It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Transport Tycoon: Attempt 2

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
OK, I am trying again, but this time it should be a lot more interesting;

Firstly, I am using OpenTTD, so I can fastforward through boring bits.

The Map

I am now using a Sub-Arctic landscape, with lots of small towns. I made the map myself, but that's to make sure the towns are small, though I did it as close to a computer generated map as possible.

The map was done using the random landscape, towns and trees function to make the landscape.

Why is Sub-Artic so hard? Firstly, it's hilly, which makes construnction hard. Also, all towns above the snow line need food to grow, so they won't progress until much later. Finally, there are lots of trees, which means it will cost more to build.

So, my map;

This is the town directory sorted by population. No town has more than 100 population (there are a couple of small towns off the bottom, including empty ones);

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:36 pm 

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Inauguration

OK, so here we go! The first thing I did was build a bus service between two of the larger towns and a smaller town. This was in an aim to make lots of larger towns. I started with one bus;
The populations had started at 81, 72 and 43, so all but Hufield had dropped.
The low population of Little Brinningbury was causing problems, but these soon passed;
My ratings at those stations were dropping, so I added a second bus. At the same time I recieved news of a competitor, who was dormant. unfortunately, one of the features of OpenTTD means I cannot buy shares in a company straight away;
1950 came to an end, and I had started. I now had a small lown and a negative amount of money. My towns had started to develop nicely, and Hufield was the first to top 100;
I soon got a bankrupsy warning, but this was fixed with an extra bit of loan. Bear in mind my maximum loan is currently ?100,000, so I have to be careful;
The nearby town of Quardham was moderately sized, and could do with expansion, so I extended my bus service;
Finally 1951 came to an end, I had had to take more loan out for the Quardham road, so was now at ?40,000 loan. My towns were developing nicely, with the main 3 all over 100, and Quardham showing visible growth;

Due to the towns' growth in size, I should soon see an increase in income from my 2 busses, which are currently doing poorly.

Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:40 pm 

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

OK, I haven't got bored of this one, I just don't have time to play it, I have a lot of work to be doing. I may get back to this later.

Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:56 am 

Post Post subject:

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
It looks cool. Quite interesting. I should get that OpenTTD...

Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I have had time to play it now, so here's an update;

Survival

1952 was in progress, and I was facing a slight problem - ratings. This is simple to fix with an extra bit of loan and an extra bus, which I promptly did;
This quickly brought the ratings up to around 50% (good) from 40% (poor/mediocre). This increased the amount of passengers I was getting.

The rest of the year was univentful, though I got another silent competitor around now. Anyway, the end of year charts showed that I had lost around 8K, 5K of which was the new bus;
The only oter news was that all my towns had made it to 100 population, which could mean more passengers.

The next year saw Sedingstone Bay and Hufield reaching 200 inhabitants at around August, but apart from that, 1953 was uneventful, with slightly increased profit;

1954 was a lot more interesting, I had 3 major size develops, two cities reaching 300 and Quardham reaching 200 (which is great because it started at 49 only 3 years ago);
The end of year money information was also interesting, if it wasn't for the loan interest, I would be in profit! This is an increase in income of 1.7K since last year, and if this happens again, I should see a 1K profit next year. Fingers crossed! Anyway, the pic;

More coming soon(ish)...

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:25 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: Transport Tycoon: Attempt 2

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Chamged all the code for the images, now available to be seen.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Transport Tycoon: Attempt 2

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Thanks, maybe I should get back to this at some point, haven't played it for nearly a year now.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:45 pm