All times are UTC

Is Picture 1 or 2 the best type of design
1 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
2 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post Post subject: I need some pointers

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Devilbwaha
As some of you might already know, I'm a musician. I've chosen to record vocal trance now, and I feel like I've found the genre I feel comfterable in. Anyway I downloaded photoshop yesterday and with some help from avenger (Thank you so much^^ ),I made a picture which I'm not sure if i like or not. This was the result:

PICTURE 1:

PICTURE 2:

The 1st picture (MusiX of the SouL is btw not a typing mistake.Thats the name of my upcoming album)is from the blog where I'm going to be posting my music and updates. (for those who wanna check it out: http://ice-angel23.blogspot.com/
(be aware that I'm not very good at the English grammar and nor am I good with web designs/photoediting)
the 2nd picture Was the first one I made, but I finished it cause I didn't rly get how to edit at that point, but nvm how bad it is. The point is to get some pointers of what kinda style the picture should be in.
WHat do you think? Anything I should remove, add, change? I'm very bad at editing!! This was my second time I think:P Is it fitting as of the artist name Ice Angel? Any other suggestions for how a cool pic for that name could me? Now's a good chance for you to be creative! If you have any cool ideas for song names as feel free to share them with me.

At the current time I'm trying out Techno Ejay 5, which I actually think the Techno Ejay 4 was better,, I'm having some difficulties with the sound recording. I think the sound and making own beats were much easier on the TE5.I've tried FL9 as well but I didnt really understand it. Anyone know of any good music programs? I'm obviously looking for something good to make trance with.
I'd appreatiate it! I used garageband on my old mac before to just record my own things from the keyboard (you can basically make a while song with the different sounds on a keyboard). I've made around 40-50 songs in my life, but unfortunatly my mac crashed and I lost almost everything, except those files I had sent to others or had online.

Anyway, all pointers is much appreatiated!
Cheers McBlubb

Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:21 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: I need some pointers

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Lugash
not bad for 1 day of photoshop experiance :)

i like the first one. but i'd recomend a greater contrast of colours if your going for a kind of abstract explosion effect, gives the image a greater feeling of depth.
But personaly, i wouldnt use as many abstract effects over the face, its the focus point and so it should stand out a bit more, try going over the layers above it with the blur tool. play around with hue/saturation/brightness a bit and maybe throw in a gradiant map or two. :)

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

yeah i tried but faile haha. as said it didnt turn out the way I'd like it to. I totally agree with you, but I'm quite bad with the tools:P

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Eagle Eye (Mod)
Eagle Eye (Mod)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: kyhas
1st one but honestly? pm schlurbi! he is into trance and a brilliant vector artist. if im correct so talk to him, you may get free art in exchange for him getting free music? xD

Although personally 1 is better if i have to pick :)

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:26 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

thanks^^ I might have to have a word with him then^^:D

I got like 3 songs in my head atm which I really wanna record, but somehow when I try to get the sound samples (recorded) to the mixboard it refuse to..so its really annoying, cause then I cant get the songs as I want then

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Edwardsells
i got a tutorial website for photoshop, ill try find it now

Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:30 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

oh that would be awesome!

Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:34 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Monster Poster
Monster Poster

Steam Login Name: BartmanTaz
o

m

g

Is that picture of you?

JESUS CHRIST!

Voted for and funded by Scottie UK Ltd.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

yes thats me^^ what about it?

Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:45 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

btw if someone wants to read my boring blog of my regular life: http://life-of-inoue.blogspot.com/

Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:49 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Oh Behave!
Oh Behave!

Steam Login Name: Lugash
Just ask if you need help with shops and stuff, they are a few people around here like Schlurbi and myself that should be able to help :) see Schlurbi for vector all things vector and i could help with anything abstract.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Oh that would be awesome!!! me and digital devices...:P im amazed I can even handle my laptop:P

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

Throw up some source images, I think a little comp could be good fun.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:56 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Allright^^:) I'm happy for everyones help! Really! Yeah, sure I'll post some pictures, but feel free to play around with pics you might find yourself if you bother as well:)I'm not picky as for such matter^^ I'm looking for some cool design to put up on the blog as for a header and a profile picture maybe. Ill take a look to find some source pics now

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:08 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

[img]http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs141.snc1/5213_253590555614_590875614_8295116_5951877_n.jpg[img]

[/img]http://www.mnh.si.edu/exhibits/natures_best_2006/gallery/snowandiceatsunset.jpg[/img]

[img]http://media.picfor.me/0019380/lazarus-girl-sexy-angel-девушка-ангел-секси-крылья-naked-wings-aRTSY_large.jpg[/img]

its basically just googeling keywords as ice, angel, sunset, xxxsomethingxx wallpaper, etc
The main theme to get in the picture is theme of ice/angel/blue/vocal trance like

good chance to be creative^^ Lets make a compisition. Those who makes a pic post it here and the picture that wins gets a song from me. You get to decide whatever name of the song, and what it should be about^^

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:22 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I see some of the links failed... anyway i forgot mention abstract is cool as well

all kind or like music signs such as:

not all of those ofc but just the notes or something musical.
As said feel free to be creative^^:D

If someone wants to use another pic of me feel free to ask

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:25 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

I keep remembering things to add lol XD but this will be a challenge for me as well to be creative and write a song in a totally random subject the winner pics^^:) could be a wierd fun song haha!

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:46 pm 
 Profile E-mail