It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Alice in Wonderland

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
The next big 3D film to watch. I'll be watching it on release day!

Watch this video on Youtube.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Alice in Wonderland

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Can I come? :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sure :)

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:28 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: BartmanTaz
azcn2503 wrote:
The next big 3D film to watch. I'll be watching it on release day!

Watch this video on Youtube.

The trailer does look terrible, basically The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe set as a sequel to Alice in wonderland. Without a soft and well spoken English lady as Alice they may have as well spat on the original film and books. I really hope this isn't one of those terrible movies which the plebs eat up.

However it is Tim Burton, and he has done some good stuff in the past.

If I watch this it will be in normal mode, as Avatar put me off the silly 3d effect of films since when I saw it again I realised how much better the colours where as opposed to those glasses which darkened everything / weird depth of field shots when showing off 3d and focus not corrected.

Voted for and funded by Scottie UK Ltd.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

I think this Alice in Wonderland trailer is really good!

As for the 3D effects in Avatar, maybe it's your eyes?

Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It could have been Scottie's eyes.
Also Scottie, pro tip... in 3D, you only focus on 1 THING, not everything like in 2D. Simply put in real life your eyes can only focus on certain things at a time and can't focus everything due to the distance judgement. The blurring and out-of-focus adds to the perception of 3D.
(right now I'm staring at this writing, my keys are blurred and the text from Aaron's post is blurred)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Devilbwaha
its johnny depp! aka its a movie worth watching!! johnny depp is like my favorit actor!! love him<3 he is hot even!:O (A)

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

No i'm sorry your forgetting the fact that in real life if I decide to look at something 2 inches from where my eyes are focusing then it is ALWAYS in focus and not blurry. Why they did depth of field shots with a "3d" movie was insane and one of the main detractors it.

With 3d the 3d effect should never be so out of focus as to look like lazyness, in the part of creating good effects. Because of the fact it is popping into my eyes.

And no it's not my eyes many critics have noticed this flaw as well, just hope they at least try/ get it fixed in alice.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Rage.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:18 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Scottie wrote:
No i'm sorry your forgetting the fact that I fail at everything, especially sniping as will is waay too awesome for me. Avatar was awesome and i just am too annoyed by my -1 score that i took it out on it

Thanks for the confession :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Hawke wrote:
Scottie wrote:
No i'm sorry your forgetting the fact that I fail at everything, especially sniping as will is waay too awesome for me. Avatar was awesome and i just am too annoyed by my -1 score that i took it out on it

Thanks for the confession :P

+1

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence
Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

I thought the 3d effects in Avatar were pretty impressive.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:35 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Just thought I would spam the fact that I am VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS FILM.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:32 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Fancy seeing it sometime this weekened Aaron? :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Sorry for the late reply.

I was very interested in watching it, but unfortunately on Friday I was not feeling very well. I have spent all of Saturday lazing around and getting lots of rest. I hope that I will see it next Friday or some time next weekend. I'd like to bring a few people with me...

Actually, I think I have something on next Friday come to think of it...

I have a phone system project going live on that day and unfortunately I think I will be working very late. It's likely that I'll be able to watch it on late Saturday or late Sunday though, as I think I will be working all of that weekend. Hopefully not pulling an all-nighter...

Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

azcn2503 wrote:
Sorry for the late reply.

I was very interested in watching it, but unfortunately on Friday I was not feeling very well. I have spent all of Saturday lazing around and getting lots of rest. I hope that I will see it next Friday or some time next weekend. I'd like to bring a few people with me...

Actually, I think I have something on next Friday come to think of it...

I have a phone system project going live on that day and unfortunately I think I will be working very late. It's likely that I'll be able to watch it on late Saturday or late Sunday though, as I think I will be working all of that weekend. Hopefully not pulling an all-nighter...

Ouch, sounds like you're gonna have a busy weekend :(
How about maybe sometime during the week when you're not busy?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:14 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Sounds like a good idea Hawke :)

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:00 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I'm about to watch it with my boyfriend tonight in 3D! Can't wait. I'll post when I've seen it as well what I thought of it

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:31 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Alright. Back from the cinema. I got to say I'm quite impressed although I haven't seen the original movie. So I didn't know the story before I saw it, but I loved it. Johnny Depp was outstanding as usual! I saw it in 3d, and It was rather good imo. worth watching!

Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:33 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Thanks Ine :)

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:21 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

azcn2503 wrote:
Sounds like a good idea Hawke :)

You good for Friday Aaron? :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster

Friday is still bad unfortunately!

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:25 am 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

How about Thursday? :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:41 pm 
 Profile E-mail