It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Help? :)

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
In your spare time, please check out my new website: http://54.228.221.163/scs/test.php

It's legit.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Help? :)

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Sorry, there is nothing to solve right now.
Please try again later.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:17 pm 

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

Skillers wrote:
Please try again later.

Perhaps this IS the test? :P

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

It's a social captcha solving service I created. It needs some work though ;)

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I've almost completed this - struggling to get time for anything though.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:57 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Hey!

I just registered 100 campaigns through my own website... so now, you should see lots of things to solve!!!

Eventually, I will make it so that:

1) people get paid for completing these
2) people pay for getting them completed

My service is different to other services in that it will manage the downloading of the webpages and images by itself. The server maintains incorrectly answered campaigns and auto-retries and dispatches them to an available user online at that time. It will not queue more than it can handle, in theory. I will soon add a user system, which will come with a rating system - people who answer correctly more often will be more inclined to receive work, and incentive to complete correctly will be high due to the financial link. My system will automatically determine whether a captcha was completed successfully or not by reading the response text after submitting the Captcha.

This has taken about 2 weeks to make, but I think it is worth it. Please try it and let me know what you think.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:34 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Update:

http://54.228.221.163/scs/

That's the new page.

You can create your own campaigns here:

http://54.228.221.163/scs/_.php

Enjoy.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

20 campaigns registered, ready for you to test for me... thanks!

Keep an eye on http://54.228.221.163/scs/stats.php as you fill them in.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:20 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Please try again later.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:53 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

They all got solved really quickly :D

Update: I'll add 100 again.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:02 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Works now, did a couple, funny how they were all "real word - nonesense".

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I believe the majority of Captcha's are a combination of one OCR failure and one computer generated string. However I've seen combinations of both computer generated gibberish, usually with a splodge in the middle inverting the colours, or both clearly OCR failures.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:07 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)

Steam Login Name: simonpcook
azcn2503 wrote:
My service is different to other services in that it will manage the downloading of the webpages and images by itself. The server maintains incorrectly answered campaigns and auto-retries and dispatches them to an available user online at that time.

Can you elaborate on this point? How is yours say different/better than the services I mentioned in the first place for this :P

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:05 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

The difference with my service is that you do not send the server the Captcha form or image - my server does it for you. At the minimum, just pass a URL and a regular expression to match, and my server will take care of the rest.

Example:

http://54.228.221.163/scs/scs.api.php?t ... ion%5Cb%2F

The JSON response will contain a campaign code if it found a Captcha form - this is to let you know that a campaign has been created. Then you just monitor its progress at an interval you desire, by browsing/curling/wgetting etc. to scs.api.php?type=status&campaign=[your campaign code] .

(Note that the JSON response supplied by the server is temporarily including the raw HTML output for debugging purposes)

Update: It should probably be noted that my service is not a file downloading service, it merely is checking for text on the result page. Nothing more. In a future update, it will have an option to only return the text matching the expression - and the status page will only be viewable by the campaign owner.

Update 2: Something I realised my system does have that nobody else appears to have, is a 'set and forget' attitude to solving the Captcha - your Captcha will not 'expire' because the server will re-download and re-dispatch the Captcha to an available user if it was filled in incorrectly or if it took too long to solve. It's great for a system that won't experience many users online at a time, and with systems that do want to download a lot of information, such as at my workplace, as the stacked requests just re-queue (and therefore re-download) and dispatch to whoever happens to be online. It will always come back with fresh information at that time but not at the time it was originally requested.

A downside to my system is... that even with the correct HTTP headers sent, sometimes my server ,physically located in Ireland, is incorrectly geographically determined as being located in Denmark. This can skew page results - your English regex means nothing to a Dutch response. (Update: this could be related to the anonymisation feature - my server download IP changes every 10 minutes)

Update: Cool, my service works with Recaptcha Mailhide: http://54.228.221.163/scs/scs.api.php?t ... 537.22%22+

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:54 pm 
 Profile E-mail