It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Mission Humanity

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I've been looking for this insane game for AGES. Then I got it on Ebay.

It's nuts, and if my memory serves, insanely hard and sucky. I must play this legend.

Stage 1: There is no options menu. I'm stuck in 800x600.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:20 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Mission Humanity

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stage 2: My landing vessel in the tutorial!

It flies around, meaning that it almost seems to be trying to evade the mouse. :P

It says ORDER in LARGE MACHO VOICE when you click on it. ><

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:22 am 
 Profile E-mail  

The pigeon had landed!

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:23 am 
 Profile E-mail  

This is me about to build a mine. I can see numbers. Lots of numbers. O_O

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

OMG, you assign workers to build stuff. I don't know where they are, but there are workers. I have 40 working on this:

It's the number 40 on the right hand side.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:27 am 
 Profile E-mail  

It seems I need an academy to train soldiers AND a barracks for them to live in. O_o

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:29 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I have some soldiers! They also wonder around aimlessly like the pigeon (yes I am calling it that).

I must now destroy the enemy. The soldiers also have ECHOING TOUGH-GUY VOICES.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:33 am 
 Profile E-mail  

The map is a mini planet! It's actually round and you can go completely around it!

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I had to search almost the entire planet to find the enemy. Trooper path finding is pretty poor, and they seem to ignore most of my orders. O-o

On the plus side, this game is running on Vista 64 without any special patching or anything. :P

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:44 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Trying to mine stuff fast enough to get moar extract stuff to build moar mines to get moar extract to build moar...

Oh yea, and the mini map shows where my mouse is on the planet, not my view. I can bind troops to numbers, but when I press the number to select them it auto-jumps to them as well making coordinated attacks a bit irritating.

I had to run it in compatibility mode to view the game movies.

There's no music in the tutorial, but there is in the game.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

The ai hack. They were rebuilding their buildings almost the instant I destroyed them unless I had someone standing on them. It encouraged the 'tactics' of splitting up my forces to stop them from constructing new buildings.

Oh yea, and I rushed early on with 10 soldiers. I met their rush coming the other way, but was fortunately able to reinforce and move forwards. I have no doubt I'd have been crushed other wise. There is no difficulty options. It has only one difficulty, and that's the game. I've no idea what it is, but I remember never getting further than the 4th or 5th mission.

Comments please people! :P

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I've just discovered a new screen where it says taking over a new planet is possible. What, planets??? This wasn't in the tutorial. Neither was information on vehicles. Which I can't build yet. I know you can though.

I've also found an options screen. You can only access it from in-game.

Oh yea, and as far as I'm aware the only objective is KILL. There don't seem to be any other objectives. The game's intro features stuff blowing up. And things fighting. I couldn't really tell who were the aliens and who was humanity.

The intro to the human campaign features a ship flying through space and a colony. That was it.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:10 am 
 Profile E-mail  

I had to guess how to view the planets screen and send my pigeon to it btw.

And yes, that ship is moving. Slowly, but it is moving. Then I'll be able to kill some moar on the new planet. Or something.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:12 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Right, it seems when I send it to a planet I need to put resources and troops on it, etc. Otherwise it arrives there with nothing and can do nothing except land. Of course I had no idea I needed to do this until it was too late. Ho hum, I'll send it back. Then I'll try and work out just how I'm actually supposed to put resources on the damned ship.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Can't send it back either. Not enough resources. Game over. D:

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:19 am 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
xD This game looks lolworthy tbh :D

And thats it if you can't send it back? :/ What happened to the guys on the other plent? Do your resources not carry on going up regardless?

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:36 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Erm, very interesting, I shall watch this.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:38 am 

DHR-107 wrote:
xD This game looks lolworthy tbh :D

And thats it if you can't send it back? :/ What happened to the guys on the other plent? Do your resources not carry on going up regardless?

They do for the other colony, but it can't do anything to expand to other planets. I was stuffed, so restart. ><

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Right, on my second playthrough, I vaguely remembered the need to attack quickly, so I landed my ship next to their landed one (they seem to start at the same stage as me even though they own the planet). I was able to build up slightly faster than them and actually crush them.

Things seemed to be going well.

Then it said something like 'enemy forces landing.'

At first I assumed it was another ship landing and started to hunt for it. Things were actually drastically worse.

It seems that they have INEXPLICABLY ended up with an army FAR LARGER THAN MINE, and by far larger I mean around what must be 100 troops dotted over the whole planet versus my few. They quickly homed in on my base and annihilated it.

Fortunately I'd saved it when I won the planet. Unfortunately this didn't help. There's simply too many, there's no way I can see of actually winning UNLESS, I some how am able to send troops via planets also. If I find out how to do this I may be able to survive.

It was as though the game was trying to punish me for my victory. :o

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:58 pm 
 Profile E-mail