It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Medieval Total War 2 - The English

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
Easter is long, and i won't be spending my whole time revising so i'll write this account of the empire i choose. And i will aim to go without cheats.

Win Conditions: Control 15 provinces, Defeat France and Scotland.

It seems i begin with an empire broken and weakened since the invasion in 1066. However the year is now 1080 and it is then i shall rebuild england and make the empire known to the world. An advisor pointed out that the town of York was under a rebel groups control. That only lead me to attack the town. Meanwhile towns where instructed to build various structures. If only to make the peasants happy.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Medieval Total War 2 - The English

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ahhh York, never before have rebels been so organised. Next time i must re-think my tactics.

We approached them during the day and after negotiations broke down were forced to invade. Thankfully York had no walls to keep the troops out of and we waltzed into the streets. Unfortunately the peasants had rallied together, the fighting was a lot harsher than originally thought out. The Rebel leader a Captian Loefwine once in the old English army commanded these peasants and stood amongst them boosting their morale even when fighting my own disciplined well-equipped soldiers. Needless to say my own troops suffered and took many losses. Prince Rupert had to leave the main force to join the flank and aid them in their battle.

Still it proved valuable as the enemy captain was slain by an arrow. Immediately followed by the prince's cavalry charge sending the enemy running back to the town center. Apparently though the death of their leader only spurred them on as they re-grouped and charged the prince who made a hasty retreat.

However a few more archer barrages and they were running again the cowards. Prince Rupert then charged the group causing all three to rout. With-in moments the battle swung and the victor decided as York fell.

However Rennes was not so fortunate, our forces besieged the city and whilst building siege equipment were attacked. To say the least they lost and soon retreated. Maybe next year.

Note: Other images coming soon.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Medieval Total War 2 - The English

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)

The year? it is unimportant. At least not until we beat those scots who call home to our land.

We captured Rennes in the end a great general by the name of Robert took the army from Caen and attacked mercilessly until their walls fell and their morale broke.

Alliances were made with Scotland and France. They'll never see it coming. In fact Scotland didn't, being so under-manned. Their king left to lord in Edinburgh, had only a puny levy of spearmen to face my army with. True he was skilled, but i was much better. Our spy also managed to open the gates as we approached.

The flanking worked perfectly drawing the spearman to opposite sides of the town allowing both to be cut down, after than it was a short battle with the Scottish king before it was all over.

Effectively taking there major city turns the scots into roaming bandits, no longer a unified nation. However their last royal descendant was last seen in Ireland so that calls my attention.

Lastly my actions with Scotland was too much for france who immediatly canceled the alliance.

Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail