumped into the system, we made a hasty retreat to report we had found the traiterous scum.

I can only hope our next mission is to have revenge on our rebellious former leader.

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 6
TIE Bomber - 7
TIE Interceptor - 4
Assault Gunboat - 7

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:04 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Unfortunately it was not. Our next target was a supply convoy that would be rendezvousing with the Protector. We were to intercept and destroy this convoy before it reached the platform. The cloaked figure told me to inspect as much of the convoy as possible. I dutifully followed his command and scanned each ship before it was destroyed.

The convoy was only lightly defended by some A Wings which weren't that much of a problem. The ships dropped like flies as out superior armaments utterly destroyed them.

I still managed more kills than anyone else and I was more interested in scanning for contents of the freighters than destroying them. We would soon have our revenge on Admiral Harkov... If the rumours of a TIE Advanced shipment were true...

Later the same day I was in the hangar when the TIE Advanced shipment did arrive. The Advanced were to be assigned to our unit instantly (being we had the best pilots on the fleet). We were to use these fighters to attack Admiral Harkov's own TIE Advanced. I was told to report to the briefing station immediately.

We were to attack with a surgical strike. Our main mission was to destroy as many of Harkov's TIE Advanced as possible. Without supplies he could not produce more. We need to do this to soften up his fleet for the next stage in his capture. The cloaked figure also made me look out for a Shuttle that might be carrying someone important. As soon as we were in space, the TIE Advanced ecplipsed the Interceptor in every way, more power, shields and other weaponry made it a fantastic design. I was instantly comfortable in it.

The mission turned out to be more difficult than we imagined. My wingmen were soon gone and I had to destroy as many of the remaining TIE Advanced as I could. I managed to destroy the other fighters we need to reach the 50% goal. Shuttle Totem Also entered the battle. This was the shuttle that I had to scan. I managed to avoid Mines, and the Stations own weaponry to discover Admiral Harkov was on board...

The Protector jumped into Hypersapce not long after deploying the shuttle. The cloaked figure seemed alsmot joyous about this, as the Rebel Station was a far less difficult target than an Imperial Class Star Destroyer.

I was initiated into the 4th Circle of the Secret Order of the Empire shortly after the end of the mission. My services to the emporor had been outstanding and I was being rewarded heavily.

PS.

Missions in Each fighter

TIE Fighter - 6
TIE Bomber - 7
TIE Interceptor - 4
Assault Gunboat - 8
TIE Advanced - 1

Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 am 
 Profile E-mail