It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Introduction

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Here you can write about a game you have played, creating a diary of what you have done.

Games that make good diaries;

Simulations - Transport Tycoon and SimCity, don't know what will happen next.
Any game without a story - games without stories are considered freeform, therefore people will not know what's going to happen.

Games that don't make good diaries;

FPS's - these have storylines, everyone knows what will happen next.
Repetative games - These are just boring (eg, MMOs when grinding, if you're actually doing something interesting, then they will be good).

Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:21 pm 

Post Post subject:

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: wigouche
mmo should make good dirays just in a diggerent way than other games

eg plot of what happens to ur crew in a set of missions and bringing in world events partys in clubs searcxhing resricted area with agents after u and such for mxo but others they wouldn't work

Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Certain MMOs would make terrible diaries from what I've heard. t would just be kill rat, kill rat etc. Also, from what I've heard, MXO is slightly different in that it isn't that repetative (therefore it MIGHT make a good diary).

Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:49 pm 

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Any Racing game will make an execcelent diary, if you include team and wins losses and a brief description of each evcent you are in. The best game for this so far will be F1 2005 for PS2 as it actually has a career mode. If you turn this into words, Hey Presto!

Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Would something like Pokemon make a good story? Just a random thought. It is a Single Player adventure, but there are many different ways to go about it i guess. There are so many options when making headway along the quest. Everyone knows how it will turn out by now, but it would be interesting to see what people (IE Me) would write about battles and the like.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject:

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Hmm, yeah. It would work. You could say what you trained,when you caught stuff etc and even document battles move for move, if you wanted. If you set a camera up right you could even get screenies.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:12 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: Introduction

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Or if u have a legal emu...U can just take srceenies like i have! Laughing its so much fun! Laughing i should right up my Career on F106 aswell really...

Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:55 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

A legal eulator? Well, emus are legal, but downloading the ROMs for games you don't own isn't.

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:46 am 

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Met's idea has just got me thinking....RTS games would work pretty well....You'd just need to write it properly i guess. Put in some background story, change some stuff...then away you go..the AI make it more interesting too as you don't know what they are going to do next....

Hmmmm....:/

Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Yeah, it could be interesting, especially if you do it from the battlefield POV.

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:17 am