It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post Post subject: Do u like classical music ?

Double Poster
Double Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: nilulk
Classical music is very cool and good for knownlege development. Do u think it ?
I very like Classical music. how about you ?

Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Post Post subject: Re: Do u like classical music ?

Top Gun (Admin)
Top Gun (Admin)
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: Skillers1990
Not really, though there are some pieces I like.

Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 am 

Godlike Poster
Godlike Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: azcn2503
I used to play classical when I was levelling up my piano skill. I played some nice stuff.

Mon May 18, 2009 10:37 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Malevolent Artificial Intelligence

I do like some classical, however my music taste is decidedly odd. Some things appeal to me more than others, but if I had to align myself to a particular genre it would most likely be classical.

Mon May 18, 2009 2:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: jordanowenwynn
Classical music is good:
1. No bad lyrics (there isn't any at all)
2. No atrocious singers (it is all professional)
3. The music that comes from the soul... rather than the genitals (a reference to the fact that most music in recent times are about sex/drugs/relationships)
I play a few pieces on piano from the Classical period + a bit of music from the Romantic period. All of it is good. It also makes good background music for revision.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat May 23, 2009 4:09 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
I'm not such a fan of Classical, but Orchestral modern pieces I am a huge fan of ^^

Tue May 26, 2009 12:19 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

DHR-107 wrote:
I'm not such a fan of Classical, but Orchestral modern pieces I am a huge fan of ^^

List some. :D

Also, I could've sworn you said you quite like piano music as well.

Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Posting Rampage
Posting Rampage
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: VoodooCookieQueen
I like some classical music. ^^ Mainly because I play the piano, and the majority of the songs I play are classical. Vivaldi is good. :] The Four Seasons is amazing. And I've also done a few plays where some of the background music was classical stuff, although I can't put names to them.

Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Ludicrous Poster
Ludicrous Poster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Steam Login Name: vantomboy
the only "classic" music i like is not even classic.
like this shizz here

Watch this video on Youtube.

Tue May 26, 2009 9:14 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

The Moonlight Sonata- Ludwig Van Beethoven. An excellent interpretation from a very good pianist.
Strictly speaking it is a piano piece from the Romantic period but it is widely regarded as Classical music. A nice atmospheric piece and one of my favourite pieces to play on Piano.

Für Elise- Ludwig Van Beethoven.
This is a classical piece of music composed in the Classical period. A very familiar tune to many and probably one of Beethoven's most well known compositions.

Typically if you're looking for any piano classical music, you won't go wrong searching for people like Beethoven, Mozart and Bach

As for orchestral classical music...

Symphony No. 26 in D minor "Lamentatione" - Joseph Haydn.
A piece I studied for AS music, this was composed in the Classical period. Although it doesn't contain a huge orchestra, it is an orchestral piece of music.

Carmina Burana- Carl Orff. Some of the songs are interpreted slightly incorrectly to the original score, but it is nonetheless a very impressive performance.
Strictly 20th Century with influences from the Baroque and Renaissance periods, this is a very famous work that is regarded as a "Classical" piece of music.

Enjoy, Hawke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue May 26, 2009 9:53 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

GO GO POWER MODERATOR!
GO GO POWER MODERATOR!

Steam Login Name: rct2100
Metritutus wrote:
DHR-107 wrote:

List some. :D

Also, I could've sworn you said you quite like piano music as well.

I do love the sound of the Piano. Anything being played on the Piano sounds fantastic.

I don't know Met, stuff like the Star Wars orchestral stuff. Video game music in orchestral is also pretty cool. I honestly haven't listened to that much other stuff. Like I said in the other thread, the Orchestral for "Big Blue" form F Zero is one of my favourite pieces of music.

Tue May 26, 2009 10:24 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

DHR-107 wrote:
"Big Blue"

Fuck yeah, F Zero X had some damn good songs in it tbh

as for classical i think people know my taste

Tue May 26, 2009 10:35 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

The Heart Asks Pleasure First (Theme from The Piano)- Michael Nyman.
An amazing piano piece and my first ever proper piano piece I learnt. Includes a very good video with it as well if you like to watch as well.
This is probably my personal favourite.

Enjoy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue May 26, 2009 10:42 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

CRIT MAGNET
CRIT MAGNET

Le Onde (The Wave in French)- Ludovico Einaudi
Another beautiful piano piece. My third piece I learnt.

Enjoy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Samosa!
Samosa!

I also enjoyed

Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 pm 
 Profile E-mail  

Unstoppable
Unstoppable

Steam Login Name: Devilbwaha
I love SOME classical. Basically since I was playing classical music on the piano and the violin for like 15 years or whatever. It's quite nice to play, but I don't listen to it in my free time. It's not like I sit on the buss and HELL YEAH! LETS LISTEN TO SOME CLASSICAL MUSIC!! nah, but I've been to some classical concerts. But I do really like the classical music mixed with modern music:P:D thats pretty cool

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:44 am 
 Profile E-mail  

Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Steam Login Name: WE_HolloW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o1ahMha5tc Orchestrated Ocarina of Time tracks are complete win.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:27 pm 
 Profile E-mail