It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Project Entropia - A poor persons diary

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
In my game diary i will be writing about my time in [url=http://www.project-entropia.com]Project Entropia[/url]. This is a large MMO that people pay real money for virtual dollars. Those of you who watched The Gadget Show recently would have seen the part about Project Entropia.

The difference between my account and most others is that I am not going to spend any real money on my account, I will start poor and will see how rich I can become. This is because most people can start off by donating real money (in US$) into PEDs(Project Entropia Dollars) at the exchange rate 1$ = 10PEDs, but I havent got the money to do that, so ill see how well i can do without real money.

Wish me good luck, all I have to do now is wait for the GB d/load.

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:45 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Day 1

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Day 1

My Character: Tomoko "Toko" Smith has started off well in the PE world. My day started off by meeting a person whose name im not sure whether i can mention, who is now my mentor and is showing me the basics of the game. He showed me around a small part of the map, so that I can start to get my money up.

This is done by collecting sweat from other animals and then selling it for PEDs that I can then spend on other items, such as axes to get even more PEDs. I spend 2 hours collecting sweat and foundthat I had 61 bottles of sweat. I then sold this to another play for 2 PECs (Project Entropia Cents) a bottle, giving me 1.22 PEDs.

I am now on the look for an axe or other melle weapon so that i can kill animals and gain money from that, what I will do then, i do not know.

So, First Day went well, and I think that for a free MMO (massive multi-player online), Project Entropia is well worth the time getting your online persona (or avatar) up, and ill see what i do next.

Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Pictures would be good. Oh, and you got ripped off with those sweat bottles, you should get atleast 2.2 PECs per bottle!

For those who are interested, I have also started in Project Entropia, and have met Connected. My name is Grim "The Grim" Reaper. My character is doing well, mostly thanks to my mentor, though I can't be bothered to write a game diary for it.

Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:45 pm 

Post Post subject:

Dominating
Dominating

Ive also started, gr8est free MMO, EVER a must play

Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, and you can make real money. The internal currency can be converted to US$ and vice versa.

Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:44 pm 

Post Post subject: Day 2

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Day 2

Today was a slow day for Toko (me). I spent all of the day running around sweating (taking sweat from animals and selling for PECs (Project Entropia Cents)). During the first couple of hours for my day, I collected 32 bottles of vibrant sweat, which I sold for 2.5PEC each, giving me 80PEC. That money is being saved up so that hopefully in the next couple of days I will be able to buy an axe (my mentor has told me that they are only around 7PED each).

I then spent the rest of the day collecting more sweat, I now have 140 bottles of sweat, which if I sell for the same amount as the bottles before, i will get 3.5PED, which is a good way toward my 7PED.

While collecting my sweat across the map, I was able to add 3 tp (teleport) places onto my map, so I can now easily find my way across Project Entropia very easily.

Overall, today was a sucessful day, and I should be able to loot animals (take money and other objects from them) within the next day or so. I still agree though, this game is definetly worth the time sweating in order to get money to become more sucessful.

I am also testing my project entropia diary on google's blogger service. The website: http://tomokotoko.blogspot.com

Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:00 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I doubt you'll keep getting 2.5PECs for each vibrant sweat - it's usually 2.2 or 2.3, 2.4 if you get over 1000.

Also, you don't have to buy an axe new. New axes cost 7PEDs, but some people sell old axes much cheaper, just make sure it's value is atleast 2PED and your not being charged more that 1PED more than it's value. Be warned, though, axes loose value quickly, so the break quickly. This is compensated by their heavy damage. You will need to spend a lot on repairing them, so you will need decent loot.

Also, from what I've seen, you get more loot from animals, the further away from Atlantis you are, so I wouldn't suggest trying to loot until you get to East Scillia Mountains (East of Zychron Citidel), though it's a good idea to have weaponry for your trip.

Check out maps and stuff at [url=http://entropia-pioneers.kick-ass.org/phpbb2/]Entropia Pioneers[/url].

Hope this helps you in your quest.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:16 am 

Post Post subject: Day 3

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

[u:bdebb16eb0]Day 3[/u:bdebb16eb0]

I know I didnt post yesterday's entry yesterday, but well, I didnt have the time to, so I'm going to do it now.

I didnt do much today, I spent all of the day heading to two points on the map, Fort Troy and Twin Peaks. You can see the map at the bottom of this blog entry to see where they are, so I can get to even more places on the Europa continent if I need to using the teleporters. That's all I basically did yesterday, and I will probabily go to Nymphtown tommorow to add yet another point on the map that I can go to.

By the end of today there are only seven or eight points that I cant get to, some I will not be able to until I get a weapon, so getting one is starting to become a higher priority for me.

Anyway, heres the map (from Entropia Poineers):

[img:bdebb16eb0]http://www.entropedia.com/img/pe-calypso-60.jpg[/img:bdebb16eb0]

Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

For those who don't know it - here's a link to Entropia Pioneers (EP) - [url=http://entropia-pioneers.kick-ass.org]Clicky[/url]

Have you managed to get to Nyphtown, cos it took me 1 1/2 hours! (without being returned to an outpost).

Some notes I discovered about that map - the red dots are outposts they haven't labelled, and the red areas are PvP zones (I think, not sure).

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:12 pm 

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

the red circular areas are toxic areas that if you enter you instantly die unless you have had an anti-toxic injection, but i dont know where you can get them from

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:52 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I've done some more research and yo can get the injection for 5PEDs from the nearby trade terminals. They are all PvP zones, and one of them is lootable (meaning you can loose stuff), but I don't know which one. I'll come back later with the correct info.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:12 pm 

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

OK, here's the deal;

PvP1 - West coast (North of PA) is toxic, non-lootable.
PvP2 - South East (South of NymphTown) is toxic, non-lootable.
PvP3 - Centre/North East (Near Echidna) is Toxic, lootable (stackable items like hide and minerals, not guns and armour, not sure about money).
Boxing Rings - Lots of towns is non-toxic and non-lootable.
Armethra - Other continant (all except Treasure Island - origional transport island), non-toxic and non-lootable.

Hope this helps.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:29 pm