It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: *SPOILERS*Doom 3: A diary I intend to finish. 56K UNFRIENDLY

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I intend to actually try and write this one so bare with me. I'll be starting off later today. With screenies.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:17 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Doom 3 - A diary I intend to finish

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Sounds good, I look forward to reading!

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:31 am 

Souns??? What's that mean?

Am I missing something? :P

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:54 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Nothing at all! Except a d

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:57 am 

Ah, oh I see. The spelling mistake was a lie. The italics emphasise your scepticism. :P

Things have not started well. After installing, the damned thing refuses to run. It keeps crashing.

I'm downloading the latest patch now.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
i also intend to finish doom someday.. care to race?

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I believe he's already finished it, just no-one has ever completed a diary here, lol.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 pm 

Finished both it and its expansion. ;)

I like to finish games, but I have many that I have not yet done so (mainly because of the frankly insane number I have).

I'll start playing this evening. What I am undecided on however is whether or not to play through on the easiest or hardest (excluding nightmare) difficulty setting.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:43 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

It turned out to be steam that was the problem.

Also, is anyone going to bother to answer my question?

What difficulty do you think I should play it on?

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:05 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

NIGHTMARE!
(yes i did read your earlier post) :P

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:46 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

I agree, lol.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:35 pm 

Goderer wrote:
NIGHTMARE!
(yes i did read your earlier post) :P

Reason I can't do that is:

a) I just reinstalled so it's not unlocked
b) It's insane. :P

I'll take this as a plea for the hardest difficulty setting aside from that however. ;)

Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

awww
next hardest then i guess.
random, but my biggest issue with doom 3 was that they didn't use the amazing "NIGHTMARE" text from the other games :(

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Goderer wrote:
awww
next hardest then i guess.
random, but my biggest issue with doom 3 was that they didn't use the amazing "NIGHTMARE" text from the other games :(

That's because it was a tad gimicky. :P

I actually really quite liked Doom 3. Then again, I also like marmite. :P

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

t'was still uber.
it is a fun game, but for reasons i cant work out, i liked the older ones better :S

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:03 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Entry 1.

I am marine. OO RAH!

I step off the ship thing as it lands. Looks nice. Some beurocrat and his bodyguard also get off bumbling about something, but I don't care because I AM MARINE!

There's some scientist guy sitting on a bench babbling about getting out, but that doesn't matter.

Onward through door, into scanning room thing! :D

Now we see the glory of the UAC mars facility, with nice announcements, lights, shiny metal, and ROBOTS! :D

Naturally, I stride in to collect MARINE!'s pda. I must not lose it informs the secretary.

Onward I bumble through the lovely world of mars! ><

More soon. >-<

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: *SPOILERS*Doom 3: A diary I intend to finish. 56K UNFRIENDLY

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

ROFL, I think you captured the spirit of Doom quite well.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:12 pm 

Post Post subject: Re: *SPOILERS*Doom 3: A diary I intend to finish. 56K UNFRIENDLY

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

lol very nice.
...then MARNIE! accidentally typed "spawn monster_boss_cyberdemon" into console in a large open area.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:12 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Skillers wrote:
ROFL, I think you captured the spirit of Doom quite well.

Goderer wrote:
lol very nice.
...then MARNIE! accidentally typed "spawn monster_boss_cyberdemon" into console in a large open area.

I was half asleep when I was writing it. It's not the complete first entry, I'll add the rest later. Entries are basically play sessions. So one entry = one session of Doom 3. :)

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

you should still type that in console and screenshot whatever appears. :p

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Goderer wrote:
you should still type that in console and screenshot whatever appears. :p

I already did. :P

Or something like that anyway. It was after I'd finished the game for the first time. I booted it back up and was spawning them in the first building at the start of the game. You could only see the feet of the cyberdemon. :P

Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:58 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

would make a nice diary page or 2 if it cant move..
see how long it would take to kill with torch

Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:48 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Goderer wrote:
would make a nice diary page or 2 if it cant move..
see how long it would take to kill with torch

I might do that after I've finished this. However I intend to complete it without cheating etc.

This diary will get more serious when I'm not typing it whilst half-asleep and/or hyper. :P

Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

cool ^^
i can't be serious, so i might do a CSS diary.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Entry 1 continued:

With my PDA stowed away, I proceeded into the mars base, talking to people who seemed to be, well, a bit self-centered. They didn't seem to talk much. They have some things to say though.

I soon over-hear Swann (the beaurocrat) arguing with Dr Betruger (the head scientist on Mars). They flame each other good and proper.

Swann:

Betruger, the sort you'd like to keep at the end of a 20ft barge pole:

I proceed on further. My destination is Marine Command, where I meet up with Sargent Kelly, who gives me orders to find a 'missing scientist', and 'not hurt him'.

Marine on duty shows the way:

Sarge:

Kelly orders me to follow this little drone, who will guide me some of the way:

There are many cabinets that you can find the codes for. They then open to give you stuff.

Proceeding on then. I have to make my way to an old comms centre, as apparantly the missing scientist was last seen near there. I make my way there, and pick up a gun and some armour from this guy:

Then I go off and scare this guy. :P

Then this guy startled me! He was hiding behind some crates.

I don't know what this is, but it looks cool. I think it's explained in one of the UAC videos:

I then startled this guy too.

I proceed on further, with flickering lights etc. Apparantly the scientists in the Delta labs are demanding more and more power. Consequently power-cuts are quite common.

Further on, I get to take a walk on Mars (which I forgot to take screenies for :P).
Still, I got some pics of the guard and the airlock.

This walk takes me to the old comms building, where I face the door...

End of Entry 1.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:23 pm 
 Profile E-mail